Bono Jagger? is that a tongue or is it a heart or an ellipse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i expected more (or some?!) interaction with the crowd they put in the mouth to be 'closer'...after all the hype about people of whatever age getting 'chosen' to dance with mick, I guess I sort of expected someone to dance with mick, lol!
did i miss it when I went to nuke some nachos?
(mick made me hungry just to look at him, he's so skinny...)
cheers...

joyfulgirl said:
I can't believe people are actually upset about this.

take a moment to remember where you are. people on this site get outraged over bono's hair.

Mark Fisher
The Mark Fisher Studio
www.stufish.com

ARCHITECTS AND
PRODUCTION DESIGNERS
FOR ENTERTAINMENT

Stage designs include -

1980 - Pink Floyd - The Wall
1989 - The Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels
1989 - Tina Turner - Foreign Affair
1990 - Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
1992 - U2 - ZooTV
1994 - The Rolling Stones - Voodoo Lounge
1994 - Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
1996 - Tina Turner - Golden Eye
1997 - U2 - Popmart
1997 - The Rolling Stones - Bridges to Babylon
1998 - The Rolling Stones - No Security
1999 - Janet Jackson - Velvet Rope
2000 - MTV Movie Awards
2000 - Tina Turner - Twenty Four Seven
2000 - AC/DC - Stiff Upper Lip Tour
2001 - The Super Bowl f/ N'Sync, Aerosmith, Britney Spears, etc.
2001 - MTV Movie Awards
2001 - Janet Jackson - All For You
2001 - U2 - Elevation
2002 - MTV Movie Awards
2002 - The Super Bowl f/ U2
2002 - The Rolling Stones - Licks
2003 - MTV Movie Awards
2003 - 46664 AIDS Benefit Concert
2003 - MTV EMA's
2004 - MTV Movie Awards
2004 - MTV EMA's
2004 - The Super Bowl f/ Janet Jackson's boobie
2005 - MTV EMA's
2005 - MTV Movie Awards
2005 - The Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang
2005 - U2 - Vertigo (indoor and outdoor)
2006 - The Super Bowl f/ The Rolling Stones

among others... if you look at pictures of each of these tours, you can see, chronologicaly, his designs from one show to another share a lot of the same elements.

Mark Fisher = God

Who gives a fuck if the stage employed the same idea as U2's heart or ellipse? It looks cool. Were all you people up in arms when other bands started using, gasp, B-stages? Quite frankly, I'd be more concerned about the fact that U2 are copying themselves these days.

If you invented everything in the whole damn world, you'd start repeating yourself a little too.

The Rolling Stones used a near-ellipse on the arena shows of their 1981 US tour. They can be seen in the concert film and some music videos of that tour.

Zoomerang96 said:
you people are so SO sad.

every little thing anyone does automatically is copying u2.

noone other than u2 is capable of carrying through on an original idea.

the very fact they played on a stage proves they're copying u2. remember in 2001? u2 had a HUGE stage!!!

i could vomit blood reading some of your posts.

i got this far into the thread and i just gotta say, well done caisy.

fuckin' a.

:happy:

:drool:

am i the only one who thinks it's weird that you didn't use a 7 where you were SUPPOSED to?

Just for the freaking record, not one of us was complaining or whining or anything of the sort, just comparing and observing.

It makes sense that a god of stage design works for the likes of U2, the Stones, Pink Floyd.

In popular culture, everyting copies everything else into infinity. Originality is a consumerist myth used to sell things. All art is plagiarism.

But vomit blood? Yowza--for a moment I thought I was on a GG Allen bulletin board.... when you're done puking all over other people's posts, perhaps we can drink it in your honor.

To puke! To plagiarism! To Life!

Anu

I'm sorry, but that was an unbelievably terrible performance. The Rolling Stones have done nothing but embarass themselves for the past ten years or so. The Superbowl performance was like the final nail in the coffin. Off key, sounded like shit, uninspired performance...this band just has absolutely no idea when to quit (the real answer is "a hell of a long time ago").

If you still like The Stones, God Bless You, I mean somebody has to buy their $450 concert tickets. How anyone can take them seriously anymore is a mystery that shall never be solved.

I believe in personal taste and all, but I also believe that opinions can still be "wrong". If you honestly think the Superbowl performance "rocked", you must have been drunk, high, deaf, or maybe you just can't escape the nostalgia of it all.

Anu said:
Just for the freaking record, not one of us was complaining or whining or anything of the sort, just comparing and observing.

It makes sense that a god of stage design works for the likes of U2, the Stones, Pink Floyd.

In popular culture, everyting copies everything else into infinity. Originality is a consumerist myth used to sell things. All art is plagiarism.

But vomit blood? Yowza--for a moment I thought I was on a GG Allen bulletin board.... when you're done puking all over other people's posts, perhaps we can drink it in your honor.

To puke! To plagiarism! To Life!

Anu

gg allin

Rolling Stones doesn't need to copy U2, obviously, but the stage design is unfortunately the same......................it's too manifest..................anyway, it's Rolling Stones, they're friends of U2.....................................it is acceptable that they get "inspired" by U2..............................:wink:

babyman said:
Rolling Stones doesn't need to copy U2, obviously, but the stage design is unfortunately the same......................it's too manifest..................anyway, it's Rolling Stones, they're friends of U2.....................................it is acceptable that they get "inspired" by U2..............................:wink:

think you got enough ...'s there, buddy?

babyman said:
Looks like you didn't catch my sarcasm................................:shrug:

i would have had to actually have read your post in order to do that. unfortunatly, my eyes bugged out of my skull before i could.

I love the Rolling Stones but I admit the Super Bowl performance was not good. Who cares about the stage. It doesn't matter that it looked like an elipse. Does U2 own the patent to that? It's a cool stage set up so get over it people. Other bands will start to use it. It just means U2 will come up with somthing cooler next time. Oh and for thsoe who say the Stones should've quit along time ago I ask you this: Should Paul McCartney hang'em up as well or is o.k. for him to continue? Bigger Bang is a great album and a Stones concert would be a great concert(if you could afford it). If I'm being honest after watching U2's performance at the Grammy's we could also say they are washed up and bad. Their perfomance wasn't good either. Some nights it's just not there. The Stones had a bad night so what.

Ha! I just noticed I had already posted in this thread. Poor memory I guess.:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom