Boggus Motor Company, Harlingen, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UF was fucking amazing. It has to be my favourite (aside of the obvious) musically, it just has to. That was the best fucking...*looks at CD case* $6 I ever spent on music!

I like Bomb initially but there were some songs on it I just couldn't stand. Namely Crumbs and A Man And A Woman. Those songs are like nails on a freakin' chalkboard to me. Skip, skip, skip! Thank you very much.
Though One Step Closer is my favourite, period.

UF was not initially my favourite album, though I certainly enjoyed it. It grew on me quickly though, and I only love it more with the passage of time. Damn good use of $10 for me.

I think I initially liked every track on HTDAAB. Now? About half of it, I wish didn't exist. Go away, SYCMIOYO, OOTS, and Yahweh in particular. I wouldn't consider ANY songs on the album to be U2 classics.

UF was not initially my favourite album, though I certainly enjoyed it. It grew on me quickly though, and I only love it more with the passage of time. Damn good use of $10 for me.

I think I initially liked every track on HTDAAB. Now? About half of it, I wish didn't exist. Go away, SYCMIOYO, OOTS, and Yahweh in particular. I wouldn't consider ANY songs on the album to be U2 classics.
When I first bought it, I didn't listen to it much. But it quickly grew to be a favourite once I did.

I never once liked every track on Bomb. Ever.
I kind of like Yahweh, but personally? It only sounds really good acoustic. Otherwise, it needs to go do something with itself.

Ah, right. The Aussies and Kiwis outnumber the Americans, right? Plus here, it's different in certain states as well.

Yep ... though I can't find anything for either Victoria or New Zealand that's really definitive or clear, so there goes that. I'm not sure what to do with this question, since I think it's one worth asking.

When I first bought it, I didn't listen to it much. But it quickly grew to be a favourite once I did.

I never once liked every track on Bomb. Ever.
I kind of like Yahweh, but personally? It only sounds really good acoustic. Otherwise, it needs to go do something with itself.

I'm not even sure when it became a favourite. I'd dig through my post archives to find some early album rankings, but my 2003 posts make me nauseous so I won't.

I hate Yahweh. The stupid, obvious, over-religious lyrics give me the shits. And the start of the song sounds bloody awful on the album.

Yep ... though I can't find anything for either Victoria or New Zealand that's really definitive or clear, so there goes that. I'm not sure what to do with this question, since I think it's one worth asking.

There's nothing for anywhere in Australia that'd work?

Hell, I can typo that SOBER. I know. I've done it :shifty:

I love drunkpostings. I need a night off soon to do it.

There's nothing for anywhere in Australia that'd work?

I only looked up Victoria, since almost all of us are in the state. Might try South Australia, NSW, and Queensland though, since we've Superthreaders based there.

I'm not even sure when it became a favourite. I'd dig through my post archives to find some early album rankings, but my 2003 posts make me nauseous so I won't.

I hate Yahweh. The stupid, obvious, over-religious lyrics give me the shits. And the start of the song sounds bloody awful on the album.

:lol:
It became a favourite of mine last year. Namely EPAA, ASOH and UF. :drool:
Though I love most everything on it.

The start of the album version blows out of my fucking ear drums and usually scares the piss out of me. I tend to skip it in favour of my Chicago audio of it.

The lyrics are basically a rehashing of Do You Feel Loved? which I adore! But Yahweh is...a bad song. I didn't even like the acoustic version over the credits of U23D. Miracle Drug, LAPOE, COBL, OSS. Those are the only keepers from Bomb.

:lol:
It became a favourite of mine last year. Namely EPAA, ASOH and UF. :drool:
Though I love most everything on it.

The start of the album version blows out of my fucking ear drums and usually scares the piss out of me. I tend to skip it in favour of my Chicago audio of it.

It's definitely been my favourite since 2004. Possibly 2003 but, like I said, that means checking archives. :yikes:

I don't really like when U2 do acoustic versions. They're too insubstantial. This is true of Yahweh, but yeah, at least it doesn't have some of the horrible studio version elements.

The lyrics are basically a rehashing of Do You Feel Loved? which I adore! But Yahweh is...a bad song. I didn't even like the acoustic version over the credits of U23D. Miracle Drug, LAPOE, COBL, OSS. Those are the only keepers from Bomb.

It's almost like they thought "well, re-recording Pop would be silly ... let's turn one of its songs into some silly, fluffy religious number to redeem us for our sins!"

As for the songs to keep, replace Miracle Drug with Crumbs and I'll agree.

It's almost like they thought "well, re-recording Pop would be silly ... let's turn one of its songs into some silly, fluffy religious number to redeem us for our sins!"

As for the songs to keep, replace Miracle Drug with Crumbs and I'll agree.

Fuck Crumbs. I'll keep Miracle Drug. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom