Bonnaroo 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Holy crap on a stick, my friend Kate just invited me to come with her, her boyfriend, and a couple other friends to Bonnaroo this summer.

Well, the first thing she said was "Hey, guess what I'm doing? I'm going to Bonnaroo, wooo." To which I promptly replied "You bitch." She told me about her friends who went last year and got to see the legendary Radiohead performance among other things and I told her of my sheer jealousy of them. So she goes "Do you want to come?" To which I reply "Does a bear shit in the woods?" Well, I said something completely different, but you get the idea.

So here I am working out the logistics of it all. It will be in June so I'll be back home. I'll have to fly form Philly to North Carolina to meet her there for the road trip to Tennesse. So round trip airfare will cost around $150, and the pass is about $260, plus spending money, puts the whole trip at about $500. So, fucking awesome. I could be going to Bonnaroo '07.

I can only hope the lineup is as awesome as '06's was. Hopefully Radiohead will attend again, they'll probalby be getting ready for their own tour again so there's a good chance. So other than that there's only the issue of me being totally in love with Kate, and going on a fucking week long road trip with her and her boyfriend. I wonder if I can not muck up this whole deal before this summer. Bonnaroo is pretty damn good incentive to keep my mouth shut for a while longer. :hmm:

i would love to do bonnaroo someday... hubby did it a couple of years ago with a friend of his...

We so are still kicking ourselves for not going this past summer to see Radiohead :banghead:...we are HUGE HUGE FANS! I have the boot for that show and its awesome..I am always playing it on my ipod..
I highly doubt that RH will do Bonnaroo twice but they hopefully will be starting their tour about then with the new album... *keeps fingers crossed*

i hope the lineup this summer will be comparable to the last one.. guess we gotta wait and see...:wink:

Yeah, you're probably right about Radiohead ;), but a boy can dream. I'm totally seeing them when the tour though regardless.

I was looking at the rumored acts on wikipedia, and the ones I'm extremely excited about are Pearl Jam, Sufjan Stevens, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Wilco, and a few other good looking acts. Hopefully The Arcade Fire will sign on. Oh man, that would be sick.

I just moved to Tennessee, so I'm going to try and go next summer too. :drool:

The producers of the festival have apparently bought a large portion of the Farm on which the festival is held, thus securing the 'roo for the future.

Below is a widely circulating and leaked list of performers. The official announcement comes 2-14:

Sources close to the Manchester Times have recieved confirmation that The Police, Bob Dylan, and Pearl Jam have been confirmed to headline the 2007 Bonnaroo Music Festival. The lineup also includes Tom Waits, Willie Nelson, Umphrey's McGee, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, The Black Crowes, Ryan Adams, My Morning Jacket, Arcade Fire, Keller Williams Band, Hot Chip, America, TV on the Radio, Fountains of Wayne, Modest Mouse, Les Claypool, The Shins, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Toots and the Maytals, The Roots, The Decemberists, Of Montreal, Cat Power, Ozomatli, Perpetual Groove, Band of Horses, John Butler Trio, Nickel Creek, Medeski Martin and Wood, Lily Allen, Neko Case, Keiren Hedben (Four Tet) & Steve Reid, The Hold Steady, Earl Scuggs, Charlie Louvin, Man Man, Grizzly Bear, Konono #1, The Slip, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Uncle Earl, Annuals, Beirut, M. Ward, Cold War Kids, and Girl Talk.

xaviMF22 said:
yea unfortunately I don't think Radiohead will do Bonnaroo this year:(

Yeah, doesn't look like it.

But Bob Dylan, The Police and Pearl Jam are all just fine in my book. :drool:

have you guys seen the new atease, btw?

they had a really annoying virus that infected your machine every time you browsed it, now they're up and running with a completely new look. and its beautiful.

U2Man said:
have you guys seen the new atease, btw?

they had a really annoying virus that infected your machine every time you browsed it, now they're up and running with a completely new look. and its beautiful.

:lol: its not a new look..

the board isn't at 100%...the layout that you speak of is more like AtEase running in "safe mode" :lol:

Yeah I saw that lineup on atease a few days ago. That lineup is disgustingly good. So much better than Coachella.

This is the year I actually go to Bonnaroo. I'm ridiculously excited.

Yeah. I have to go to bonnaroo. That list IS sickening...it's almost too good to be true. Hot damn.

Anu said:
The Police
Bob Dylan
Pearl Jam
Tom Waits
Willie Nelson
The Black Crowes
Ryan Adams
My Morning Jacket
Arcade Fire
TV on the Radio
The Shins
The Decemberists
Lily Allen
The Hold Steady

:combust:

[Q]The Police
Bob Dylan
Pearl Jam
Tom Waits
Willie Nelson
The Black Crowes
Ryan Adams
Arcade Fire
America
TV on the Radio
Modest Mouse
The Shins
The Decemberists
Of Montreal
Cat Power
Lily Allen
Grizzly Bear[/Q]

Umm. May I change my pants now? :drool:

Tool, the White Stripes and Widespread Panic will join the reunited Police at the 2007 Bonnaroo festival, to be held June 14-17 in Manchester, Tenn. An official announcement isn't expected until tomorrow (Feb. 14), but the full list of performers was briefly posted earlier today on the event's Web site and captured by eagle-eyed fans on the Inforoo message board before being removed.

Other acts on the bill for the event include Wilco, the Flaming Lips, Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals, Manu Chao, String Cheese Incident, Franz Ferdinand, Ween, the Roots, Kings Of Leon, the Black Keys, Wolfmother, Bob Weir & Ratdog, Gov't Mule and Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers. Tickets go on sale Friday at noon ET via Bonnaroo.com.

Continuing with recent Bonnaroo lineup trends, indie rock has a strong presence again in the form of the Decemberists, Spoon, the Hold Steady, Feist, Tortoise, Cold War Kids, the National, Annuals and Apollo Sunshine. Several notable dance and electronic acts have signed on as well, including DJ Shadow, Sasha & Digweed, Hot Chip and Girl Talk.

The lineup is rounded out by Damien Rice, Dierks Bentley, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Regina Spektor, Gillian Welch and David Rawlings, Keller Williams, Fountains Of Wayne, Hot Tuna, STS9, Galactic, North Mississippi Allstars, Ralph Stanley, Richard Thompson, Mavis Staples, T-Bone Burnett, Brazilian Girls, the Slip, the Nightwatchman and Rodrigo y Gabriela.

Speclation about this year's talent roster has been unusually intense. Last month, the Manchester Times ran a lineup attributed to unnamed sources wrongly claiming acts like Pearl Jam, Bob Dylan, My Morning Jacket, Ryan Adams and Tom Waits would be on hand.

As previously reported, Bonnaroo producers Superfly Productions and A.C. Entertainment are finalizing the purchase of the bulk of the festival site land near Manchester in Coffee County, Tenn.

"We always felt the land would be a good long term investment for us," Superfly president Jonathan Mayers told Billboard last month. "It's a big investment for us, but we believe in the long term of the festival and other events we can create on the property, and the fact that we're going to be able to put permanent infrastructure there. We're really excited about that."

The Police, Tool, The White Stripes, The Flaming Lips, Wilco, Damien Rice, The Decemberists, Wolfmother, Regina Spektor, The Black Keys, FEIST , and Spoon

That's enough. Don't tell me anymore. I'm going.

This is kinda near me, I would like to go, I've heard so much on radio stations around here about it (Atlanta, Ga) I think they are talking about past Bonnaroos and evey time I go :drool: and really believe they are talking about a Bono festival for a minute. (For PLEBA ) :eek: :reject:

a bono festival would be lame. so lame. the few minutes he talks during u2 concerts is more than enough bono for everyone. a full festival of that, and people would turn to stone.

So is this the real list now?

The TOOL roo-mer has been around since (I believe it was Trey of phish phame in) RS reported that TOOL might headline this year.

Even though I got up early on what is now the proper 14th, there's no list up at the proper website, and there appear to be some key omissions from the original roo-mer list that I will be sad about, even though the additions will more than compensate for that.

Will be online and waiting.

Back
Top Bottom