Boggus Motor Company, Harlingen, Texas Superthread - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:46 AM
Or maybe #58 can go...
I read it wrong the first time.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:41 AM   #47
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I want to keep #70. As I've actually done it.
#68 can go. Or perhaps you can merge the fondling question and add it!
Haha, yeah, I knew you'd want to keep #70. The fondling one has already been subject to a cut - there was one asking about fondling buttocks, but we thought that was rather pointless and excessive. I want to keep both, partly because I lose two points there, while the fetish clothing one isn't about to be lost!

No, seriously, I do think if it came down to choosing between merging the fondling ones and including the fetish clothing, or leaving it as it is, I'd vote to leave it as it is. Happy to discard #58, though.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Haha, yeah, I knew you'd want to keep #70. The fondling one has already been subject to a cut - there was one asking about fondling buttocks, but we thought that was rather pointless and excessive. I want to keep both, partly because I lose two points there, while the fetish clothing one isn't about to be lost!

No, seriously, I do think if it came down to choosing between merging the fondling ones and including the fetish clothing, or leaving it as it is, I'd vote to leave it as it is. Happy to discard #58, though.
I lose those too. But maybe we can merge them?
The clothing question isn't a point lost for me, so really I'm not seeing the point.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #49
Vocal parasite

OK, so it's:

used four or more recreational drugs in one night?
vs
worn fetish clothing?

I vote for the latter. In both cases, it's not a point lost to me, but some other people here think the fetish clothing one is more interesting, and is a point lost to them.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:46 AM
Quote:
And then got so cut up when they broke up that he drunk himself into a stupor and missed a gig! Insane man.

Yeah, I agree with that. I'm cool if they keep Eno around, since he complements them so well, but Lanois has bugged me lately. I wonder if HTDAAB would have come out earlier if Lanois hadn't swung by for a few days after the Chris Thomas sessions and said what he thought of the band's work ...
The psychology of Adam Clayton fascinates me.

What has me worried is how prevalent Lanois has been outside HQ with the fans. Meaning, he's been in the studio with the band a lot. ANd I've seen articles online of him blabbing song titles and such.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
OK, so it's:

vs
worn fetish clothing?

I vote for the latter.
Same.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:46 AM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
OK, so it's:

vs
worn fetish clothing?

I vote for the latter.
me too. Fetish clothing includes drag, right? so that's easily more likely than the other.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #53
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
The psychology of Adam Clayton fascinates me.

What has me worried is how prevalent Lanois has been outside HQ with the fans. Meaning, he's been in the studio with the band a lot. ANd I've seen articles online of him blabbing song titles and such.
Yes, that worries me too. He's clearly been very central to this album, and what especially annoys me about his blabbing to the media is that HE'S HYPING THE ALBUM EXTRAORDINARILY. Now, of course he's not going to say it sucks if somebody asks for his thoughts, but all his high praise about it being the best album basically means it's NOT. Did you see them talking like that before JT? Hell, find me one band where they've talked up an album and it's turned out to be their defining work. I bet such a band doesn't exist. You only talk up an album if you feel you need to build up people to be positively predisposed to it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 10:51 AM   #54
Vocal parasite

Quote:
me too. Fetish clothing includes drag, right? so that's easily more likely than the other.
Well, we do also have:

51. engaged in transvestitism for sexual enjoyment?

I think the fetish clothing thing is more referring to corsets, collars, fishnet stuff and whatnot. But what the hell do I know.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Yes, that worries me too. He's clearly been very central to this album, and what especially annoys me about his blabbing to the media is that HE'S HYPING THE ALBUM EXTRAORDINARILY. Now, of course he's not going to say it sucks if somebody asks for his thoughts, but all his high praise about it being the best album basically means it's NOT. Did you see them talking like that before JT? Hell, find me one band where they've talked up an album and it's turned out to be their defining work. I bet such a band doesn't exist. You only talk up an album if you feel you need to build up people to be positively predisposed to it.
This is not a good sign. First band interview that gets on TV or whatever about the new album, I say we watch Edge and Larry's body language. That'll probably be the most telling. cause Bono's just gonna babble and hype it up himself and Adam never says anything. Ever. But i'm sort of convinced that he doesn't care anymore, so he's just gonna be watching everyone else's reactions to it. So maybe watch him get amused by how everyone is eating up the hype when he knows it's craptacular.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Well, we do also have:

51. engaged in transvestitism for sexual enjoyment?

I think the fetish clothing thing is more referring to corsets, collars, fishnet stuff and whatnot. But what the hell do I know.
Good point. Either way, more likely than the 4 drugs in one night thing.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #57
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Good point. Either way, more likely than the 4 drugs in one night thing.
Yeah, and I think the four drugs in a night question is kind of silly anyway. I've also changed the transvestitism one to simply "engaged in transvestitism".

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm still alive, I swear.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

Whoa. I lost track of my mouse on screen for a sec.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Whoa. I lost track of my mouse on screen for a sec.
don'tlaughdon'tlaughdon'tlaughdon'tlaugh...

fuckit

!!!

Tags
superthread