Bono at Yankee game tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
timothius said:
You Brits LJT. :wink:

callin me a Brit is going beyond the pale my friend way beyond it:grumpy:

Anyway aren't New Zealanders second rate Aussies:p

timothius said:
So Rugby League is worse than Australia?
Golf ranks so low despite us being the best in the world at it?

I'm sorry my ranknig skills are totally superior to yours. I guess you could say, I outrank you. :wink:

:wink:

Yes. Rugby league is rugby for pansies, and American football is league for pansies.

Despite the fact we conquered the world at golf, it remains as boring as watching grass grow.

VertigoGal said:
:tsk:

you know, I feel bad for you guys, I really do. I'll pray for you.

I do agree that baseball is reeeeeally boring, but American Football, or as we call it in America, Football, as well as basketball are great sports. I suppose the Brits and all their silly little "commonwealth" friends don't have much of an empire left, so they have to hold on to their imagined superiority in the sports world. Such a sad story.

Oh if this turns into one of those threads...:drool:

The fact that Americans actually like their sports says a lot about their taste - or total lack thereof.

LJT said:

callin me a Brit is going beyond the pale my friend way beyond it:grumpy:

Anyway aren't New Zealanders second rate Aussies:p

:scream:

The worst name I've ever been called is Australian, so second rate Australian is a backhanded compliment really.

If NI isn't its own country then what do I call you? :shrug: :wink:

VertigoGal said:
:tsk:

you know, I feel bad for you guys, I really do. I'll pray for you.

I do agree that baseball is reeeeeally boring, but American Football, or as we call it in America, Football, as well as basketball are great sports. I suppose the Brits and all their silly little "commonwealth" friends don't have much of an empire left, so they have to hold on to their imagined superiority in the sports world. Such a sad story.

Oh if this turns into one of those threads...:drool:

*is American* *enjoys gridiron* *still thinks the commonwealth wins at sports...and is real and doesn't require quotation marks*

timothius said:

:scream:

The worst name I've ever been called is Australian, so second rate Australian is a backhanded compliment really.

If NI isn't its own country then what do I call you? :shrug: :wink:

I am just Irish hehe...i am pretty nationalistic so i want a united Ireland blah blah blah Brits out kinda thing, not that i have much against them personally:D

you laugh now timothius, but what you don't know is that in 48 hours we're invading n. ireland and claiming it as the 52nd state! (see puerto rico will be number 51, but we need an even number to make the flag all nice and pretty).

axver, the fact that you still play rugby says a lot about your level of "civilization" ....or lack thereof.

Axver said:

Yes. Rugby league is rugby for pansies, and American football is league for pansies.

Despite the fact we conquered the world at golf, it remains as boring as watching grass grow.

Sometimes I forget that my Auckland heritage gives me the right to veto anything you say. :shrug:

:VETO:

LJT said:

I am just Irish hehe...i am pretty nationalistic so i want a united Ireland blah blah blah Brits out kinda thing, not that i have much against them personally:D

United Ireland... there is one sport that latched onto that concept long before anyone... :drool:

VertigoGal said:
you laugh now timothius, but what you don't know is that in 48 hours we're invading n. ireland and claiming it as the 52nd state! (see puerto rico will be number 51, but we need an even number to make the flag all nice and pretty).

:yikes:

I am going to have bad dreams now:sad:

VertigoGal said:
axver, the fact that you still play rugby says a lot about your level of "civilization" ....or lack thereof.

That's civilisation. Learn to spell.

While you're at it, learn what civilisation IS. It certainly isn't a bunch of pansies wearing motorbike helmets and twenty pillows stopping every five seconds for a breather. Real men playing eighty minutes of flowing rugby football is what civilised countries play for sport. I'm sorry that America isn't civilised enough to join us and play civilised Commonwealth sports.

VertigoGal said:

But what about Australia!!!! :scream:

As part of their FTA I believe they lobbied to be known as the 51st State! :mad:

timothius said:

United Ireland... there is one sport that latched onto that concept long before anyone... :drool:

if your thinking of rugby...hurley and gaelic have always been full ireland sports:p

purplicious said:

*is American* *enjoys gridiron* *still thinks the commonwealth wins at sports...and is real and doesn't require quotation marks*

I'm not sure whether to :) or :( !

VertigoGal said:
aww LJT, I didn't mean to frighten you. if it makes you feel better, we can invade the whole island of ireland and make it its own state. hows that? all better? :hug:

:hug:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Free Ireland...now and always forvever..*charges off into the night*

:hug:

Now timothius, wait your turn. One invasion at a time. Oh wait..... :lol:

Axver, unlike your country who can't quite let go of the "queen" we take great pride in spelling words such as organize, realize, and civilize in such a manner.

timothius said:

In international competition though?

And not that International Rules comedy festival. :wink:

I don't really follow International Rules:shrug:

But outside of Ireland no one plays the Irish national sports much...it doesn't really matter the international comp aspect of it...it has always been full ireland....

Anyway Hurley and Gaelic players are all amateurs they all have day jobs, but many of them are fitter than actual soccer players...they compared a bunch of Gaelic footballers with some soccer players and the Gaelic players came out top in all the tests:wink:

VertigoGal said:
Now timothius, wait your turn. One invasion at a time. Oh wait..... :lol:

Axver, unlike your country who can't quite let go of the "queen" we take great pride in spelling words such as organize, realize, and civilize in such a manner.

What the hell is your problem?

VertigoGal said:
axver, I was kidding, I swear! I'm sorry if I took it too far, I didn't mean to offend.:(

I certainly got no such vibe. Putting the Queen and Commonwealth in quotation marks? It's not as if Elizabeth is pretending to be royalty with a pretend union of independent nations! And considering the fact American spelling is a deviation from the worldwide English standard, I didn't quite see what pride there was to take in something that doesn't adhere to standard rules. Yes, I am a spelling dork. Not a monarchist though; I have argued passionately that we should be a republic.

Back
Top Bottom