Bono on The West Wing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Soar

War Child
During last Sunday’s episode, Bono was mentioned at the beginning and during the final scene. Campaign staff were rejoicing that Bono wanted a meeting with Democratic Presidential Candidate Santos regarding Africa. Donna wanted to know if she was going to miss meeting Bono. Josh assured her that she would not miss him.

I think it could be setting up an actual appearance by Bono in a future episode.

I remember Africa being a fairly lengthy topic during The Debate in which the Republican Presidential Candidate Vinick took a sort of “let them pick themselves up by the bootstraps” attitude.

I could see Bono coming in at the last minute during the Campaign to assist Santos in expanding and clarifying Santos’ African position and garnering a tremendous amount of publicity (and a boost for the TV show too).

Another opportunity and a great one for Bono to access an audience only this time through a highly acclaimed and respected TV during its final run of episodes.

Last edited:
I agree that it is unlikely though I just found out about this :

Jon Bon Jovi will appear as himself in an episode of NBC’s Emmy Award-winning “The West Wing” (Sundays, 8-9 p.m. ET).

Democratic candidate, Matt Santos’ campaign bus is abuzz when Jon comes aboard to lend his support. The episode, “Welcome to Wherever You Are” takes its name from a song he wrote for Bon Jovi’s current album, “Have a Nice Day.” Jon performs a part of the song during his appearance.

The episode begins filming today on the Warner Bros. lot and will air on March 26th.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&star...cle.php?country_id=225&news_id=101051&e=10401

Back
Top Bottom