Boggus Motor Company, Harlingen, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely we should. Anything exciting happening in the world?

Let's talk about how bad our days were!

Firstly, I slept in. I arrived at my Ceramics lesson an hour and a half late, and as I had missed last weeks, this was my first. It was mainly clay working - and I like working with clay, but I'm bad with it. And we were just making vases and stuff, practicing with coils. I was SHIT at it. Really, really shit. Now, I'm shit at a lot of things, but not always things that I want to be good at. Usually I adapt to them. But I have no patience with clay and today I realised that things may never change in regards to that. I was sitting on a different table to a couple of the girls I usually talk to, and they were busy talking to everyone else on that table. So all I could do was just concentrate on my work and get really pissed off. Went out to lunch early (most did) and caught up with my brother since he had a dentist appointment. Got this pasta salad from Sumo Salad that was just downright terrible and put me off of eating in general before I was even a fifth of the way through it. Went back to Tafe and started a vase afresh. Was sitting across from the guy I've had the biggest crush on all year, but now he has this girlfriend that looks like a ten year old so I sort of feel more uncomfortable talking to him now. That's been a real bitch to me lately. Scrapped all my work at the end of the day. Went to the bus stop, it started raining and there was no shelter. Eventually got back via a quick bus down South Road, got picked up by my brother and we got tea at Fasta Pasta (there were actually no qualms here) but then we went to the bottle shop and THEY'VE STOPPED SELLING BELLE-VUE KRIEK and I almost had a hissyfit in a bottle shop, but then I remembered that there are people in India that would settle even just for a Leffe Blonde so I went home.

Alright, my day started well enough. Skipped my morning lectures because ... well, I just couldn't be bothered that early for first week mundanity. Went to my tute though. It webt rather well, though I suspect one guy in the class is going to get a bit annoying. He seems very knowledgeable and well-read, but he kept blathering on. Sometimes his tidbits were barely connected to the topic and seemed to be more to show off his vast depth of knowledge than to really add anything meaningful to the discussion. But him aside, the tute group seemed cool. Then I came home and found myself in the midst of a lame argument. After that, I went to make a "lazy lasagne" that was anything but lazy and took forever. God, I hate chopping tomatoes, especially seven of the buggers. Just to rub it in, it took twice as long to cook than I expected. Luckily it tasted a bit better than I expected, but isn't that filling.

So really, I can't complain that much, but all that time chopping tomatoes allowed my mind to run away on me. And then it's been dead here and I've no idea what else to do with my evening since the light's blown in the lounge and it's difficult to change at the best of times, so I'm not even going to TRY in the darkness. Instead, I've set up a lamp and it at least allows me to see a bit. But it has put paid to good intentions of cleaning the lounge since it's just not light enough for me to see my way around very well.

Let's talk about how bad our days were!

Firstly, I slept in. I arrived at my Ceramics lesson an hour and a half late, and as I had missed last weeks, this was my first. It was mainly clay working - and I like working with clay, but I'm bad with it. And we were just making vases and stuff, practicing with coils. I was SHIT at it. Really, really shit. Now, I'm shit at a lot of things, but not always things that I want to be good at. Usually I adapt to them. But I have no patience with clay and today I realised that things may never change in regards to that. I was sitting on a different table to a couple of the girls I usually talk to, and they were busy talking to everyone else on that table. So all I could do was just concentrate on my work and get really pissed off. Went out to lunch early (most did) and caught up with my brother since he had a dentist appointment. Got this pasta salad from Sumo Salad that was just downright terrible and put me off of eating in general before I was even a fifth of the way through it. Went back to Tafe and started a vase afresh. Was sitting across from the guy I've had the biggest crush on all year, but now he has this girlfriend that looks like a ten year old so I sort of feel more uncomfortable talking to him now. That's been a real bitch to me lately. Scrapped all my work at the end of the day. Went to the bus stop, it started raining and there was no shelter. Eventually got back via a quick bus down South Road, got picked up by my brother and we got tea at Fasta Pasta (there were actually no qualms here) but then we went to the bottle shop and THEY'VE STOPPED SELLING BELLE-VUE KRIEK and I almost had a hissyfit in a bottle shop, but then I remembered that there are people in India that would settle even just for a Leffe Blonde so I went home.

Working with clay must be fucking messy too. I'm not one who really likes getting his hands dirty, so I'd stay well away!

The tram stop on my route near uni has recently been "upgraded". Most of the upgrade is actually regressive and I don't like it, but it HAS given us a shelter, finally. I'm delighted with that. Waiting for public transport in the rain is always the pits. Well, actually, this stop always had a shelter, but on the side of the road, and if the tram came while the traffic was moving, you were fucked, since Flemington Road gives the tram its own reservation and cars don't need to stop when it's unloading passengers. So I'd never use it since I didn't want to miss a tram, even if that meant standing in the rain a bit.

Trust me to latch onto the public transport part of your post.

Alright, my day started well enough. Skipped my morning lectures because ... well, I just couldn't be bothered that early for first week mundanity. Went to my tute though. It webt rather well, though I suspect one guy in the class is going to get a bit annoying. He seems very knowledgeable and well-read, but he kept blathering on. Sometimes his tidbits were barely connected to the topic and seemed to be more to show off his vast depth of knowledge than to really add anything meaningful to the discussion. But him aside, the tute group seemed cool. Then I came home and found myself in the midst of a lame argument. After that, I went to make a "lazy lasagne" that was anything but lazy and took forever. God, I hate chopping tomatoes, especially seven of the buggers. Just to rub it in, it took twice as long to cook than I expected. Luckily it tasted a bit better than I expected, but isn't that filling.

So really, I can't complain that much, but all that time chopping tomatoes allowed my mind to run away on me. And then it's been dead here and I've no idea what else to do with my evening since the light's blown in the lounge and it's difficult to change at the best of times, so I'm not even going to TRY in the darkness. Instead, I've set up a lamp and it at least allows me to see a bit. But it has put paid to good intentions of cleaning the lounge since it's just not light enough for me to see my way around very well.

Man, sucks. Ah well, let's hope tomorrow goes a bit easier on us, eh?

Working with clay must be fucking messy too. I'm not one who really likes getting his hands dirty, so I'd stay well away!

The tram stop on my route near uni has recently been "upgraded". Most of the upgrade is actually regressive and I don't like it, but it HAS given us a shelter, finally. I'm delighted with that. Waiting for public transport in the rain is always the pits. Well, actually, this stop always had a shelter, but on the side of the road, and if the tram came while the traffic was moving, you were fucked, since Flemington Road gives the tram its own reservation and cars don't need to stop when it's unloading passengers. So I'd never use it since I didn't want to miss a tram, even if that meant standing in the rain a bit.

Trust me to latch onto the public transport part of your post.

I have no problem with getting my hands dirty, as long as everything is clean afterwards. :happy:

I love how you concentrate the rest of your post on one sentence from mine. :lmao: Oh, that Axver! Really though, I didn't mind waiting in the rain that much, I love rain, and it wasn't too heavy, plus I talked to a nice Indian lady there for a while, but then her bus which was meant to come after mine actually came before it, and then I was the only one at the bus stop and everything was kind of gloomy. Just one of the days, I suppose.

Man, sucks. Ah well, let's hope tomorrow goes a bit easier on us, eh?

Let's hope so. Looks like I need to do the groceries tomorrow. Should work it in with a bit of a photography trek, but I really can't think of what's worth photographing around Brunswick!

I have no problem with getting my hands dirty, as long as everything is clean afterwards. :happy:

I love how you concentrate the rest of your post on one sentence from mine. :lmao: Oh, that Axver! Really though, I didn't mind waiting in the rain that much, I love rain, and it wasn't too heavy, plus I talked to a nice Indian lady there for a while, but then her bus which was meant to come after mine actually came before it, and then I was the only one at the bus stop and everything was kind of gloomy. Just one of the days, I suppose.

Heh, it's the getting clean part that bugs me. Messy things aren't so bad when you're doing them, but then once you're done and have all this crap all over your hands and everywhere ... not so fun.

Any invitation to waffle on public transport. :wink: God, I sometimes wish there were more nice and interesting people to talk to here. Usually at my local stop, everybody seems just a bit grumpy or suspicious of everyone, or are the kind of bogans you probably should be suspicious of. I suppose that's what you get when you live in a suburb that's undergoing gentrification but is doing it on the cheap.

Damn you, Axver, Bonnie, Khan, Traviud, Ian, Serena, and Gluey!

Y'all invaded my dreams last night! :angry:

WIN.

What happened in the dream?
For some reason, Serena and I were buying doughtnuts at $17.50 a pop cause you made them and Bonnie and Khan were trying to talk us into and and traviud and Ian were taking the piss cause we bought it hook, line, and sinker. DI V was mixed in there and it had something to do with The Screw, but not sure what it was. that bit never developed. But I dreamt about the freakin' superthread! not people! my entire dream was a freakin' message board!

Can I blame Chass for this? She shared her superthread dream yesterday and I think it poisoned me...

Breathe, Ax. Breathe. I know you're laughing your head off. Just breathe.

For some reason, Serena and I were buying doughtnuts at $17.50 a pop cause you made them and Bonnie and Khan were trying to talk us into and and traviud and Ian were taking the piss cause we bought it hook, line, and sinker. DI V was mixed in there and it had something to do with The Screw, but not sure what it was. that bit never developed. But I dreamt about the freakin' superthread! not people! my entire dream was a freakin' message board!

Can I blame Chass for this? She shared her superthread dream yesterday and I think it poisoned me...

:lmao: :lmao: That's just awesome. Safe to say it must be Chass's fault - though I didn't have a Superthread dream of my own! Well, maybe I did. I just rarely ever remember my dreams.

Also, I must 1. learn to make doughnuts and 2. find people who'll buy them off me for $17.50.

:lmao: :lmao: That's just awesome. Safe to say it must be Chass's fault - though I didn't have a Superthread dream of my own! Well, maybe I did. I just rarely ever remember my dreams.

Also, I must 1. learn to make doughnuts and 2. find people who'll buy them off me for $17.50.
Yes. You must. :lol:

Well, while I learn how to make doughnuts, I don't suppose I could interest anybody in a muffin for the bargain basement price of $16.90?

Only if you can convince somebody else to buy one of these dirt-cheap $16.90 muffins.
I'm sure I can talk Serena into it, just give me about 5 minutes after she logs on. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom