Bogan Gate, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:

Haha, that is a hilarious scene.

Yeah, I really like II. Nothing beats Rocky vs. Apollo.

I love everything after Adrian comes out of her coma, but the rest beforehand is a snoozefest for me. To each their own. :up:

As long as we agree that V is one of the biggest pieces of shit ever, then it's all good.

The Walk Hard soundtrack is fucking hilarious, btw.

phanan said:

148 songs, 87 different artists used, 58.7%

Thanks. Is that good?

LemonMacPhisto said:

I love everything after Adrian comes out of her coma, but the rest beforehand is a snoozefest for me. To each their own. :up:

As long as we agree that V is one of the biggest pieces of shit ever, then it's all good.

The Walk Hard soundtrack is fucking hilarious, btw.

Thanks. Is that good?

So far, it's second worst. :lol: I edited the previous post to compare to LJT's.

Yes, V is horrendous.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:flirt: :combust:

oh
down.gif

:sexywink:

phanan said:

So far, it's second worst. :lol: I edited the previous post to compare to LJT's.

Yes, V is horrendous.

Oh. :lol:

I don't mind artist repetition, as long as the songs are different, you know?

Thank god for Rocky VI.

Comparing diversity to LJT's list is like comparing the amount of atmosphere with Axver's lists.

It's incalculable.

phanan said:
Axver.

136 songs, 73 different artist used, 53.6%
:shocked:

i wasn't expecting that! i was figuring it'd be me! although if i submit my di v playlist as is, it'll sway the diversity meter way more in my direction. i don't think i'm using a lot of people i normally do.

looking at my list, there's only five songs by the "usual suspects" out of 30.

I don't mean to sound like a braggart, but I'm going through my DI V list, and I think it may be the best list I've ever done.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:shocked:

i wasn't expecting that! i was figuring it'd be me! although if i submit my di v playlist as is, it'll sway the diversity meter way more in my direction. i don't think i'm using a lot of people i normally do.

looking at my list, there's only five songs by the "usual suspects" out of 30.

Well, it looks like you might dethrone him here.

At first I was surprised with Axver, but then I realized that while his playlists are diverse because he uses artists that a lot of us don't use, he does repeat quite a few of them - hence the lower diversity score.

About 2/3 of the songs are the same and its got the same basic structure.

Decided on no Astley track though, mainly because I used the lead-in track in the Symphonic Album track.

phanan said:

At first I was surprised with Axver, but then I realized that while his playlists are diverse because he uses artists that a lot of us don't use, he does repeat quite a few of them - hence the lower diversity score.
uh oh, is mine worse than him? have you figured out what mine is :uhoh:

phanan said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. His lists delve pretty well into a specific genre of music and like you said, stick out from the rest of the lists, but they don't vary as often. As long as he keeps churning out stuff he likes, then it's all good. :up:

KhanadaRhodes said:

well shit. now i look kinda silly.

Never feel silly when you have the chance to Rickroll Interference. If anything, you're making the experience and soundscape of your list more memorable. Your concept may be lacking, however.

Phanan, what did you think of my "separate DI discussion thread in OOC" idea for the next tourney?

LemonMacPhisto said:
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. His lists delve pretty well into a specific genre of music and like you said, stick out from the rest of the lists, but they don't vary as often. As long as he keeps churning out stuff he likes, then it's all good. :up:
:yes: i mean, concepts and all aside, the whole point of this thing was supposed to be music you'd bring with you on a desert island. if that's what he likes, that's what he likes.

and things like pfan using a "greatest hits" kind of thing, i think we'd all be a little hard pressed to not throw in some hits by well-known people if we were making two cds that we'd be listening to the rest of our lives.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Never feel silly when you have the chance to Rickroll Interference. If anything, you're making the experience and soundscape of your list more memorable. Your concept may be lacking, however.

Phanan, what did you think of my "separate DI discussion thread in OOC" idea for the next tourney?
:lol:

if it'll reduce the amount of crybabies, i'm all for it. even though my name isn't phanan :giggle:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:yes: i mean, concepts and all aside, the whole point of this thing was supposed to be music you'd bring with you on a desert island. if that's what he likes, that's what he likes.

and things like pfan using a "greatest hits" kind of thing, i think we'd all be a little hard pressed to not throw in some hits by well-known people if we were making two cds that we'd be listening to the rest of our lives.

Exactly. :up:

There's a growing disparity between newbie lists and vet lists because the vets have used so many of their favorite songs already, so they've gotta keep doing something new each time.

The problem with that is, some stray from the original idea of the tourney and don't allow newbies the chance to succeed, you know?

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol:

if it'll reduce the amount of crybabies, i'm all for it. even though my name isn't phanan :giggle:

I might still be a crybaby next time around, but it's worth a shot.

I'm glad you approve. :up:

We can have a nightly listening party of a list or something. Kind of like what Axver did to my list, but... different. Hopefully. :wink:

phanan said:
95 songs, 64 different artists used = 67.3%

I'm doing this for everyone who has participated in at least three tournaments, btw.
wow, i'm geniunely surprised. i figured my total would be in the 50s.

i actually made myself a spreadsheet at home to keep track of what songs i used when, mainly so i wouldn't use the same songs and risk being disqualified. i wouldn't want to get a playlist done, submit it, and find out after the competition started i'd used a song in the third one or something. which i mean, i wouldn't be pissed if someone pointed it out. i always check that stuff out on my end (for my list i mean), so i'd be like "shit, how did i miss that."

anyway, i think i might look and see what it'd become if i were to submit the fifth list as is. :hmm:

KhanadaRhodes said:

Agreed. While there are artists that have plenty of incredible songs that weren't hits, like the Stones and Beatles, for others you are most likely going to have some sort of hit single involved. And there is nothing wrong with that - if it's one of the best songs from that artist, then it should be that way.

phillyfan26 said:
Thank God I've only participated twice and don't have my percentage listed.

I don't think mini-tourneys factor into the actual DI stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom