bono-j.lo duet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babyman

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
last summer voices of a bono jennifer lopez duet were circulating, but i didn't hear anything.....i hope it was a false assertion, otherwise i would throw away all my U2 records in the garbage!!!!!

We had this out big time last summer, and the threads got very nasty. It didn't happen. Be happy, and forget it! :wave:

U2Kitten said:
We had this out big time last summer, and the threads got very nasty. It didn't happen. Be happy, and forget it! :wave:

YIPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES YES YES YES YES!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

well, all I remember is that somehow these rumours seemed to be a legit reason for everyone who didn't like ATYCLB to bash U2

and that I personally don't care who Bono does or doesn't do a duet with as long as I'm not forced to listen to it
:shrug:

If I remember right, it was (supposed?) to be a charity thing; in which case I don't care if Bono records with little babies babbling in the background.

U2girl said:
If I remember right, it was (supposed?) to be a charity thing; in which case I don't care if Bono records with little babies babbling in the background.

yes, ok, the object would have been honourable, but bono does already so much for the world...a duet with jennifer lopez would have been down the human acceptable ability! :)

jlo talked about this in an interview, so the song has been recorded but no date for release is set yet maby after u2s new album? if some one can find that artical.

if he can sing with beyonce then this is no surprise to me.hey its his life!

What I've heard was that there was a duet end than later on I read somewhere that Bono wanted to sing African Prayer with J-LO at the superbowl but was denied because NFL didn't want to just be serving 1 particular good cause. (They did serve J.Jackson well though!!!)
My guess is that it is that song (Afr.Pr.) they recorded together. I know Bono sang it in Africa with Beyonce but maybe miss Lo wasn't free at that time?

[q]BONO AND J.LO DUET NIXED BY THE NFL

Plans for rocker BONO and Latina stunner JENNIFER LOPEZ to perform a duet about the AIDS crisis during the SUPERBOWL next month (FEB04) have been halted by the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE (NFL).

The U2 star had hoped that he and J.LO would be able to draw attention to the current crisis in Africa with the heartfelt track AN AMERICAN PRAYER, as part of the half-time entertainment at the Houston, Texas event on 1 February 2004.

But Bono's requests have been denied by an unrepentant NFL, who argue that the show - which is produced by MTV - is not a forum to "flog" worthy causes.

Spokesman BRIAN McCARTHY explains, "We simply decided that we were going to have our halftime show, and we were going to deliver, as we do annually, an extremely entertaining halftime show. We don't believe it's appropriate to focus on a single issue."

The song was originally recorded by Bono and Lopez last year (03) as part of the Irish rocker's ongoing campaign to raise awareness for the plight of AIDS victims in the poverty-stricken continent. [/q]

so they elect to run a naked boob and ruin all of the media in US

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
american prayer... not african prayer... was recorded with beyonce. if you payed attention to your oprah trivia, you'd know this. i think the j-lo thing was just a bad rumor started by elvis to keep us all in check :wink:.

I know he sang 'american' Prayer (the man himself said it could also be an african or an irish prayer) with Beyonce at the 46664 event but i don't know of the recording,it could have been a re-recording after doing it first with J Lo. BTW i have nothing to do with Oprah,me from Europe you know :wink: Some call it 'Old Europe' but hey i'm not complaining!

Justified said:
[q]BONO AND J.LO DUET NIXED BY THE NFL

The song was originally recorded by Bono and Lopez last year (03) as part of the Irish rocker's ongoing campaign to raise awareness for the plight of AIDS victims in the poverty-stricken continent. [/q]

so they elect to run a naked boob and ruin all of the media in US

Here you go. I didn't even see this at first. Just states my point.
Thanks Justified:up:

Back
Top Bottom