Bono Put A Smile On 50 000 People's Face- michael franti @ Studio 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Did any of the Aussie's see/hear that last night?
What a shame that show is programmed so late.
I had stayed up to see/hear David Bowie on Rove Live last night( woohooo, he promised a lengthy Oz tour ,February 2004. I hope I can go!)
I fell asleep on the couch(bad cass!) and woke up just as Micahel Franti was singing Bomb The World in a live performance at Studio 22. They then crossed to an interview with him and he spoke about touring with U2 ,Bono and music making a difference to people's lives. Did anyone else see it?
I was half asleep, but I quickly organised a tape and managed to get the last 10 minutes. I'll transcribe it later if you like.
Everyone loves Bono :heart: :)

....well almost everyone
anyone with any commonsense and taste does
I know I do:D
:bono:

peace

Here 'tis. I transcribed it.

"I like to create an environment where people feel free to express their emotions. You know, whether it's sadness or joy or anger. Whatever, I want a safe place for people to let it out.

One time we were on tour with U2 and there was this journalist who kept pushing around at me saying,"Doesn't Bono do this? da da da da da da da da da, and they're not so political any more. What's wrong with those guys?" He was trying to get me to talk bad about them.
And I said to him, "You know what? I've seen this show 30 times, for 30 nights. I've seen 50 000 people leave this place - all with a smile on their their face. If you can tell me any politician who can do that, I'll vote for them."
So that's what I want to do. I want to make music to help people get up in the morning and clean their toilet and go on with their day to day lives. Hopefully there's some seeds planted in the lyrics that, over time, will take hold and mean something"

Michael Franti on Studio 22 ABCTV

Spearhead! :hyper:

:up:

Everyone deserves music
Sweet music

BTW, in the booklet of their first album (Home, get it!) they also thanked 'the U2 posse.'

:D

Marty

my 12th grade math teacher was a big fan, he brought an album into class once

i remember listening to that, but i don't remember any of the trigonometry i was supposed to have learned that year :)

i love u2 - i listened to my baltimore elevation tour bootleg on the way to school this morning - and i was smiling to start my school day off...god bless u2

Back
Top Bottom