Bong Mine Railway, Liberia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been catching NFL when I can, since I don't care about cricket/tennis/cycling and Adelaide United are currently beyond all previously known levels of awful. Anyway, I like the game a lot, I just don't have a team to support yet, but I guess I'll be rooting for the Saints on the day.

VINYLMAGNET-SEAHAWKS.jpg

i've struggled to find a team to identify with in the nfl too. the closest i can really come to is seattle.

meanwhile, i did not realise just how far back adelaide were in the a-league.

Hey, if we're talking A League, are the Phoenix actually in finals contention or something?

I keep forgetting to pay attention, you see.

VINYLMAGNET-SEAHAWKS.jpg

i've struggled to find a team to identify with in the nfl too. the closest i can really come to is seattle.

meanwhile, i did not realise just how far back adelaide were in the a-league.

I like the look of Seattle too, but right now I'm just enjoying supporting one team of whoever's playing and hopefully rounding it down from there.

You should have seen the Adelaide vs. Perth game! Holy shit, we were up 2-0 and then in the last half there was a complete turnaround and Perth got up 3-2. Total mess. Vidmar is embarrassing.

sixth place (of ten, but with a six team finals format), with a four point lead over the team in seventh.

so yeah, they're not doing bad.

Huh, cool. Hope they can hold on. I should think about following them a bit more seriously but I honestly haven't paid close attention to soccer since about late 2002 or early 2003 ...

I like the look of Seattle too, but right now I'm just enjoying supporting one team of whoever's playing and hopefully rounding it down from there.

You should have seen the Adelaide vs. Perth game! Holy shit, we were up 2-0 and then in the last half there was a complete turnaround and Perth got up 3-2. Total mess. Vidmar is embarrassing.

good move. with seattle it seems like they're into a really big rebuilding phase. i always find those interesting. plus their stadium is awesome. and the city is pretty.

ha, i read about that. but meanwhile, fuck perth. they beat wellington the other night.

was there even football to follow back then?

fun fact: i'm currently wearing a phoenix jersey.

:lol: Back then I was following the European leagues. Never really gave Aussie stuff the time of day - the NSL was garbage as we all know, and by the time the A League came along, my interest in soccer was waning.

Well, I'll see if I get into the World Cup this year. It was good times back in '06.

I still automatically go into EYKIW, FYM and to a lesser extent PLEBA, despite not finding any reason to. Walk in, walk out, really.

Yeah, I still keep on checking FYM, EYKIW, and the tour forum, but god knows why. Oh well, at least it meant I found out about the Joshua Tree of vaginas.

good move. with seattle it seems like they're into a really big rebuilding phase. i always find those interesting. plus their stadium is awesome. and the city is pretty.

ha, i read about that. but meanwhile, fuck perth. they beat wellington the other night.

Seattle's one of the places over there I'd most like to visit, the Pacific NW in general, really. Qwest Field is gorgeous, have you been in there?

I'm too busy hating on the Victory at the moment.

Dick Fingers! :wave:

How's things in Wezza these days?

they are going ok. i got knocked back from mynt last week, because i was dressed "too caj" the bouncer said. the shoes were very worn and i've gotten new ones since, but they'd worked for the past 18 months.

and down your way?

<nobodywillreallycare>

You know your day's been all skewed when you feel your finest accomplishment is an epic Stick Tennis comeback win. 4-6 6-7 6-2 7-5 6-1 against Kuerten. In that fourth set, I was 1-5 down and had match point against me. I then proceeded to drop just one game in winning the match.

</nobodywillreallycare>

Yeah, I still keep on checking FYM, EYKIW, and the tour forum, but god knows why. Oh well, at least it meant I found out about the Joshua Tree of vaginas.

I haven't listened to U2 intentionally for a few months, so yeah, I'm not sure why I'm still checking any part of YBR. Managed to catch the Haiti thing, though, although I was temporarily blinded by Brad Pitt's beard so I wasn't totally sure what was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom