Bono and Cliques. Your thoughts.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono likes cliques..yes or no? Discuss.

• Yes

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 24 85.7%

• Total voters
To discuss the actual question at hand, no I don't think Bono would like cliques because cliques are associated with high school for goodness sake.

Lypton Village and U2 were/are a way of life, a bond, not a clique.

So not subtle diamoninthebuff, are ya? :tongue:

Nah.

Cliques are a bunch of snobby people to begin with bah.

"Each town has its cliques those who don't get along and then there's towns I know where certain kids just don't belong"-DropkickMurphys

Cliques=people who hate other people:tsk:

Im thinking only cliquish folk are having trouble w this thread.
:slant:
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.
db9:ohmy: :sexywink: :cool:

diamond said:
Im thinking only cliquish folk are having trouble w this thread.
:slant:
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.
db9:ohmy: :sexywink: :cool:

I didn't realize "cliquish folk" had replied to this thread. :scratch:

Diamond, I actually read an article on this last year. Bono said he does NOT like people who team up on other people and pick on them and he had paid to have them beaten up!

Bono and his friends the Lypton Village were against the gangs/cliques of the 'skinheads and bootboys' who did not accept them. I have read this and seen it on a documentary. They were not a stuck up group, they were the opposite! They were their own group because some of the others didn't accept them. Bono and his friends were individualists, and they were all unique, even down to some of them in drag. Remember the Village HATED snobs who looked down their noses at others, and they used to drive into the snooty neighborhoods and call them 'pigs' and moon them! Yes, Bono mooned them!

Oh, and what Miss Mac said! :up:

Last edited:
GypsyHeartgirl said:
Diamond, I actually read an article on this last year. Bono said he does NOT like people who team up on other people and pick on them and he had paid to have them beaten up!

Bono and his friends the Lypton Village were against the gangs/cliques of the 'skinheads and bootboys' who did not accept them. I have read this and seen it on a documentary. They were not a stuck up group, they were the opposite! They were their own group because some of the others didn't accept them. Bono and his friends were individualists, and they were all unique, even down to some of them in drag. Remember the Village HATED snobs who looked down their noses at others, and they used to drive into the snooty neighborhoods and call them 'pigs' and moon them! Yes, Bono mooned them!

Oh, and what Miss Mac said! :up:

GypsyHeart
Wonderful post.
Perfect post.
On the money post:)

db9

:dance: :dance: :cool:

diamond said:

GypsyHeart
Wonderful post.
Perfect post.
On the money post

db9

Edit: removal of Diamond's 5000 smileys....

All of GypsyHeart's posts are wonderful. Oh wait, that sounds a bit snobbish, which is elitist, which is cliquish. Great, now I'm in a clique. Thanks a lot Diamond.

:sexywink:

Actually, while I have often been accused of being elitist in this forum (I've never had anyone call me that in real life), I use the term "preferential." I don't mean "preferential treatment" but rather in who I view as friends. And to that extent, I'm sure we all are that way - even Bono. :)

Last edited:
Dr Who-
Having gained your accquaitance in real life I can attest to your character that as you are not a snob ,uppity,or a chump.:cool:
Your sexiness will always be questionable in my book however sorry-:sexywink:

You are a thinker and are a threat to the more simpleminded folk in my estimation:idea:
You are educated and usually state your reasons based on your research or observation..not we agree on everything..but NOBODY bats 1000.

This fellow Bono I think is a free spirit who hates to be labeled this or that.:idea:
This same fella Bono who-
-Streaked Naked in High School
-Threw dog sh#t at teachers in school
-Played Soccer and Football growing up..
-His band U2 even have a hard time containing him

simply hates-
- the Status Quo:down:
-Smug ppl
-Snooty ppl
-ppl in certain circles who think they are superior.:down:

Simple as that.
Peace
Out
DB9
:idea:::): :dance: :cool:

I would haev put Larry as one who hated all that shit more than Bono.
I personally dont give a toss really what their thoughts are on humans and their nature. Bono Edge Adam and Larry are just 4 regular people who became very famous. It makes me laugh that people care so much about them for having otherwise quite normal and down to earth views on people in general. Yet they are considered radical new age men for not believing in bullshit cliques. Not many people care for them. The band is no different.
Do I sound up myself here? Well forgive me. Bono has a good grasp on being a good bloke. Whoopeee. Makes him just like all of us. Lets honour him for probably liking chese jaffles. Thats pretty 'regular guy' too!
Ok, I'll stop with the bullshit now Diamond, I know what you meant with this thread, I just cant bring myself to care though. I should probably have just stayed out of this thread, but I want to ask you something.
I am probably nicer to people I call my friends. Not that I am purposely mean to those that aren't, its just I gravitate toward those I know. I seek out people I know, and talk more to them. I am friends here with far less people than I am not. That is because I dont know everyone here as well. Am I cliquey? Would Bono hate that? I dont see myself as above anyone here but I still dont talk to absolutely everyone. Is that rude? I am not going into PLEBA anytime soon to moon them because I dont know them as a circle of friends. Those girls I am sure are all very nice. I dont expect them to treat me the same as they do their friends because they dont know me. Are they cliquey? I dont think so.

Why am I writing an essay on this? I dont know.
I do actually, I am putting off doing something that I am not inclined to do lol.

Why is it so bad to stick to what and who you know? Not everyone is like you where they can just march up to any old person and start a conversation like they have known them for years!

I dont see cliques per se as all that bad, as long as there is no looking down on others I guess. But you dont need to be in a group of people to be able to do that always eh?

Angela-
Cliques usually look down on ppl.
My point is Bono doesnt:)

Youre right it does make them "look radical" for being so normal yet so famous:) This why I believe 'cliquish famous' ppl take issue w them saying Bono and U2's geniuness is simply "staged- a ploy".

By being Anti-Clique and real Bono has amassed millions of fans..
that have a similar mindset. Like-minded ppl:)
This is why Iam a fan of his and I think you also:)
The minute Bono decides to become a sell out and a chump many of his fans would leave. I do not see this happening.

Gravitating to likeminded ppl is quite normal.
Being mean to ppl is uncool.:down:
Mean people SUCK.

Bono would be happy that you are nice to all your fellow men.:up:
As we all should be:)

Keep up the good work here on Interference.

Diamond:dance: :cool:

Last edited:
z edge said:

Oh chill out Basscrap, your "Rum-dum-dum-dum-dum-dum-dum-dum" was no intellectual pilgrimage either:sexywink:

__

:reject:

:dance:

Thats why I started the random thread
somewhere just to go and be random

It's slightly different when someone posts pointless new threads all the time
and I would argue 95% of what's in there is more purposeful than this

of course, this is just my opinion

Z-Edge rulz

Basstrap said: