Bon Bon Reserve Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for replying, Reggo. Sounds like you've been to some killer places far beyond my dreams. I give heaps of love and thoughts to you right now, too - I am so sorry.

Purchased. I'll be away on a camp but hopefully I can get to the Taphouse for a few brews and a parma!

What kind of beers do they utilise with the parmy? Can't remember, but I know it's gonna be a good deal as long as you get those chips.

Half tempted by the SFK show. Also half tempted to go to Parklife upon remembering Pashy Pitt will be there - maybe wait and see what happens. Wish they weren't playing bloody festivals. I don't mind Tame Impala, Hermitude and the Presets but they're not half on my radar as much as the Pittsies.

I've got to admit I've never listened to SFK because that's such a shit band name.

I thought that pre-2007 too, just for the record.

On a completely unrelated note, fuck me I can't stop listening to Voltaire Twins lately. All because of some random FasterLouder article too! The town I'm in right now for this conference is so tiny, I managed to walk right across it before I even got through the eight Voltaire Twins songs on my iPod. The old town section is kind of haunting though ... it was moved when part of the town was inundated for a hydroelectric dam. Especially haunting as there's a legit abandoned house overlooking it.

Sorry, I'm tipsy and rambly after the conference dinner that had FREE CENTRAL OTAGO WINE OH YEAH.

I had it in my head that I really didn't like Something For Kate, but then I realised I was actually thinking of Three Days Grace. Not sure how that happened. I don't think I've heard a note of SFK's music!

I'm glad this new Stars album is good. Dinosaur Jr's new one better not disappoint!

The Sad Punk said:
What kind of beers do they utilise with the parmy? Can't remember, but I know it's gonna be a good deal as long as you get those chips.

No idea. I'm not one for knowing the combinations.

Axver said:
I've got to admit I've never listened to SFK because that's such a shit band name.

I thought that pre-2007 too, just for the record.

Give em a go. Heard good things about the live show. Will add to your gig tally.

Faster Louder is the best.

Seekae Friday night :up:

Belatedly - :up:

Are you going with friends? Dunno if I'm going to want to chill up the back or go a bit bananas up the front yet.

Goblin Valley, yeah. And yes, you'd have to come out to dinosaur national park, of course!

Yes. Yes I would.

Also Ax/Charlotte/Ali/Danny have any of you got tickets to that Alpine show on the Sunday? I can't make the Saturday one but would be keen for Sunday.

I've only got a ticket to the Saturday show... although I have another thing that's come up that I'm thinking of doing instead (farewell dinner for a Kiwi friend who's moving back home). Decisions!

Thanks Danny & Bonnie. I don't think I'd recognize my life without drama in it, but sometimes I wish it wasn't so much.

Yo, Ax. Allo Darlin' tickets are up for sale. You guys till thinking of going?

Yeah, I definitely am. Not sure Charlotte's heard much of their stuff yet!

I gotta listen to the new Stars sometime. And the new Ariel Pink.

... damnit, I had a reply for this and it just escaped my head. I think it was something along the lines of not being able to wait for the inevitable moronic comments of "who cares about Stars? It's not In Our Bedroom After the War!" A comment I find especially baffling given that the only song from In Our Bedroom that I return to regularly is The Night Starts Here. Rest of it pales compared to The Five Ghosts, and I just can't get into their earlier stuff. Too much of a chamber pop influence.

who the hell is imogen bailey, besides having an awesome name?

Some choice SFK tunes for Ax and Charlotte, Ali and Danny if they'd be tempted to come as well. I just bought a ticket for the Sunday show. They're actually a little heavier than you'd expect.

Something For Kate - Anarchitect - YouTube

Something For Kate - Captain (Million Miles an Hour) - YouTube

Something For Kate - Beautiful Sharks - YouTube

My personal favourite, you should know this one, it was something of a hit (it was on So Fresh Spring 2001)

Something For Kate - Monsters - YouTube

Something For Kate - 3 Dimensions videoclip - YouTube

The new single

Something For Kate - Survival Expert (Lyric Video) - YouTube

HOLY SHIT ME TOO.

I mean, look at this tracklisting.

Don't Stop Movin' - S Club 7
Hanging by a Moment - Lifehouse
Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me) - Train
Starlight - The Supermen Lovers
Bootylicious - Destiny's Child
Let's Get Married - Jagged Edge featuring Run-D.M.C.
Purple Hills - D12
Ride Wit Me - Nelly featuring City Spud
With Arms Wide Open - Creed
Dancing in the Moonlight - Toploader
Uptown Girl - Westlife
In My Pocket - Mandy Moore
Play - Jennifer Lopez
The Housemates Song - Sirens featuring The Big Brother Housemates
So Damn Fine - Joanne
Another Chance - Roger Sanchez
Weapon of Choice - Fatboy Slim
Monsters - Something for Kate
Here with Me - Dido
The Rock Show - Blink 182

Echolalia is indeed extremely good.

I've done my good deed for the day, I indoctrinated another U2 fan into the Order of Inthistowntasticism.

The fact that its a Thursday night is my only concern. I'll keep you posted. I'm kinda thinking it wont sell out straight away?

Yeah, I'm not exactly worried about those tickets moving too fast.

HOLY SHIT ME TOO.

Purple Hills - D12
Uptown Girl - Westlife
Play - Jennifer Lopez
So Damn Fine - Joanne
Here with Me - Dido

I'd kill myself if I had to hear Drops of Jupiter again.

Disclaimer: Might be hyperbole. Might.

HOLY SHIT ME TOO.

Purple Hills - D12
Uptown Girl - Westlife
Play - Jennifer Lopez
So Damn Fine - Joanne
Here with Me - Dido

Hahaha, there's so much there I can't stand now (please note: not all of it!), but yes, at the time I listened to it so much. I think I always skipped The Housemates Song, though. That's the only one I can't instantly recall right now. I bet I would still really like the Roger Sanchez song. I also have little doubt that I still know all the lyrics to Purple (p)Hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom