Bogan Gate, New South Wales Superthread - Page 59 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2008, 06:00 AM   #871
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Is it cool that I've kind of been observing the conversation but haven't found an opening or reason to come into it?
Well, let me drag you into my favourite topic in the conversation by noting that there's talk of a new tramline in Adelaide being announced in the upcoming state budget. If so, then at least your state budget won't be a total write-off, like the latest Victorian one was.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 06:01 AM   #872
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Make them build a local tram network for you. You've got some Melbourne trams there already.
i wish! aside from the trams downtown, we have buses used everywhere else. once you get this far out east, there's no buses. it's ridiculous. back when my dad first got diagnosed with epilepsy and before i was old enough to drive, he'd have to rely on them, and it'd take him upwards of an hour or more to go about ten minutes because they come by so infrequently around here. i think there's just one bus for this entire section of town.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:02 AM   #873
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Yes, though the alternate SYCMIOYO was absolute SHIT, one of the very worst U2 songs ever.
i don't really like the original either
Old 05-14-2008, 06:02 AM   #874
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212

I haven't heard any of the alt. versions (HTDAAB hasn't exactly got me excited to hear other material from the era) but from what I've heard about them, and based on Native Son, that REALLY sucks.

Were the Alt. Versions released? If they were, coupled with the fact that Native Son was, it almost makes me wonder if it wasn't a unanimous decision to scrap the Thomas material then, and someone at least wanted it all out there That's a 5:00AM conspiracy theory for you.
Somebody's not familiar with the iTunes Unreleased And Rare package, it seems. The alternate versions came with that, along with stuff like Smile, Flower Child, Levitate, etc. For the most part, what they didn't put on HTDAAB was better than what they did. ABOY is a good example - the alternate version has somewhat intelligent lyrics.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 06:03 AM   #875
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

good lord i have to pee, but i'm too lazy to get up and pee. plus it's freaking hot in here, i'm thirsty, and i'm getting sleepy. ahhh, the things you won't do because you're lazy
Old 05-14-2008, 06:04 AM   #876
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i don't really like the original either
The alternate version IS the original, as it predates the album version.

I think both versions are shit (and I reckon SYCMIOYO on U2 3D was the lowest moment, not One!), but the alternate version especially so.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 06:05 AM   #877
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:09 PM
Quote:
Is it cool that I've kind of been observing the conversation but haven't found an opening or reason to come into it?

stalker
Old 05-14-2008, 06:05 AM   #878
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Well, let me drag you into my favourite topic in the conversation by noting that there's talk of a new tramline in Adelaide being announced in the upcoming state budget. If so, then at least your state budget won't be a total write-off, like the latest Victorian one was.
Really? That's pretty cool. What do you know about it, any idea where it might be?
Old 05-14-2008, 06:05 AM   #879
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
The alternate version IS the original, as it predates the album version.

I think both versions are shit (and I reckon SYCMIOYO on U2 3D was the lowest moment, not One!), but the alternate version especially so.
i'm tired, you know what i mean!
Old 05-14-2008, 06:06 AM   #880
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:39 PM
Quote:

Somebody's not familiar with the iTunes Unreleased And Rare package, it seems. The alternate versions came with that, along with stuff like Smile, Flower Child, Levitate, etc. For the most part, what they didn't put on HTDAAB was better than what they did. ABOY is a good example - the alternate version has somewhat intelligent lyrics.
I figured that's what they were from but I wasn't sure, so yes, then I stick to my story. Someone wanted that stuff out there

I should sleep, I have to be to work in six hours

And as far as Tom Petty is concerned. The reason I'm concerned about going is because, he is getting old, and I would regret it if this was it, and I never got to see him. There's enough artists out there that I love that I will never get to see, I don't know if I want him added to the list. On the other hand, I really wanted to go with my dad, and it would be weird going without him, but $400? He's not U2
Old 05-14-2008, 06:07 AM   #881
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen

stalker
Old 05-14-2008, 06:07 AM   #882
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i wish! aside from the trams downtown, we have buses used everywhere else. once you get this far out east, there's no buses. it's ridiculous. back when my dad first got diagnosed with epilepsy and before i was old enough to drive, he'd have to rely on them, and it'd take him upwards of an hour or more to go about ten minutes because they come by so infrequently around here. i think there's just one bus for this entire section of town.
Buses are a fucking useless way of doing public transportation anyway. It's amazing how people saw them as the wave of the public transportation future in the 1940s-50s when they were ripping up tram networks left, right, and centre. You idiots! Fixed infrastructure running on electricity has a greater carrying capacity and higher cost recovery! Buses are only useful on outer cross-suburban routes and country routes that are lowly patronised. Anything approaching medium volumes of patronage or higher should be railed.

/rant

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 06:08 AM   #883
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Buses are a fucking useless way of doing public transportation anyway. It's amazing how people saw them as the wave of the public transportation future in the 1940s-50s when they were ripping up tram networks left, right, and centre. You idiots! Fixed infrastructure running on electricity has a greater carrying capacity and higher cost recovery! Buses are only useful on outer cross-suburban routes and country routes that are lowly patronised. Anything approaching medium volumes of patronage or higher should be railed.

/rant
you = preacher
me = choir

Old 05-14-2008, 06:08 AM   #884
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Really? That's pretty cool. What do you know about it, any idea where it might be?
It would be from the city to Port. It mentioned running down Port Road, but that's pretty meaningless to me.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 06:09 AM   #885
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212

I figured that's what they were from but I wasn't sure, so yes, then I stick to my story. Someone wanted that stuff out there

I should sleep, I have to be to work in six hours

And as far as Tom Petty is concerned. The reason I'm concerned about going is because, he is getting old, and I would regret it if this was it, and I never got to see him. There's enough artists out there that I love that I will never get to see, I don't know if I want him added to the list. On the other hand, I really wanted to go with my dad, and it would be weird going without him, but $400? He's not U2

that is alot for tom petty, but then again i HATE IT when i say no to going to something cos its too expensive and regret it forever.

currently kicking my own ass over missing foo fighters.

Tags
superthread