Bonnaroo 2007 - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2007, 03:07 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anu
Am I the only one who posts on this board actually going to the god of music festivals this week?

So it seems Anu... I wish i could go but family and work prevail this year..

have a blast this weekend and please post about your time there.. And would love to see pics too if you do that..

Old 06-11-2007, 03:24 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

I was psyched for last year's but too many things came up at home, so I planned on it this year, but then the line-up was announced and it just didn't seem worth a trip to Tenn. for. I chose Austin City Limits instead.

As for "god of music festivals", not so much, I think Coachella wins this year having snagged RATM.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:36 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by powerhour24
I was psyched for last year's but too many things came up at home, so I planned on it this year, but then the line-up was announced and it just didn't seem worth a trip to Tenn. for. I chose Austin City Limits instead.

As for "god of music festivals", not so much, I think Coachella wins this year having snagged RATM.

IMO.. I think Coachella is the best US festival out there over the last few years.. Their lineups are pretty amazing. I have been to Coachella twice and was just blown away each time..
Old 06-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #49
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anu
Am I the only one who posts on this board actually going to the god of music festivals this week?
it's a shame, i could easily drive to and from there this weekend and see who i wanna see. but between how i'm sure traffic will be there, and having to pay the price of essentially the whole festival to go for like one day is a bummer. i don't like anyone on the roster enough to pay almost $200 to see them.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:39 AM   #50
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Local Time: 03:15 AM
Okay, I am biased.

According to my computer, Bonnaroo is a mere 39 miles from my house.

Bonnaroo = Coachella: I will grant a tie I suppose!

Don't get me wrong, I want to do Coachella and Austin City Limits before I die; but I doubt these could nurture the inner closet hippie in me like the 'roo.

But even in terms of the line-up, yes Coachella was great, but Rage and Jesus and Mary Chain and Arcade Fire and Klaxons and all that still does not trump, for me:

Police, White Stripes, Tool, Wilco, Flaming Lips, Ben Harper, Manu Chao, and on and on all in one place.

At Bonnaroo, the music starts at noon-ish and goes to 4am on the two peak days.

Finally: It's just enough!

(Usually, a show leaves unsatisfied. Set is too short. Not ready to stop dancing at 11pm. But not Bonnaroo!)
Old 06-12-2007, 04:27 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

actually in reference to Coachella I was thinking of past lineups not necessarily this year..

I don't blame ya having a favoritism towards 'roo. Being able to dance to the wee hours is very cool...

Hubby went to 'roo a few years ago, he's a deadhead with a infinite range in music tastes...from classical to hard head banging stuff to the Dead to Radiohead, Snow Patrol, U2, Coldplay, Silversun Pickups, Kate Bush, Beatles, Who.. the list goes on and on..
Old 06-17-2007, 01:24 PM   #52
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
How's this for a Saturday:
Gogol Bordello
Ben Harper
The Police
The Flaming Lips

http://blogonaroo.blogspot.com
Old 07-24-2007, 02:58 PM   #53
Anu
Editor

I don't know who here actually reads our main page here at Interference, but I finally posted our comprehensive report with some decent pictures as well.