Bogan Gate, New South Wales Superthread - Page 58 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2008, 05:49 AM   #856
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Chris Thomas was the original producer. Evidently the band and him just didn't get on or something and he was sent packing.
that's crazy. he's worked with some great artists, including their peers. inxs, for one. i'll admit, that's how i first heard of him.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:51 AM   #857
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212
If I wanna go see Tom Petty, BY MYSELF, I'm going to have to pay around $150-200...I don't know if I like him enough to do that...but I did pay $100 to see Bruce, and I paid.... $250 a apiece for my mom and I to see U2...
good lord how times have changed. although the closest i would've come to seeing tom petty was back in...81 i think it was?...when split enz of all people opened for him when they toured here in support of the waiata album.

they (split enz) headlined in canada, btw. just to give an idea of how different the two bordering countries were even back then in terms of music.

and i've never paid that much for a concert ticket!

Old 05-14-2008, 05:54 AM   #858
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

exactly. although i don't know how something like that might benefit me as i live out in the suburbs and work about five minutes from where i live. but if they did such a thing, i'd definitely use it.
Well, it could potentially directly benefit you, if it were built on the route of your journey. But indirectly, it would get cars off the streets, reducing your travel time and reducing wear and tear on the road so that you get a nicer drive that's easier on your car.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 05:55 AM   #859
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Well, it could potentially directly benefit you, if it were built on the route of your journey. But indirectly, it would get cars off the streets, reducing your travel time and reducing wear and tear on the road so that you get a nicer drive that's easier on your car.
hehe yeah, i just meant benefit as in me being able to use it. but if there was a route that went there, i'd use it. might as well.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:55 AM   #860
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:47 PM
Quote:

good lord how times have changed. although the closest i would've come to seeing tom petty was back in...81 i think it was?...when split enz of all people opened for him when they toured here in support of the waiata album.

they (split enz) headlined in canada, btw. just to give an idea of how different the two bordering countries were even back then in terms of music.

That U2 situation was...my own fault, damn if I had only realized that St. Louis was just as far away as Cleveland, I could've seen them for nearly face value, but I took my mom for Christmas, and she had the time of her life, so that's...what's important I spose *triestoforgetthe$500*
Old 05-14-2008, 05:55 AM   #861
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Do you have any idea how much of the stuff that wasn't released (Smile, Native Son, etc.) was written with him? Or was mostly all of it Lillywhite? Just for curiosities sake.
I think Smile was with Lillywhite; if memory serves correctly, it's one of the last songs they came up with.

But things like Native Son and the alternate versions of ABOY, Yahweh, and SYCMIOYO were with Chris Thomas.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 05:56 AM   #862
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
That U2 situation was...my own fault, damn if I had only realized that St. Louis was just as far away as Cleveland, I could've seen them for nearly face value, but I took my mom for Christmas, and she had the time of her life, so that's...what's important I spose *triestoforgetthe$500*
Old 05-14-2008, 05:57 AM   #863
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
But things like Native Son and the alternate versions of ABOY, Yahweh, and SYCMIOYO were with Chris Thomas.
proof U2 have no taste.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:57 AM   #864
Vocal parasite

Quote:
The most I've ever paid to see a band is $106, for Dream Theater.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 05:58 AM   #865
Vocal parasite

Quote:

hehe yeah, i just meant benefit as in me being able to use it. but if there was a route that went there, i'd use it. might as well.
Make them build a local tram network for you. You've got some Melbourne trams there already.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 05:58 AM   #866
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:17 AM
Is it cool that I've kind of been observing the conversation but haven't found an opening or reason to come into it?
Old 05-14-2008, 05:58 AM   #867
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

I think Smile was with Lillywhite; if memory serves correctly, it's one of the last songs they came up with.

I haven't heard any of the alt. versions (HTDAAB hasn't exactly got me excited to hear other material from the era) but from what I've heard about them, and based on Native Son, that REALLY sucks.

Were the Alt. Versions released? If they were, coupled with the fact that Native Son was, it almost makes me wonder if it wasn't a unanimous decision to scrap the Thomas material then, and someone at least wanted it all out there That's a 5:00AM conspiracy theory for you.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:59 AM   #868
Vocal parasite

Quote:

proof U2 have no taste.
Yes, though the alternate SYCMIOYO was absolute SHIT, one of the very worst U2 songs ever.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 05:59 AM   #869
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Is it cool that I've kind of been observing the conversation but haven't found an opening or reason to come into it?
That was a good one...the whole, writing about having nothing to write? clever
Old 05-14-2008, 05:59 AM   #870
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
The most I've ever paid to see a band is $106, for Dream Theater.
i think the most i ever paid is right around there for duran duran. i don't remember what U2's ticket prices are even like these days because i didn't pay for my vertigo ticket. and popmart was pretty cheap, like $50? kinda made up for the fact that i had nosebleed seats but then again i was also 14 and didn't even have my first job yet

everyone else has been right around $50 or less.

Tags
superthread