Boggus Motor Company, Harlingen, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Boy is more consistant throughout, but I like some of the War material infinitely more than anything on Boy (New Year's Day, Like A Song, and Drowning Man, in particular).

I agree with the War material generally being stronger than Boy, but I think that Boy is bigger as a result of the sum of it's parts.

Quality-wise overall they're about equal, but my preference goes to Boy.

I agree with the War material generally being stronger than Boy, but I think that Boy is bigger as a result of the sum of it's parts.

Quality-wise overall they're about equal, but my preference goes to Boy.

I think War could have really benefited from an extra two or three weeks of recording. 40 could have been way better than it was. Red Light just needed less female background vocals and maybe a piano instead of horns. Then if one adds Treasure into the mix....

I'm kind of surprised you rank Passengers so low yet rank UF so high.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I didn't like the superelectronic sound of Passengers, where TUF is much more organic.

Is it bad of me to hate the present I got today? I know my mom tries so hard... but I just don't like it at all. It's an electronic coin jar. You put the coins in and a sensor on it has a digital screen so it keeps track of how much money is in it.

Is it bad of me to hate the present I got today? I know my mom tries so hard... but I just don't like it at all. It's an electronic coin jar. You put the coins in and a sensor on it has a digital screen so it keeps track of how much money is in it.

That seems like...something you'd give a 10 year old.

That seems like...something you'd give a 10 year old.

I know. She loves me. She just doesn't understand that I don't like things like that anymore. She's the only one who gave me anything, said happy birthday to me or anything, and I don't like the present. I should just appreciate I got anything.

oh god. yeah, it's okay to hate that. that's something i'd give to either a little kid or an old person.

:huh:

Ok testing. ....wtf is up with the post I made just a minute ago...the :huh : code won't work in it!

I know. She loves me. She just doesn't understand that I don't like things like that anymore. She's the only one who gave me anything, said happy birthday to me or anything, and I don't like the present. I should just appreciate I got anything.

Well, it is the thought that counts.
But I can see hating what she got, for sure.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I didn't like the superelectronic sound of Passengers, where TUF is much more organic.

Superelectronic sound? I can't say I think that really applies to stuff like Beach Sequence or Miss Sarajevo or Your Blue Room ... hell, at least half the album.

I hope I manage to squeeze in the day and wish you a happy birthday!

(if it's any consolation, mine got missed here too, bastards! :grumpy: )

Superelectronic sound? I can't say I think that really applies to stuff like Beach Sequence or Miss Sarajevo or Your Blue Room ... hell, at least half the album.

But United Colours, One Minute Warning, Ito Okashi, A Different Kind of Blue, Always Forever Now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom