Bono and The Edge on The Man In Black.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ME3

Refugee
Just recently picked up The Essential Johnny Cash cd. Inside there are quotes from various artists written to Mr. Cash.

Bono:

Locusts and honey...not since John The Baptist has there been a voice like that crying in the wilderness. The most male voice in Christendom. Every man knows he is a sissy compared to Johnny Cash. What most do not know that this most mighty of men was once nearly slain by an emu. Fact. I know this because Johnny told me on a tour of his private zoo next to his property in Nashville. He wasn't joking, and neither am I when I tell you that I felt a lot better about myself as a man on hearing this. Pass it on...

The Edge:

I'm proud to say that I worked with Johnny Cash, and when he came through the studio for the first time it was like Moses himself had arrived. He is a character of truly biblical proportions, with a voice, all wailing freight trains and thundering prairies, like the landscape of his beloved America. Before I got to see it with my own eyes, I had a picture of it through Johnny Cash's singing. He has a soul as big as a continent, full of righteous anger mixed with human compassion. A true individual in a land founded on individuality. There will never be another like him, and he could have come from nowhere else.

------------------
Me3

Thanks for posting that.. never read those before.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:

by the way - how is that cd? i was thinking of picking it up.

it's actually a double cd and i recommend it highly.

------------------
Me3

an Emu
eek.gif

I have the albums Folsom Prison and San Quentin and Cash truly is something special

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom