Boob Jobs? Your Thoughts... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 04-30-2002, 11:45 AM   #31
Local Time: 08:21 AM
I'm not against cosmetic surgery because everyone has the right to decide how they want to look. But the world just sickens me because there's a certain look that is considered "beautiful" or "handsome" by a majority while everyone else is left on the outside made to feel that they don't fit in. I would never waste money getting surgery done because I like who I am- if there was something I'd change about myself I wouldn't look on the outside first alot of people forget that there's not just an outside appearance to themselves, I really don't see surgery increasing my confidence or self esteem, if anything it would tear it down because I'd be overly concerned about my boobs and how they look all the time. I just say be who you are because everyone is gonna get old and die and really while you are alive no one cares about how your body looks more than you.

I saw the surgery show on MTV and I felt really sad for the people that had their bodies enhanced. The guy who had his calves enlarged suddenly went on an ego trip after the surgery and the girls that had their boobs enlarged still didn't think they looked good enough to be in Playboy. So either that kinda thing fills in the missing gap of confidence to the point that the person feels perfect beyond compare and no one is ever good enough for them or they just never think they look right and they'll never stop trying to look perfect. It's a sad situation.

Old 04-30-2002, 12:04 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 09:21 AM
Originally posted by martha:
I don't like having surgery of any kind; the enemas, Why anyone would do that to have fake boobs is beyond me.

Thats one starnge plastic surgeon you got there martha!!

The joker is the best card.

Old 04-30-2002, 01:28 PM   #33
The Flower
Local Time: 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Peaseblossom:
I'm almost ashamed to admit this but after I got my heart broken by someone who "was no longer attracted to me physically" I actually did some research on boob jobs and liposuction. I've since decided that that's a very bad idea, but I can understand why women go that way. When you're young, and dating not-so-nice people- it seems that personality doesn't matter that much, you either have to be really pretty, or have a great body. If you don't have either, it's really easy to be sucked into that kind of thinking.

I get so sad when young women feel this way...I know there is really nothing anyone can say or do to convince someone with these kinds of feelings that they really are okay just they way they are because unfortunatly, young women are bombarded with these damn unrealistic images of what they are supposed to look like. I hate this.

Instead of feeling like you have to change your body to please a not so nice person, ask yourself why you would want to be with someone like that in the first place. Learn to enjoy your own company and trust that the right person will come along, someone who will appreciate you for who you are, not what you look like.
Old 04-30-2002, 01:30 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 03:21 PM
Hmmm... i don't know anyone that would have done cosmetic surgery (guys or girls).

Like some of the others have said, it really isn't about looking good (better?) per se but the lack of self esteem IMO. You don't need this kind of surgery if you feel comfortable with yourself - and i doubt that the issue would go away after the surgery.
Having said that, it's each indivudual's decision.

Personally, i wouldn't do it. They look good enough for me, my gynecologist said they're "nicely developed"... what more could i ask for?
Old 04-30-2002, 03:20 PM   #35
War Child
Local Time: 05:21 AM

The thought of anything fake sounds sickening.
Old 04-30-2002, 03:24 PM   #36
love, blood, life
Local Time: 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Why aren't there more of you out there?
We are out here - personality over looks! They could be pretty darn attractive - but if their sense of humor sucks or they lack intelligence - the relationship is just not going to work - at least in my world.

Oh, and it is nice if they have money (just joking on the money thing!!!!).
Old 04-30-2002, 03:26 PM   #37
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
Yeah, we're out here.

The jerks and assholes are just louder.
Old 04-30-2002, 04:36 PM   #38
Local Time: 12:21 AM
I am not really against cosmetic surgery- I myself would not really get anything done as I am too scared of pain, but I have a close friend who really wants to get a boob job- and I am totally all for her to get it done- my friend has practically nothing in that department and I know that something as simple as that would make her so much more confident and happier and I know that she wants to do it for herself- I also saw how this helped a friend of a friend when she had a nose job- it was amazing to see the transformation in her personality. Now some people are comfortable with themselves no matter what but I dont think it is wrong for someone to have cosmetic surgery to make themselves feel happier, but for people to go and do it to look like Pamela Anderson - now I think that is a little wrong or wanting to have gynormous tits- yucky!
Old 04-30-2002, 05:53 PM   #39
War Child
Local Time: 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Diemen:

What annoys me most is that you're very attractive as you are, and yet that's just not good enough for some.

Aw, shucks, D. This is why I love you so much. You help make me better.
Old 04-30-2002, 05:56 PM   #40
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
Local Time: 06:21 AM
Originally posted by DiGi:
I actually prefer girls with a smaller chest.
You rule.

Old 04-30-2002, 07:15 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 03:21 PM
Maybe I should get a knee job because they're kinda pointy.

No God up in the sky
No devil beneath the sea
Could do the job that you did
Of bringing me to my knees
Old 04-30-2002, 08:47 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:21 PM
Big girls......have to spend more on their lingerie.

Individual choice really, although the idea of people feeling shamed if they don't fit the current idea of beauty is a sad thing.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 05-05-2002).]
Old 04-30-2002, 09:12 PM   #43
The Original
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
I am VERY impressed with the guys here who will admit that they like natural girls, big or small, and even more impressed with the guys who say that looks aren't everything!

Why aren't there more of you out there?
I can't really understand how a guy would think of building a relationship around someone based on her looking like a stereotypical supermodel. When you hang out, it's not gonna be way more enjoyable if she's totally hawt, but rather because she has a personality that is much compatable with your own -- unless you're shallower than a puddle.

I agree with Diemen, too.. I think there actually are a LOT of really decent, non-asshole guys.

I've never known anyone who I know had a boob job (thank god, since I'm in high school!) so I'm not sure how unnatural they seem. I like breasts as much as the next guy, but I've been very attracted to small chested women before, so I don't think it's really that big a deal.

Old 04-30-2002, 09:46 PM   #44
She's the One
Local Time: 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Hewson:
Originally posted by martha:
I don't like having surgery of any kind; the enemas, Why anyone would do that to have fake boobs is beyond me.

Thats one starnge plastic surgeon you got there martha!!

Hewson, you are a silly person! It was ovarian cysts, if you must know. I was gutted like a perch, hipbone to hipbone. That's why cosmetic surgery has never appealed to me. Too many outpatient surgeries as well. YUCK.

You have fairly generic bunions. --my podiatrist, 4-11-02
Old 04-30-2002, 10:48 PM   #45
War Child
Anyone for a lift???

I've considered it, after nursing three kids, the girls aren't as firm and perky as they used to be.

I guess I just need to find the right bra!!!

If your glass house should crack....POE