Bon Jovi to open the new Wembley?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
Jon Bon Jovi was on the Frank Skinner show last nite, shamelessly plugging what must be his 5th release of the year, and he mentioned that 1 of their gigs in England next year will be to play the new Wembley - the 1st band to do so.

This is awful if it is true...:down:

they are the first band booked to appear there. - june 11th. tickets went on sale today

the stadium is due to open with the fa cup final on May 27th

robbie williams and the stones are expected to play there in the summer also

p.s bon jovi will also be the first band to play at Coventry City's new stadium - The Ricoh Arena

!!!

I thought the Stones were opening...

Still, great to see Bon Jovi... WEMBLEY is THE stadium... you make it there, you make it anywhere

Weren't they also the last band to play the old Wembley?
Then it's a nice continuance. :)

Still, :up: for them.

I just bought my wife tickets for the Bon Jovi show in Chicago on November 4th. She puts up with my U2 obsession, so I got us tickets to see one of her childhood favorites.

Just an FYI before the ranting begins - I hated typing "puts up with", but that does seem to be her response.

She doesn't get it. As great as she is, I guess no one's perfect, eh? :wink:

Guys...let's take a quiet moment to PRAY that U2 stop off in Britain next summer to show Bon Jovi how Wembley SHOULD be used...! :drool:

Really - this anti Bon Jovi-ism is a bit dumb.

What if Westlife or Mc Fly were announced to be the first gig at Wembley? Now, you could bitch then about the world going to Hades in a handbasket.

At the end of the day, it's up to the UK promoters to try to get a decent band in there. I was thinking Robbie Williams had it in the bag - he has already said he's doing a UK/Europe/Australian stadium tour, thus with him being pretty much the biggest solo star in the UK, he was the obvious bet. Other rumours were the Rolling Stones, Madonna or REM.

Bon Jovi - regardless of how arse-tacular the new album is (and it is pretty ordinary - then again so was This Left Feels Right and Bounce...) they rock when you see them live. I'd find it hard to believe anyone on here would be able to hold back from wailing along to 'Livin' On A Prayer'!!!! :drool:

Bon Jovi live is pretty good!

Lots of well-known tunes to sing along to!

I am actually seriously thinking to buy tickets now that they have added a second date in DC... :hmm:

wouldn't have the fuckers open a tin of beans for me, never mind the new Wembley, still, shows someone down south has a sense of humour!

some of you don't have a fucking clue about music.

bon 7ovi sucks hairy blood shit, and anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.

If you're 14 or younger Bon Jovi is cool. If you're older than 14....you recognize bad music when you hear it.

Bon Jovi ain't so bad. Sure alot of the new stuff sounds all the same but whatever. He'd put on a good show. I must admit I like Bono Jovi Pre 1996. I don't own anything of him since but whatever. I don't care what anybody says Livin' On a Prayer fucking rocks. No word of a lie but out of all the songs and all the genres, when I play Livin' On a Prayer in the bar when I'm djing it's the most kick ass song of the night every single time.

Originally posted by Hallucination Bon Jovi ain't so bad. Sure alot of the new stuff sounds all the same but whatever. He'd put on a good show. I must admit I like Bono Jovi Pre 1996. I don't own anything of him since but whatever. I don't care what anybody says Livin' On a Prayer fucking rocks. No word of a lie but out of all the songs and all the genres, when I play Livin' On a Prayer in the bar when I'm djing it's the most kick ass song of the night every single time.

:lmao: :lmao: I had to quote myself, I just had to.

Back
Top Bottom