bon 7ovi vs. aerosmith

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aerosmith, because their music never told me anything. Even though listening to several albums from various eras, it didn't capture my attention.
Bon Jovi has had his moment and now they're boring and bland, although my favourite phase of the band is the 90's, until "These Days" and the Jon solo album - that I really like!.

Aygo said:
Bon Jovi has had his moment and now they're boring and bland, although my favourite phase of the band is the 90's, until "These Days" and the Jon solo album

Me too. :reject: I really liked 1992's Keep The Faith and most of the singles from 1996's These Days.. haven't listened to the whole album. Bon Jovi were freaking huge in India in the early 90s and I kinda grew up with them. Their 80s stuff I only came to know of later on, so I'm not that big a fan of say, the extremely overplayed Livin On A Prayer, You Give Love A Bad Name etc. :crack: Also I still like Jon's solo effort on Midnight In Chelsea from his Destination Anywhere album. Don't remember the other songs off of it though. And same with Aerosmith, I grew up with 1993's Get A Grip and 1997's Nine Lives. While Pump is still my favorite, I have nostalgic attachments to the afore-mentioned albums. I'm such a 90s kid. :shifty:

Anyway overall, while neither band is close to being my favorite, I enjoy certain albums from both bands.

neither suck

BON JOVI RULES!!!!! :rockon:

Now these are our words
our words are our songs
our songs are our prayers
these prayers keep me strong
and I still believe
if you were in these arms...

I LOVE YOU
I NEED YOU
I'D GET DOWN ON MY KNEES FOR YOU
AND MAKE EVERYTHING ALRIGHT
IF YOU WERE IN THESE ARMS
:drool:

you all suck :madspit:

pepokiss said:
neither suck

BON JOVI RULES!!!!! :rockon:

Now these are our words
our words are our songs
our songs are our prayers
these prayers keep me strong
and I still believe
if you were in these arms...

I LOVE YOU
I NEED YOU
I'D GET DOWN ON MY KNEES FOR YOU
AND MAKE EVERYTHING ALRIGHT
IF YOU WERE IN THESE ARMS
:drool:

you all suck :madspit:

I :heart: u!

Bono's shades said:
Bon Jovi x 1,000,000

At least Aerosmith used to be great. Bon Jovi has always sucked.

:laugh: that's exactly how I feel! I like some of Aerosmith's older stuff but nothing since Permanent Vacation. Everything sounds the same! I have never liked Bon Jovi. Ever.

yes they do both indeed suck.

however, i would say that aerosmith sucks the most. i don't think there's a single one of their songs worth listening to.

bon jovi has actually written one song that i kinda like: bed of roses.

U2Man said:
bon jovi has actually written one song that i kinda like: bed of roses.

:lol: You kidding me? The sappiest of 'em all? Okay, maybe not as sappy as Thank You For Loving Me. But if you like Bed Of Roses, methinks you'll like a lot of songs from Keep The Faith like the title track, In These Arms, Sleep When I'm Dead and Dry County.

Zootlesque said:

But if you like Bed Of Roses, methinks you'll like a lot of songs from Keep The Faith like the title track, In These Arms, Sleep When I'm Dead and Dry County.

Save a Prayer

Best Bon Jovi song ever along with Blood on Blood and Dry County
:shocked:

Zootlesque said:

:lol: You kidding me? The sappiest of 'em all? Okay, maybe not as sappy as Thank You For Loving Me. But if you like Bed Of Roses, methinks you'll like a lot of songs from Keep The Faith like the title track, In These Arms, Sleep When I'm Dead and Dry County.

it's just that i actually think that jon does some quite good singing in bed of roses. it's not an easy song to sing. i will agree that's it's sappy, though.

keep the faith has an ok bass figure throughout the song.

dry county...hmm, there was something i liked about that song, probably the intro.

Please.....this is an ass kicking.

Aerosmith used to be pretty bad ass, before about 1978.

So unfortunately they have sucked for almost 30 years.

That said, I could name 10, maybe 15 songs that are 1,000 times better than the best Bon Jovi song and not even get into the 1980's.

Back
Top Bottom