Boggus Motor Company, Harlingen, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He had the look once. In the 80's he looked like he wanted to be there. Even during Zoo TV, he looked like he was trying to play it cool. But for the last three tours, he looks bored/annoyed.

Yeah, I've even spotted him smiling in some eighties bootleg DVDs. But he obviously thought Popmart was the stupidest thing ever, and it's almost like he's never forgiven the band.

It was funny watching U2 3D and noting just how much more into drumming Bono was than Larry. Sure, Bono sucked, but at least he brought the passion.

(Potentially) Manny Ramirez to the fucking Marlins?

Florida's team salary's about $20 million. Manny gets paid more than their whole fucking team combined.

Fuck, I wouldn't like it if Manny went to the NL East. The Phightin's are struggling enough as it is.
:no: I love Manny! He can't leave the BoSox! Hell, I'd change team loyalties if he left...

BTW, saw the Phillies won last night. Way to go! :up:

People Get Ready, Joshua Tree Tour, (I think) Syracuse. Bono starts playing guitar for the first two minutes and gives up, giving his guitar to a fan, who (shockingly) has never played guitar before. He goes off to teach her the chords (yes, Bono teaching chords), and he instructs Edge to start singing. Edge sings "People get ready ... c'mon!" to try to get the crowd to help him out. Larry finds this funny and laughs heartily.

I was shocked. SHOCKED!

he hardly ever smiles. Period.
I think hell would freeze over if he smiled in a photo with a fan.

Hell will also freeze over if he starts to play something interesting ...

I find it genuinely troubling that he thinks 6/8 is an unusual time signature.

:no: I love Manny! He can't leave the BoSox! Hell, I'd change team loyalties if he left...

BTW, saw the Phillies won last night. Way to go! :up:

Utley may be breaking out of his slump. A couple more weeks of that shit and I was changing my avatar.

Yeah, I've even spotted him smiling in some eighties bootleg DVDs. But he obviously thought Popmart was the stupidest thing ever, and it's almost like he's never forgiven the band.

It was funny watching U2 3D and noting just how much more into drumming Bono was than Larry. Sure, Bono sucked, but at least he brought the passion.
Seems to make a lot of sense.

And about U2 3D, yes, Bono did seem more into it than Larry did. It was quite strange, given, ya know, it's Larry's JOB to drum.

He smiled a lot during the first three tours. He brought the passion then.

People Get Ready, Joshua Tree Tour, (I think) Syracuse. Bono starts playing guitar for the first two minutes and gives up, giving his guitar to a fan, who (shockingly) has never played guitar before. He goes off to teach her the chords (yes, Bono teaching chords), and he instructs Edge to start singing. Edge sings "People get ready ... c'mon!" to try to get the crowd to help him out. Larry finds this funny and laughs heartily.

I was shocked. SHOCKED!

... holy shit, I've watched that DVD a couple of times and never noticed that. I may just have to go rummaging through my bootlegs now.

(Honestly, Syracuse is one of my least favourite JT Tour gigs. I find the set pretty dull in comparison to most other bootlegs. Though it does have the WTFery of Bono snippeting Yes in Bad.)

Hell will also freeze over if he starts to play something interesting ...

I find it genuinely troubling that he thinks 6/8 is an unusual time signature.
So he likes being bland and looking like he'd rather be doing anything else right now? :tsk:

He hates Passengers, too. It was "self-indulgent".

And about U2 3D, yes, Bono did seem more into it than Larry did. It was quite strange, given, ya know, it's Larry's JOB to drum.

U2 in general don't seem terribly committed or dedicated to their job. And I know some people on EYKIW would like to go on about how we are mere fans and they are artists who can choose when and how they deliver music from their grand pedestal in the sky, bla bla bla, but at the end of the day, they're making a career out of music and we're the ones enabling them to do that. So I think it's only fair for them to actually do their job to a decent standard.

So he likes being bland and looking like he'd rather be doing anything else right now? :tsk:

I wonder if he's even really thought about music much. I bet the existence of time signatures like 13/16 would come as a huge shock to him.

... holy shit, I've watched that DVD a couple of times and never noticed that. I may just have to go rummaging through my bootlegs now.

(Honestly, Syracuse is one of my least favourite JT Tour gigs. I find the set pretty dull in comparison to most other bootlegs. Though it does have the WTFery of Bono snippeting Yes in Bad.)

YouTube - U2-People get ready LIVE

Not sure if it's Syracuse. I think so, can't confirm/rumor.

U2 in general don't seem terribly committed or dedicated to their job. And I know some people on EYKIW would like to go on about how we are mere fans and they are artists who can choose when and how they deliver music from their grand pedestal in the sky, bla bla bla, but at the end of the day, they're making a career out of music and we're the ones enabling them to do that. So I think it's only fair for them to actually do their job to a decent standard.
It's pretty much like their last few tours weren't very dedicated at all. Forced, but not even enthusiastic enough anyway.
Hype, hype, hype and nothing to back it up.

Maybe they should've left their name as The Hype.

Yes.

Like one of the demotivators said. "The Edge. How great would he be without idiot bandmates?"

:hmm: This gives me an idea for a sort of game thread...that'll start some great discussion, mening there'll be a forum war the third day and it'll get locked.

I wish I had a camera right now. Both of these cats are curled up asleep together. :cute:

I miss having a cat. But where I live, I can only have fish or birds, or anything else that lives in a tank/cage.

At least my fish seem to be perking up a little from their weird behaviour earlier this week.

I miss having a cat. But where I live, I can only have fish or birds, or anything else that lives in a tank/cage.

At least my fish seem to be perking up a little from their weird behaviour earlier this week.

Boo. Cats are awesome.
What kinda fish do you have?

It's pretty much like their last few tours weren't very dedicated at all. Forced, but not even enthusiastic enough anyway.
Hype, hype, hype and nothing to back it up.

Maybe they should've left their name as The Hype.

This is even more true about the last two albums. "It's what happens when God walks in the room." "Punk rock from Venus." "Our best album ever." Bla bla bla. Shut up and let the music speak for you. If it's that good, WE'LL LET YOU KNOW.

I find Bono hilarious in general, whether intentional or unintentional on his part. He cracks me up.

Hey Mia! :wave:

Boo. Cats are awesome.
What kinda fish do you have?

Six zebrafish. Used to be seven. Can't tell you what happened to the seventh. I came home from a short holiday in Queensland and it was gone, with all the logical explanations seemingly wrong.

This is even more true about the last two albums. "It's what happens when God walks in the room." "Punk rock from Venus." "Our best album ever." Bla bla bla. Shut up and let the music speak for you. If it's that good, WE'LL LET YOU KNOW.

Whatever happened to the days when creative minds made something and said nothing about it, just waited for the word on whether or not it is good? No hype, none of that crap. No setting you up to get your hopes let down.

HTDAAB I can handle in low dosage. ATYCLB I love for personal reasons.
But musically? Fuck them both except for certain songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom