Boggus Motor Company, Harlingen, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this post I'm quoting was my 61,000th post. At least it makes a good point.

My 20,000th post was in the first round of the Artist League telling IrishTeen that Streets of Philadelphia was an odd choice as the song to introduce people to Springsteen.

Really, really uneventful post.

Ha, when I wrote it, I thought "this could apply to Larry just as much". For a guy all about the drooms, he's pretty clueless really.
Hell, Ringo Starr stoned out of his mind had more energy behind those skins than Larry Mullen Junior does! I'm used to seeing drummers so wound up, they can't sit still. I mean, you you use the words wild, crazy, or hyper to describe him? Nope, yet I'd use them to describe pretty much every other drummer.

Hell, Ringo Starr stoned out of his mind had more energy behind those skins than Larry Mullen Junior does! I'm used to seeing drummers so wound up, they can't sit still. I mean, you you use the words wild, crazy, or hyper to describe him? Nope, yet I'd use them to describe pretty much every other drummer.

Yes, basically. :lol:

And most of Interference terribly overrates Larry. I can't think of a drummer worse than he is. A few on par? Maybe.

Don't talk to me. Don't talk to me.

By the way, I'm listening to The Clash's London Calling and Pavement's Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain today. Any thoughts from the ST?

I've given my thoughts/heresy about London Calling before: I think it needed some fat trimmed. I rather enjoy the album and it has a number of quality songs (the title track, Spanish Bombs, The Guns Of Brixton, and The Card Cheat being personal favourites), but the last five tracks lose me entirely.

Never really got into Pavement, even if Malkmus is supposedly massively influenced by the Dunedin Sound.

And most of Interference terribly overrates Larry. I can't think of a drummer worse than he is. A few on par? Maybe.

U-Wen and I went to this free concert at university on Tuesday. They've had some good bands through before for these concerts, but last Tuesday? One observation U-Wen made was that the band's drummer was playing with the exact same drum set-up as Larry ... and was managing to be far, far worse than Larry's ever been.

But in terms of drummers in famous bands, I totally agree.

Don't talk to me. Don't talk to me.

By the way, I'm listening to The Clash's London Calling and Pavement's Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain today. Any thoughts from the ST?
London Calling? I love you, Pfan. :love:

My 20,000th post was in the first round of the Artist League telling IrishTeen that Streets of Philadelphia was an odd choice as the song to introduce people to Springsteen.

Really, really uneventful post.

:laugh:

Even I was a bit surprised by that choice. But at least it was better than throwing around Born In The USA for the millionth time.

U-Wen and I went to this free concert at university on Tuesday. They've had some good bands through before for these concerts, but last Tuesday? One observation U-Wen made was that the band's drummer was playing with the exact same drum set-up as Larry ... and was managing to be far, far worse than Larry's ever been.

But in terms of drummers in famous bands, I totally agree.

Yes, I agree. I was referring to famous bands, but it is important to remember Larry's better than some amateurs. With all of the bashing he gets, we may forget.

:laugh:

Even I was a bit surprised by that choice. But at least it was better than throwing around Born In The USA for the millionth time.

He says it was the most watched video of his on YouTube (mostly thanks to Philadelphia, the film).

The best example of his sound would be something off Born to Run, probably.

He has no energy whatsoever.
I mean, really. What drummer isn't hyper?

Both quoted for truth.

Half the time, Larry looks like he's about to go to sleep, and the other half the time, he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else on the planet. You just don't get a sense that he's passionate about the music at all. At least Bono's got that going for him. And, of course, Edge usually looks pretty lost in the music and Adam's doing the usual "yeah, I'm a cool, relaxed bassist" thing.

Yes, I agree. I was referring to famous bands, but it is important to remember Larry's better than some amateurs. With all of the bashing he gets, we may forget.

Some of the bands they get to the free gigs are professional. But just judging by the lameness of these guys, I very much doubt they were! I think they basically just played the same song ten times over.

Larry's drum setup confuses me. Has for a long time. Yeah, he's better than some amateurs. I concur. But perfect example of Larry vs a decent drummer: Superdome. Tre Cool's actually pretty good. And watching him go psychotic behing the drums versus Larry's :| is a good indicator.

Both quoted for truth.

Half the time, Larry looks like he's about to go to sleep, and the other half the time, he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else on the planet. You just don't get a sense that he's passionate about the music at all. At least Bono's got that going for him. And, of course, Edge usually looks pretty lost in the music and Adam's doing the usual "yeah, I'm a cool, relaxed bassist" thing.

Yeah. He just looks like he's got better things to do. Isn't enthused at all and definitely doesn't like dealing with fans too much.

Both quoted for truth.

He had the look once. In the 80's he looked like he wanted to be there. Even during Zoo TV, he looked like he was trying to play it cool. But for the last three tours, he looks bored/annoyed.

He says it was the most watched video of his on YouTube (mostly thanks to Philadelphia, the film).

The best example of his sound would be something off Born to Run, probably.

Ah, well, I suppose that's fair enough logic then, even if it didn't turn up the best choice.

Looks like participation has slipped a bit for the second round.

Yeah. He just looks like he's got better things to do. Isn't enthused at all and definitely doesn't like dealing with fans too much.
It's almost like he's too good to be a rockstar. How the fuck is anyone "too good" to be a rockstar?

You seen him even bother to smile in a photo with a fan?

I sure haven't.

Larry's drum setup confuses me. Has for a long time. Yeah, he's better than some amateurs. I concur. But perfect example of Larry vs a decent drummer: Superdome. Tre Cool's actually pretty good. And watching him go psychotic behing the drums versus Larry's :| is a good indicator.

His setup, like his kit? Seems simple enough to me: he's got floor toms on both sides, a snare, two rack toms, one drum between them for WTSHNN, and then about six cymbals: a hi-hat, a ride, a crash/ride, and three crashes.

His setup, like his kit? Seems simple enough to me: he's got floor toms on both sides, a snare, two rack toms, one drum between them for WTSHNN, and then about six cymbals: a hi-hat, a ride, a crash/ride, and three crashes.
I've never seen anyone with a floor tom on the left. they're usually off to the right. :shrug: Just me, I guess.

Ken Griffey Jr. to the White Sox???

(Potentially) Manny Ramirez to the fucking Marlins?

Florida's team salary's about $20 million. Manny gets paid more than their whole fucking team combined.

Fuck, I wouldn't like it if Manny went to the NL East. The Phightin's are struggling enough as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom