Boggus Motor Company, Harlingen, Texas Superthread - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #76
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I'm not sure that question should even be kept at all because of the fact that it's different in many places...
But if we do, yeah, revise it to account for both parties.
Goddamnit, I thought we'd settled this as the final version! But yeah, the wildly varying laws do make it difficult ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Bono should be forced to keep complete media silence. Nobody needs to hear his predictable hype. We KNOW what he'll say. It's getting boring. And I fear it's rubbing off on Edge, who's been more prone to cliches about being "lost in the music" lately ...
Hyping things up is never good.
I guess one of those original band names was very appropriate!

I am just afraid of being in for another let down like Bomb. I like a few songs on there quite a lot but overall, it's definitely not one of my favourites.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Goddamnit, I thought we'd settled this as the final version! But yeah, the wildly varying laws do make it difficult ...
Yeah, I'd have brought it up earlier if I'd been paying more attention.
Perhaps the state I'm in right now isn't the best of which to be asking serious questions...

But yes, the laws do make it quite difficult.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:26 AM   #79
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Hyping things up is never good.
I guess one of those original band names was very appropriate!

I am just afraid of being in for another let down like Bomb. I like a few songs on there quite a lot but overall, it's definitely not one of my favourites.
I want an album with staying power. One that will grow on me, like UF, rather than one like Bomb that seemed great initially and then TOTALLY dropped off.

Oh, and damn, I'm actually 41% on the new test, not 39%. But I will drop to 39% soon.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #80
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Yeah, I'd have brought it up earlier if I'd been paying more attention.
Perhaps the state I'm in right now isn't the best of which to be asking serious questions...

But yes, the laws do make it quite difficult.
Maybe I'll retract declaring this the final copy then, and put #54 up for broader discussion.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:30 PM
Quote:
Bono should be forced to keep complete media silence. Nobody needs to hear his predictable hype. We KNOW what he'll say. It's getting boring. And I fear it's rubbing off on Edge, who's been more prone to cliches about being "lost in the music" lately ...
I'm in the mood to find Adam and ask him questions about the album. He's the only bugger we can trust.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #82
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I want an album with staying power. One that will grow on me, like UF, rather than one like Bomb that seemed great initially and then TOTALLY dropped off.

Oh, and damn, I'm actually 41% on the new test, not 39%. But I will drop to 39% soon.
UF was fucking amazing. It has to be my favourite (aside of the obvious) musically, it just has to. That was the best fucking...*looks at CD case* $6 I ever spent on music!

I like Bomb initially but there were some songs on it I just couldn't stand. Namely Crumbs and A Man And A Woman. Those songs are like nails on a freakin' chalkboard to me. Skip, skip, skip! Thank you very much.
Though One Step Closer is my favourite, period.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Maybe I'll retract declaring this the final copy then, and put #54 up for broader discussion.
Maybe we could drop it in favour of another question? Since the varying laws are different, there's probably not much we can do to make it universal.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:32 AM   #84
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Maybe we could drop it in favour of another question? Since the varying laws are different, there's probably not much we can do to make it universal.
Maybe we could choose a specific jurisdiction (preferably something Superthready) and ask "have you participated in sexual acts that constitute statutory rape in Wherever?"

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 11:34 AM   #85
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Maybe we could choose a specific jurisdiction (preferably something Superthready) and ask "have you participated in sexual acts that constitute statutory rape in Wherever?"
Ah, I didn't think of that.
We could do that. But which one?
Old 07-30-2008, 11:38 AM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:30 PM
hang on guys, I gotta go re-read last night's thread. There was some hilarity i missed.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:38 AM   #87
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
I'm in the mood to find Adam and ask him questions about the album. He's the only bugger we can trust.
He'll probably respond with "I don't know anything about the new album, I just recorded some bass and went home to my spoons!"

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 11:39 AM   #88
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Ah, I didn't think of that.
We could do that. But which one?
I was thinking of Victoria, since a lot of us live here, but I'm having trouble finding anything clear.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 11:40 AM   #89
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
hang on guys, I gotta go re-read last night's thread. There was some hilarity i missed.
Ravva's drunk posting?
Old 07-30-2008, 11:42 AM   #90
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I was thinking of Victoria, since a lot of us live here, but I'm having trouble finding anything clear.
Ah, right. The Aussies and Kiwis outnumber the Americans, right? Plus here, it's different in certain states as well.

Tags
superthread