Bon Bon Reserve Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom being slightly racist? Or do I need to recalilbrate my sarcasm detector?

I know, I'm ashamed of me, too. It was about Joe being psychotic and jealous of Steve and his blue puppy, which sounds really stupid as I'm typing this out, but at whatever-time-it-was Tuesday night, it was entertainment.

No, maybe me being slightly racist, but the idea of an all-black Steel Magnolias has me ridiculously excited.

And that "Oh shit, son" was more positive. I am intrigued by the notion of Blues Clues fan fic.

Axver said:
Everybody on RYM seems to be losing their mind about the new Swans album but I just can't bring myself to listen to it simply due to its length.

Seriously, one of the quickest ways for me to not give a shit about an album is for it to be long. Over 60 minutes and I'm not keen. Over 80 and I've already moved on.

Missing out, Ax. You'll love it. And I know you have at least one double album at a 4.5.

Well deserving of AOTY even if it isn't quite that high for me.

Missing out, Ax. You'll love it. And I know you have at least one double album at a 4.5.

Well deserving of AOTY even if it isn't quite that high for me.

I'm not sure I will. I've never listened to all of Children of God in one sitting. Just gets too much, too repetitive ... good enough for a track or two, not good enough for me to want to hear the whole thing at once. The prospect of a double album? Including one track that's half an hour long? I'm not sure I have that time to waste. I'm normally only willing to give double albums a go if I really like an artist's existing output ... it's a big time investment and unless I'm already favourably predisposed towards an artist, a double album will probably get boring somewhere along the way.

Is the double album The Incident, or am I forgetting something else in my 4.5s? Because The Incident actually fits on a single disc, it's just SW being pretentious. When he actually did record a double album, it got boring (Grace for Drowning). Speaking of him, he's doing ANOTHER fucking solo album before even thinking of a new PT album. For god's sake. I wondered when the man would finally cease to be a goldmine for me ... I'm not happy that the day has come.

On second thoughts, enough people whose taste I respect seem to think The Seer has the goods, so let's give this a go. I imagine they'll be drawing heavily from it when I see them at ATP in February too.

Trying to figure out what Cobbler found so offensive about the first three minutes of Lunacy. Especially since it's not the droning metal or experimental rock that I expected.

Mother of the World? Yeah, I'm listening to that one now, it's the second track. I can see you hating this one!

Oh my god, so much of the middle of the title track of The Seer is ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS.

I see they play it live too. I hope to god it's an abbreviated version if they do it at ATP ... or else I'll go have a piss break, buy a drink, buy some overpriced food, eat my food and finish my drink, have another piss break, buy another drink, and still have time to burn.

No, maybe me being slightly racist, but the idea of an all-black Steel Magnolias has me ridiculously excited.

And that "Oh shit, son" was more positive. I am intrigued by the notion of Blues Clues fan fic.
Yeah, could be fun.

If you're bored:

Believing In Magic Chapter 1: Joe's Story, a blue's clues fanfic | FanFiction

Steve and Joe never understood each other. And when you're growing up torn between magic and reality, it helps to have a brother you can rely on. But at least Steve always had his puppy... all Joe has is a duck and a grudge.

Is the double album The Incident, or am I forgetting something else in my 4.5s? Because The Incident actually fits on a single disc, it's just SW being pretentious. When he actually did record a double album, it got boring (Grace for Drowning). Speaking of him, he's doing ANOTHER fucking solo album before even thinking of a new PT album. For god's sake. I wondered when the man would finally cease to be a goldmine for me ... I'm not happy that the day has come.

It was Deathconsciousness:

Deathconsciousness by Have a Nice Life : Reviews and Ratings - Rate Your Music

Which I have on my wishlist and intend to hear soon. Sounds cool.

It was Deathconsciousness:

Deathconsciousness by Have a Nice Life : Reviews and Ratings - Rate Your Music

Which I have on my wishlist and intend to hear soon. Sounds cool.

Truth be told I should knock that down to a 4 star, but yeah, it's really good, especially the second disc. Not something I'm frequently in the mood to listen to, but it's got some powerful stuff.

On an unrelated note, I just read that iTunes 11 will apparently include the ability to cue up a track to play immediately after another. About fucking time! Winamp's only had that feature for over a decade. It's the one thing I've always hated about iTunes. You have no idea how many times I've thought "ooh I feel like listening to that as soon as this song's done. I'll just cue it up- oh wait, can't do that!" and then a few minutes have passed and I've forgotten what it was that I was going to listen to. I always enjoyed that aspect of Winamp, being able to just cue up a few tracks that I feel like listening to in that moment without needing to make a playlist or anything. Especially when drunk.

Seriously, one of the quickest ways for me to not give a shit about an album is for it to be long. Over 60 minutes and I'm not keen. Over 80 and I've already moved on.

I was tempted to recommend you to try Mumiy Troll's double album. :wink:

Got a 1.25L bottle of soft drink with my pizza... don't own any drinking glasses yet.

:der:

(Fortunately I have lots of coffee mugs, even though I don't drink coffee.)

It's also a film that is so cheap and dumb it makes an average Mark Dacascos movie look like The Godfather in comparison. Can you imagine if people have been killed and harrassed because of an Ed Wood movie? This is something similar. Gotta love religion.

Bonnie, today we realised we forgot to have the "honour" of trying a pie floater whilst in Adelaide.

It's also a film that is so cheap and dumb it makes an average Mark Dacascos movie look like The Godfather in comparison. Can you imagine if people have been killed and harrassed because of an Ed Wood movie? This is something similar. Gotta love religion.

Lovorko!

It just amazes me that some people evidently have such a fragile religion/need for validation that an absolute hackjob of a film that practically nobody has ever seen is enough to incite them to violence.

Charlotte is absolutely horrified and repulsed by the idea. I'm morbidly curious, even if I'm not a big fan of peas. I just view it as a gigantic food experiment.

I miss frog cakes!

Yeah, my mum really likes them (though she hasn't had one in ages) and dad thinks they're utterly disgusting. I don't think too many people of our generation eat them. They don't seem to be as big a thing as they used to. Speaking of which, do you have ABs in Victoria? They're more popular than pie floaters here but serve roughly the same function. Basically it's a massive plate of yiros meat over chips and covered with every single sauce available. No sober person has ever eaten it. Probably nobody has even finished one.

Wikipedia informs me that pie floaters were invented during the Great Depression ... I can understand why! And that it's officially recognised as an icon of South Australia. :lol:

Oh my god, no, I don't think I've seen ABs here - but it sounds familiar, so maybe I have seen it, or you told us about it while we were drunk. It sounds so utterly horrendous that I suddenly have this urge to down a few pints and get one.

(Initially I read your post as "do you have All Blacks in Victoria?")

brb, planning next drunken trip to Adelaide for purposes of inebriated eatings.

I think I told you a lot of things when I was drunk. Sorry about all of that, btw.

I wasn't sure how you'd read it... it's said to be short for "Abortion", brilliantly, but it could just as well be related to your thoughts of an album some dodgy rich band released in 1991.

Come! There is still much I haven't shown you.

Yeah, my mum really likes them (though she hasn't had one in ages) and dad thinks they're utterly disgusting. I don't think too many people of our generation eat them. They don't seem to be as big a thing as they used to. Speaking of which, do you have ABs in Victoria? They're more popular than pie floaters here but serve roughly the same function. Basically it's a massive plate of yiros meat over chips and covered with every single sauce available. No sober person has ever eaten it. Probably nobody has even finished one.

WOW

I imagine it looks much the same when it comes back up again three hours later.

Oh yeah, that "abortion" name is also a familiar detail - I'm guessing it was a topic of conversation at some point! I think my memory of that day goes roughly like this:

Homers Night Out - YouTube

Except instead of cavorting in a field, the end scene is posing with models of spaceships and yelling at/with the computer.

We're so keen to come back soon. We could actually probably fly in early one morning and out late the next evening for less than it would cost us to go to somewhere much closer to home like Bendigo. :laugh:

Hahaha, yeah it was pretty much exactly like that. I'm pretty sure the guy who worked in that wine bar on Gouger Street even resembled Homer's memory of what Moe looks like.

Also, we painted the town so red that Adelaide kids were forced to be on curfew for the following week, saved only through the magic of song around an expensive animated billboard that the cops had put up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom