Boggus Motor Company, Harlingen, Texas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have seen me in the Summer of 2002. I was on my bike and on the path. I saw a train approaching the tracks that I always watch and I raced to get there before it went by. :laugh:

I've done that a few too many times. :shifty:

:laugh:

I routinely choose what route I take to get somewhere by whether or not it follows a railway or tram line ...

:wave:

I just went off about Lanois and MDH again. :lol: Ali...didn't get it. :doh: She didn't get my EAA critique either. Although this rant wasn't as dripping with sarcasm. Still, :der:

Anyways, what's up?

Yes I do, and a camera!
Pity most of what's 'round here is freight though.

See, I want to find more freight to photograph! I've only managed to spot the Long Island steel train here, and that's because it conveniently has to run through the centre of the city. Everything else easily accessible to me is passenger. Though I suppose one day soon I'll head out to Middle Footscray, which I hear has a rocking view of the freight yards ...

Hey Reggo! :wave:

Oh god, EAA. Worst U2-associated song ever. It's enough to make one feel queasy.

:laugh:

I routinely choose what route I take to get somewhere by whether or not it follows a railway or tram line ...
It was a lot of fun though! Boy did it get the adrenaline going.
I'm hoping to be able to go there again sometime. I miss it.

There's not too many 'round here, but here's a plus that happened to me that should've been good luck but wasn't:

Whilst on my way to my first job interview, we got cut off at the railroad crossing by a long arse train. :lol:

Hey Reggo! :wave:

Oh god, EAA. Worst U2-associated song ever. It's enough to make one feel queasy.
You won't hear me arguing. :up:

Gah, I need to vent about this, but not here. Guess I'll have to do it in my blog or something...:hmm:

See, I want to find more freight to photograph! I've only managed to spot the Long Island steel train here, and that's because it conveniently has to run through the centre of the city. Everything else easily accessible to me is passenger. Though I suppose one day soon I'll head out to Middle Footscray, which I hear has a rocking view of the freight yards ...
If I get a camera anytime soon, I'll be taking a bunch and you know I'll be sharing!

...once I figure out how to work the fucking thing.

There's not too many 'round here, but here's a plus that happened to me that should've been good luck but wasn't:

Whilst on my way to my first job interview, we got cut off at the railroad crossing by a long arse train. :lol:

:laugh: Always the way, isn't it? I just keep waiting for myself to be on a tight schedule and get trapped on the wrong side of the tracks at Royal Park, since the tram stops on the Upfield-bound side, so if you want a City train and it arrives before you can cross the tracks, you're stuffed!

Yeah, nobody needs to hear EAA.

Ugh, time to get ready for uni.

Still bitching about Lanois and MDH? :lol:

I'm just hanging around, bored!
Yes! I can't help it, that shits me worse than Paul Anka covering Smells Like Teen Spirit. (Yes, it happened. The abomination occurred on Letterman about a year ago or so. :banghead: So i'm a music elitist. Name a superthreader that isn't!) Long before Serena converted me to U2 fandom, I was a rabid punk fan. Still am, tbqfh, and...ffs, you do NOT do things like that! :rant:

:laugh: Always the way, isn't it? I just keep waiting for myself to be on a tight schedule and get trapped on the wrong side of the tracks at Royal Park, since the tram stops on the Upfield-bound side, so if you want a City train and it arrives before you can cross the tracks, you're stuffed!

Luckily, we left early so I wasn't late at all. Rather early, actually. :up:
You'd think they'd have taken that into account before turning me down for the job... :grumpy:

Being stuck on the wrong side of the tracks sucks! Sometimes you get one with a fuckload of cars and it takes for-fucking-ever! Especially if it's going slow.

Yes! I can't help it, that shits me worse than Paul Anka covering Smells Like Teen Spirit. (Yes, it happened. The abomination occurred on Letterman about a year ago or so. :banghead: So i'm a music elitist. Name a superthreader that isn't!) Long before Serena converted me to U2 fandom, I was a rabid punk fan. Still am, tbqfh, and...ffs, you do NOT do things like that! :rant:
:corn:

I don't think any cover gives me the shits worse than Flyleaf covering Pride.

It sucks not being able to go online during the day right now. I feel like I'm hardly here anymore.

Find somebody who'll pay you to post on the blue crack. Like the Australian government. :up:

Hey Anna! :wave:

Worst cover ever: Avril Lavigne doing System Of A Down's Chop Suey live. Look it up. Laugh your head off.

...what? :ohmy:

They...WHAT?! Oh, for fuck's sake!

PRAY THAT YOU NEVER HAVE TO HEAR IT.
OH GOD.

I had the serious misfortune of catching it while we still had cable on one of those music choice channels and oh geez. Oh god. Oh geez. I wanted to vomit.
It was THAT horrible. I can't STAND Flyleaf to begin with and to cover...Pride?!

I couldn't fucking believe my ears when I heard it! They butchered it so fucking hard. You wouldn't believe it.

That solidified my hate for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom