Boggus Motor Company, Harlingen, Texas Superthread - Page 61 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2008, 11:22 AM   #901
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
So this post I'm quoting was my 61,000th post. At least it makes a good point.
My 20,000th post was in the first round of the Artist League telling IrishTeen that Streets of Philadelphia was an odd choice as the song to introduce people to Springsteen.

Really, really uneventful post.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:22 AM   #902
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:35 PM
Quote:
Ha, when I wrote it, I thought "this could apply to Larry just as much". For a guy all about the drooms, he's pretty clueless really.
Hell, Ringo Starr stoned out of his mind had more energy behind those skins than Larry Mullen Junior does! I'm used to seeing drummers so wound up, they can't sit still. I mean, you you use the words wild, crazy, or hyper to describe him? Nope, yet I'd use them to describe pretty much every other drummer.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:23 AM   #903
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:35 PM
Quote:
Ha, when I wrote it, I thought "this could apply to Larry just as much". For a guy all about the drooms, he's pretty clueless really.
He has no energy whatsoever.
I mean, really. What drummer isn't hyper?
Old 07-31-2008, 11:23 AM   #904
Blue Crack Supplier

Keith Moon = greatest drummer of all-time.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:23 AM   #905
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
Hell, Ringo Starr stoned out of his mind had more energy behind those skins than Larry Mullen Junior does! I'm used to seeing drummers so wound up, they can't sit still. I mean, you you use the words wild, crazy, or hyper to describe him? Nope, yet I'd use them to describe pretty much every other drummer.
Yes, basically.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:24 AM   #906
Blue Crack Supplier

And most of Interference terribly overrates Larry. I can't think of a drummer worse than he is. A few on par? Maybe.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:25 AM   #907
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Don't talk to me. Don't talk to me.

By the way, I'm listening to The Clash's London Calling and Pavement's Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain today. Any thoughts from the ST?
I've given my thoughts/heresy about London Calling before: I think it needed some fat trimmed. I rather enjoy the album and it has a number of quality songs (the title track, Spanish Bombs, The Guns Of Brixton, and The Card Cheat being personal favourites), but the last five tracks lose me entirely.

Never really got into Pavement, even if Malkmus is supposedly massively influenced by the Dunedin Sound.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-31-2008, 11:26 AM   #908
Vocal parasite

Quote:
And most of Interference terribly overrates Larry. I can't think of a drummer worse than he is. A few on par? Maybe.
U-Wen and I went to this free concert at university on Tuesday. They've had some good bands through before for these concerts, but last Tuesday? One observation U-Wen made was that the band's drummer was playing with the exact same drum set-up as Larry ... and was managing to be far, far worse than Larry's ever been.

But in terms of drummers in famous bands, I totally agree.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-31-2008, 11:27 AM   #909
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:35 PM
Quote:
Don't talk to me. Don't talk to me.

By the way, I'm listening to The Clash's London Calling and Pavement's Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain today. Any thoughts from the ST?
London Calling? I love you, Pfan.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:28 AM   #910
Vocal parasite

Quote:
My 20,000th post was in the first round of the Artist League telling IrishTeen that Streets of Philadelphia was an odd choice as the song to introduce people to Springsteen.

Really, really uneventful post.

Even I was a bit surprised by that choice. But at least it was better than throwing around Born In The USA for the millionth time.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-31-2008, 11:28 AM   #911
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
U-Wen and I went to this free concert at university on Tuesday. They've had some good bands through before for these concerts, but last Tuesday? One observation U-Wen made was that the band's drummer was playing with the exact same drum set-up as Larry ... and was managing to be far, far worse than Larry's ever been.

But in terms of drummers in famous bands, I totally agree.
Yes, I agree. I was referring to famous bands, but it is important to remember Larry's better than some amateurs. With all of the bashing he gets, we may forget.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:29 AM   #912
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Even I was a bit surprised by that choice. But at least it was better than throwing around Born In The USA for the millionth time.
He says it was the most watched video of his on YouTube (mostly thanks to Philadelphia, the film).

The best example of his sound would be something off Born to Run, probably.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:29 AM   #913
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
He has no energy whatsoever.
I mean, really. What drummer isn't hyper?
Both quoted for truth.

Half the time, Larry looks like he's about to go to sleep, and the other half the time, he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else on the planet. You just don't get a sense that he's passionate about the music at all. At least Bono's got that going for him. And, of course, Edge usually looks pretty lost in the music and Adam's doing the usual "yeah, I'm a cool, relaxed bassist" thing.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-31-2008, 11:29 AM   #914
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
London Calling? I love you, Pfan.
I would love you if I wasn't so frustrated by what A Cloak Infidel Sun means.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:31 AM   #915
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Yes, I agree. I was referring to famous bands, but it is important to remember Larry's better than some amateurs. With all of the bashing he gets, we may forget.
Some of the bands they get to the free gigs are professional. But just judging by the lameness of these guys, I very much doubt they were! I think they basically just played the same song ten times over.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread