Boob Jobs? Your Thoughts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not against cosmetic surgery because everyone has the right to decide how they want to look. But the world just sickens me because there's a certain look that is considered "beautiful" or "handsome" by a majority while everyone else is left on the outside made to feel that they don't fit in. I would never waste money getting surgery done because I like who I am- if there was something I'd change about myself I wouldn't look on the outside first alot of people forget that there's not just an outside appearance to themselves, I really don't see surgery increasing my confidence or self esteem, if anything it would tear it down because I'd be overly concerned about my boobs and how they look all the time. I just say be who you are because everyone is gonna get old and die and really while you are alive no one cares about how your body looks more than you.

I saw the surgery show on MTV and I felt really sad for the people that had their bodies enhanced. The guy who had his calves enlarged suddenly went on an ego trip after the surgery and the girls that had their boobs enlarged still didn't think they looked good enough to be in Playboy. So either that kinda thing fills in the missing gap of confidence to the point that the person feels perfect beyond compare and no one is ever good enough for them or they just never think they look right and they'll never stop trying to look perfect. It's a sad situation.

Originally posted by martha:
I don't like having surgery of any kind; the enemas, Why anyone would do that to have fake boobs is beyond me.

Thats one starnge plastic surgeon you got there martha!!
eek.gif

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Originally posted by Peaseblossom:
I'm almost ashamed to admit this but after I got my heart broken by someone who "was no longer attracted to me physically" I actually did some research on boob jobs and liposuction. I've since decided that that's a very bad idea, but I can understand why women go that way. When you're young, and dating not-so-nice people- it seems that personality doesn't matter that much, you either have to be really pretty, or have a great body. If you don't have either, it's really easy to be sucked into that kind of thinking.

I get so sad when young women feel this way...I know there is really nothing anyone can say or do to convince someone with these kinds of feelings that they really are okay just they way they are because unfortunatly, young women are bombarded with these damn unrealistic images of what they are supposed to look like. I hate this.

Instead of feeling like you have to change your body to please a not so nice person, ask yourself why you would want to be with someone like that in the first place. Learn to enjoy your own company and trust that the right person will come along, someone who will appreciate you for who you are, not what you look like.

Hmmm... i don't know anyone that would have done cosmetic surgery (guys or girls).

Like some of the others have said, it really isn't about looking good (better?) per se but the lack of self esteem IMO. You don't need this kind of surgery if you feel comfortable with yourself - and i doubt that the issue would go away after the surgery.
Having said that, it's each indivudual's decision.

Personally, i wouldn't do it. They look good enough for me, my gynecologist said they're "nicely developed"... what more could i ask for?

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Why aren't there more of you out there?

We are out here - personality over looks! They could be pretty darn attractive - but if their sense of humor sucks or they lack intelligence - the relationship is just not going to work - at least in my world.

Oh, and it is nice if they have money (just joking on the money thing!!!!).

I am not really against cosmetic surgery- I myself would not really get anything done as I am too scared of pain, but I have a close friend who really wants to get a boob job- and I am totally all for her to get it done- my friend has practically nothing in that department and I know that something as simple as that would make her so much more confident and happier and I know that she wants to do it for herself- I also saw how this helped a friend of a friend when she had a nose job- it was amazing to see the transformation in her personality. Now some people are comfortable with themselves no matter what but I dont think it is wrong for someone to have cosmetic surgery to make themselves feel happier, but for people to go and do it to look like Pamela Anderson - now I think that is a little wrong or wanting to have gynormous tits- yucky!
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Diemen:

What annoys me most is that you're very attractive as you are, and yet that's just not good enough for some.

mad.gif
Grrrr.....

Aw, shucks, D. This is why I love you so much. You help make me better.

Maybe I should get a knee job because they're kinda pointy.

------------------
No God up in the sky
No devil beneath the sea
Could do the job that you did
Of bringing me to my knees

Big girls......have to spend more on their lingerie.

Individual choice really, although the idea of people feeling shamed if they don't fit the current idea of beauty is a sad thing.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 05-05-2002).]

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
I am VERY impressed with the guys here who will admit that they like natural girls, big or small, and even more impressed with the guys who say that looks aren't everything!

I can't really understand how a guy would think of building a relationship around someone based on her looking like a stereotypical supermodel. When you hang out, it's not gonna be way more enjoyable if she's totally hawt, but rather because she has a personality that is much compatable with your own -- unless you're shallower than a puddle.

I agree with Diemen, too.. I think there actually are a LOT of really decent, non-asshole guys.

I've never known anyone who I know had a boob job (thank god, since I'm in high school!) so I'm not sure how unnatural they seem. I like breasts as much as the next guy, but I've been very attracted to small chested women before, so I don't think it's really that big a deal.

Originally posted by Hewson:
Originally posted by martha:
I don't like having surgery of any kind; the enemas, Why anyone would do that to have fake boobs is beyond me.

Thats one starnge plastic surgeon you got there martha!!
eek.gif

Hewson, you are a silly person! It was ovarian cysts, if you must know. I was gutted like a perch, hipbone to hipbone. That's why cosmetic surgery has never appealed to me. Too many outpatient surgeries as well. YUCK.

------------------

You have fairly generic bunions. --my podiatrist, 4-11-02

person who gets boob job= a very vain & shallow person.

...the kind of ppl that make this world a sad, sad place...

------------------
' I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name. . .'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

Love is...cold steel/Fingers too numb to feel/Squeeze the handle/Blow out the candle
Love is blindness.../A little death/Without mourning/No call/And no warning...

[Thanks Coach P]

Originally posted by U2002revolution!:

I think that's quite a harsh generalization. Some understandable reasons for women to do that have been brought up in this thread. That's not to say they're a good idea, but to condemn anyone who has the procedure as vain and shallow isn't entirely accurate.

Originally posted by U2002revolution!:

I think you're judging a bit too fast and making quite a big generalisation. I have known some girls who wanted implants and trust me they are not at all how you are describing them.

Did somebody say boob? Real Ones are cool and Fake Ones are cool. Whatever gives me a boner, works.

With that said, I never would imply to a woman that she needed a boob job. Whatever she had would be fine with me. I'll admit that I love big titties, but the ones that are soft and fluffy.

How about asking people if they like a real penis or a surgically enlarged one instead.

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!

I actually prefer girls with a smaller chest.

So not really a fan of the boob job or the fake boobs at all and i do not see why society makes it such an issue. Kinda sucks if you ask me.

Originally posted by Peaseblossom:
I'm almost ashamed to admit this but after I got my heart broken by someone who "was no longer attracted to me physically" I actually did some research on boob jobs and liposuction. I've since decided that that's a very bad idea, but I can understand why women go that way. When you're young, and dating not-so-nice people- it seems that personality doesn't matter that much, you either have to be really pretty, or have a great body. If you don't have either, it's really easy to be sucked into that kind of thinking.

I could go on a looong rant about this....but I'll just say this: he doesn't deserve you if that's his way of thinking. Same goes for any other guy who can't clue into reality enough to realize that all women don't and shouldn't have to look like supermodels to be attractive.

What annoys me most is that you're very attractive as you are, and yet that's just not good enough for some.

mad.gif
Grrrr.....

I am VERY impressed with the guys here who will admit that they like natural girls, big or small, and even more impressed with the guys who say that looks aren't everything!

I would never do it myself and most girls that do it, I don't understand why.

My best friend had her breasts done a few years ago and I totally back her up. Yes, she has low self esteem, don't ask me why because she has, and have always had a long line of guys after her.
Anyway, I understand that she wanted to enlarge her breasts, she didn't have any, pretty much. And now it looks very, very normal. We are just a few that knows of the surgery at all.
She does regret it on two points though, one is that she lost her sensitiveness (is that a word? lol) partly in one of the breast and that when someone comments her breasts, she can never be entirely proud of them because she knows they are not for real.
She did it only for herself, that's important to point out. Her boyfriend doesn't care at all and noone have ever said that she had small breasts in a negative way and as mentioned she has never had a problem with dating guys, so it was only for her feeling good about herself, she did it.

Thx guys for all your responses!! I totally didn't expect this topic to get so much viewership, but I suppose when you put the word boob in the subject title, you'll peak a lot of erm... curiosity!
biggrin.gif

Anyways......... you have all renewed my faith in humanity! I would never judge someone for getting a boob job and everyone has their own reasons, but I believe that times have changed and this is something that we don't need to do to be sexy!

On a side note... I went bra shopping with my friend the other day, and my God! Out of a store of hundreds of bras, there was one tiny little rack with bras on it that DID NOT have padding!
eek.gif
So I guess that's the 21 Century's solution....
rolleyes.gif
What is with this world and its facination with large breasts?!@?

I DON'T WANT TO WEAR A PADDED BRA!!!!!!!
icon40.gif

------------------
38 B and proud of it!!

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 05-02-2002).]

dreamwanderer-i was a nurse in orange county california (superficial central for those of you who are not familiar with the area) and saw more fake boobs on old women than anyone should ever have to endure. they stay the same size, shape and location as originally placed. yes, quite freakish. lynn

Originally posted by cass:
Big girls......have to spend more on their lingerie.

I hear you sister! I just can't go to the clearance sale and pick up a bra for $7.99.

My sister's roommate is 22 and is a 34 A. I feel bad for her because she is always buying push up bras and trying to give herself a figure. For her it is a very trying ordeal. She is so self conscious about it it makes her miserable. That's why I feel for her, not because she's small but because she's so unhappy. The thing is she is a smart attractive girl with a good self esteem otherwise. She justs wants to be a "B" and I don't think that is too much to ask. She has talked about having her breasts enlarged and I have to support her. As someone who is unhappy with my own breast size I can sympathize.

The girl whose ass you see in this pic is my ex-girlfriend. She got a boobjob after I dated her. She's such a freak, I wasn't surprised.

I prefer natural girls. The current lawyer is natural. And quite fine.

alum97.jpg

CK

[This message has been edited by Ty Willingham (edited 05-02-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom