Boggus Motor Company, Harlingen, Texas Superthread - Page 62 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-31-2008, 11:31 AM   #916
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Yes, I agree. I was referring to famous bands, but it is important to remember Larry's better than some amateurs. With all of the bashing he gets, we may forget.
Larry's drum setup confuses me. Has for a long time. Yeah, he's better than some amateurs. I concur. But perfect example of Larry vs a decent drummer: Superdome. Tre Cool's actually pretty good. And watching him go psychotic behing the drums versus Larry's is a good indicator.
__________________

__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-31-2008, 11:32 AM   #917
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Both quoted for truth.

Half the time, Larry looks like he's about to go to sleep, and the other half the time, he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else on the planet. You just don't get a sense that he's passionate about the music at all. At least Bono's got that going for him. And, of course, Edge usually looks pretty lost in the music and Adam's doing the usual "yeah, I'm a cool, relaxed bassist" thing.
Yeah. He just looks like he's got better things to do. Isn't enthused at all and definitely doesn't like dealing with fans too much.
__________________

__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-31-2008, 11:32 AM   #918
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I would love you if I wasn't so frustrated by what A Cloak Infidel Sun means.
rearrange it, it's Fuck Daniel Lanois.
__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-31-2008, 11:32 AM   #919
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Both quoted for truth.

Half the time, Larry looks like he's about to go to sleep, and the other half the time, he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else on the planet. You just don't get a sense that he's passionate about the music at all. At least Bono's got that going for him. And, of course, Edge usually looks pretty lost in the music and Adam's doing the usual "yeah, I'm a cool, relaxed bassist" thing.
He had the look once. In the 80's he looked like he wanted to be there. Even during Zoo TV, he looked like he was trying to play it cool. But for the last three tours, he looks bored/annoyed.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-31-2008, 11:33 AM   #920
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,279
Local Time: 08:48 PM
Ken Griffey Jr. to the White Sox???
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 07-31-2008, 11:33 AM   #921
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,029
Local Time: 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
He says it was the most watched video of his on YouTube (mostly thanks to Philadelphia, the film).

The best example of his sound would be something off Born to Run, probably.
Ah, well, I suppose that's fair enough logic then, even if it didn't turn up the best choice.

Looks like participation has slipped a bit for the second round.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 07-31-2008, 11:33 AM   #922
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Yeah. He just looks like he's got better things to do. Isn't enthused at all and definitely doesn't like dealing with fans too much.
It's almost like he's too good to be a rockstar. How the fuck is anyone "too good" to be a rockstar?
__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-31-2008, 11:34 AM   #923
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,029
Local Time: 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Yeah. He just looks like he's got better things to do. Isn't enthused at all and definitely doesn't like dealing with fans too much.
You seen him even bother to smile in a photo with a fan?

I sure haven't.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 07-31-2008, 11:34 AM   #924
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
Larry's drum setup confuses me. Has for a long time. Yeah, he's better than some amateurs. I concur. But perfect example of Larry vs a decent drummer: Superdome. Tre Cool's actually pretty good. And watching him go psychotic behing the drums versus Larry's is a good indicator.
His setup, like his kit? Seems simple enough to me: he's got floor toms on both sides, a snare, two rack toms, one drum between them for WTSHNN, and then about six cymbals: a hi-hat, a ride, a crash/ride, and three crashes.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-31-2008, 11:35 AM   #925
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
You seen him even bother to smile in a photo with a fan?

I sure haven't.
I've seen a true smile on him once. He insulted Edge. So there ya go.
__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-31-2008, 11:35 AM   #926
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
It's almost like he's too good to be a rockstar. How the fuck is anyone "too good" to be a rockstar?
Seriously.
That just doesn't happen.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-31-2008, 11:36 AM   #927
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 26,990
Local Time: 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
His setup, like his kit? Seems simple enough to me: he's got floor toms on both sides, a snare, two rack toms, one drum between them for WTSHNN, and then about six cymbals: a hi-hat, a ride, a crash/ride, and three crashes.
I've never seen anyone with a floor tom on the left. they're usually off to the right. Just me, I guess.
__________________
Reggo is offline  
Old 07-31-2008, 11:36 AM   #928
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Ken Griffey Jr. to the White Sox???
(Potentially) Manny Ramirez to the fucking Marlins?

Florida's team salary's about $20 million. Manny gets paid more than their whole fucking team combined.

Fuck, I wouldn't like it if Manny went to the NL East. The Phightin's are struggling enough as it is.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 07-31-2008, 11:36 AM   #929
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Serena Vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 32.63n 117.14w
Posts: 12,603
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
You seen him even bother to smile in a photo with a fan?

I sure haven't.
he hardly ever smiles. Period.
I think hell would freeze over if he smiled in a photo with a fan.
__________________
Serena Vox is offline  
Old 07-31-2008, 11:37 AM   #930
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
I've never seen anyone with a floor tom on the left. they're usually off to the right. Just me, I guess.
He's got both. It's for when he plays Desire. He plays that drum beat on both floor toms and the snare.
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com