Boggus Motor Company, Harlingen, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost like they thought "well, re-recording Pop would be silly ... let's turn one of its songs into some silly, fluffy religious number to redeem us for our sins!"

As for the songs to keep, replace Miracle Drug with Crumbs and I'll agree.
Adam said in U2 by U2 (no I haven't memorised the damn thing, i just open random pages and read for a while and I remembered this) that COBL was a song that they were going to put on Pop, but they ran out of room or something and a few of the others' demos began during the Pop sessions.

Adam said in U2 by U2 (no I haven't memorised the damn thing, i just open random pages and read for a while and I remembered this) that COBL was a song that they were going to put on Pop, but they ran out of room or something and a few of the others' demos began during the Pop sessions.

Yeah, I was aware that COBL, musically, is from the Pop sessions. Bet it had better lyrics then too, rather than what we got inspired by playing New York post-11 September 2001.

Yeah, I was aware that COBL, musically, is from the Pop sessions. Bet it had better lyrics then too, rather than what we got inspired by playing New York post-11 September 2001.
:sigh: WTF happened between 1997 and 2000? Why did they suddenly start to suck?

Yeah but they started over-producing stuff in the more recent years.
So they crapped it up as time went by.

They also did a shithouse job producing Achtung. See: Zoo Station, UTEOTW, So Cruel ...

Eno And Lanois had their moment of brilliance with TUF and JT. Hate to quote the bass player again, but his favourites are TUF, JT, and Achtung. So there's that.

On the flipside, to bring up an argument Bonnie was talking about a week ago or so, if they'd gone out with that bang, Adam wouldn't be around to say that those are his favourites.

I dunno. Bottom line: If it's craptastic, I won't be surprised, but I'm not going to get my hopes up that there's gonna be another "Bad" or Streets on the new one.

Ugh, right. :doh:
I like Zoo Station, but I think it could be better than what it is. UTEOTW is a lot better live. And So Cruel is okay.

The guitar just VANISHES in Zoo Station's verses. It's inaudible. What a pisspoor job.

Ugh, right. :doh:
I like Zoo Station, but I think it could be better than what it is. UTEOTW is a lot better live. And So Cruel is okay.
Zoo Station's bass line bugs the fucking shit out of me. It was alright to play out of key for BTBS, but on ZS, it sounds like shit. Try again, bass player.

Eno And Lanois had their moment of brilliance with TUF and JT. Hate to quote the bass player again, but his favourites are TUF, JT, and Achtung. So there's that.

On the flipside, to bring up an argument Bonnie was talking about a week ago or so, if they'd gone out with that bang, Adam wouldn't be around to say that those are his favourites.

I dunno. Bottom line: If it's craptastic, I won't be surprised, but I'm not going to get my hopes up that there's gonna be another "Bad" or Streets on the new one.
I am hoping that it at least won't disappoint me as much as Bomb did.

Someone elsewhere raised the interesting point that while Eno seemed to be the leader of the Eno and Lanois pair around JT/AB, Lanois has been the leader this decade - especially note that he was involved in HTDAAB but Eno wasn't. I wonder if there's something in that ...

Someone elsewhere raised the interesting point that while Eno seemed to be the leader of the Eno and Lanois pair around JT/AB, Lanois has been the leader this decade - especially note that he was involved in HTDAAB but Eno wasn't. I wonder if there's something in that ...

Wouldn't surprise me, given how the albums then were pretty good but now...

I think there is. I remember the Class Albums thing from Pop era about JT. Lanois was kind of taking over at that point. The weird thing is, the vibe I got from them was the only reason they kept Danny around is Larry threw a tantrum cause Lanois likes the drooms and, as we all know, it's supposed to about the drooms. I dunno, I could've made that up, but that's what I remember.

I think there is. I remember the Class Albums thing from Pop era about JT. Lanois was kind of taking over at that point. The weird thing is, the vibe I got from them was the only reason they kept Danny around is Larry threw a tantrum cause Lanois likes the drooms and, as we all know, it's supposed to about the drooms. I dunno, I could've made that up, but that's what I remember.

Plus, Lanois seems to complement Larry's mindset about making hits, stuff that's over-produced and all radio-friendly. Eno, as we know, is all about the soundscapes and the effects and the music's ambience. Good luck finding much of that lately.

Plus, Lanois seems to complement Larry's mindset about making hits, stuff that's over-produced and all radio-friendly. Eno, as we know, is all about the soundscapes and the effects and the music's ambience. Good luck finding much of that lately.
have you heard any of his self-produced shit though? It's...well, actually, shit is the best word there...

have you heard any of his self-produced shit though? It's...well, actually, shit is the best word there...

Lanois or Eno?

I only have Another Green World by Eno. As for Lanois, heard a couple of his songs and didn't think he was for me so I didn't bother investigating further.

Lanois or Eno?

I only have Another Green World by Eno. As for Lanois, heard a couple of his songs and didn't think he was for me so I didn't bother investigating further.
Eno's brilliant. Hands down. I meant Lanois. OMFG. He's like...I dunno, I can't think of anyone else as musically useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom