Bogan Gate, New South Wales Superthread - Page 53 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-14-2008, 04:36 AM   #781
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen



god help the world if that white old fuck does win the election.
are americans that apathetic to let it happen ?
They elected and re-elected Bush, so there is precedent.
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:36 AM   #782
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,607
Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
The Republican primaries were settled a while ago, when McCain got an unassailable lead over Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee.
don't forget ron paul. romney and huckabee dropped out, but ron paul is still in the running but he has so few votes he won't get the nomination obviously. and besides, he's more libertarian than anything, even though he's on the ticket as republican.
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:37 AM   #783
Blue Crack Addict
 
mysterious_jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: U2 360 2010 DOWNUNDER
Posts: 15,556
Local Time: 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2


They elected and re-elected Bush, so there is precedent.


__________________
mysterious_jen is offline  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:37 AM   #784
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,027
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen




BRING BACK JEFF.






i cried the day he was voted out.
Oh God, Jen. He's the primary reason this state's about to go down to the tubes. The way he fucked up infrastructure just leaves me gobsmacked. I mean, I've seen incompetent infrastructural management, but this is easily top five material.

And I don't say that out of any bullshit pro-rail sentiment. I don't do the politics of sentiment.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:38 AM   #785
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,027
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

don't forget ron paul. romney and huckabee dropped out, but ron paul is still in the running but he has so few votes he won't get the nomination obviously. and besides, he's more libertarian than anything, even though he's on the ticket as republican.
I love how some people actually took his candidacy seriously. And now he says withdrawing will confuse his supporters or something. Just how dumb are his supporters?!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:39 AM   #786
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,607
Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
i didnt think they would be too keen to vote for her .

if she drops out do they stop all this fucking state by state shit ?
i know, i guess it was the lesser of two evils. southerners are generally more racist than sexist.

you know, i don't know. i know you need a certain number of votes to get your party's nomination, but i don't know how that'd work if you're running unopposed. i'm sure you'd win the nomination by default. i can't see why they'd make people vote anyway, that'd be silly.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:40 AM   #787
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,027
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

it must've been hard for them to choose a woman over a black person. i mean, her place is in the kitchen, right?

i'm surprised people didn't vote for john edwards out of principle, since he was the only candidate left who was a white man until he dropped out.
I'm surprised they're even Democrats. You'd think they'd be more at home in the Republican Party.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:41 AM   #788
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,607
Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I love how some people actually took his candidacy seriously. And now he says withdrawing will confuse his supporters or something. Just how dumb are his supporters?!
i know, that's stupid. i know so many people who are supporting him, and it's stupid. first, i knew he'd never get far in the election. secondly, the whole libertarian party thing amuses me greatly. libertarian is just a fancy term for young people who are really republicans but don't want to label themselves as such because they think republicans are stuffy old rich people like their parents. but they see themselves as cool young tech-savvy kids who stray from the norm. while 95% of kids in college vote democratic, we're gonna vote libertarian!
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:42 AM   #789
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,607
Local Time: 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I'm surprised they're even Democrats. You'd think they'd be more at home in the Republican Party.
i know. my grandmother is a registered democrat, i wonder who she would've voted for in the primary if she still lived in west virginia (which is highly unlikely, as she moved to maryland a few years ago once her husband's health failed and then moved in with us when he died).
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:47 AM   #790
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,607
Local Time: 07:50 AM
did i kill the thread?
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:48 AM   #791
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,027
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i know. my grandmother is a registered democrat, i wonder who she would've voted for in the primary if she still lived in west virginia (which is highly unlikely, as she moved to maryland a few years ago once her husband's health failed and then moved in with us when he died).
Oh, but that's the whole ... what's the term I've heard? "Dixiecrat" or something? People who were Democrat voters until the civil rights movement precipitated a shift to voting Republican in the 1960s and they've just never changed their affiliation.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:50 AM   #792
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,027
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i know, that's stupid. i know so many people who are supporting him, and it's stupid. first, i knew he'd never get far in the election. secondly, the whole libertarian party thing amuses me greatly. libertarian is just a fancy term for young people who are really republicans but don't want to label themselves as such because they think republicans are stuffy old rich people like their parents. but they see themselves as cool young tech-savvy kids who stray from the norm. while 95% of kids in college vote democratic, we're gonna vote libertarian!
See: the iron horse.

It seems to me a lot of libertarians tend to be extremist idiots who never grew out of the childhood "I DUN WANNA!" attitude. The sort of people who see ANY government as BIG government and throw a hissy fit at even the most sensible things like seatbelt laws.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:51 AM   #793
Blue Crack Addict
 
mysterious_jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: U2 360 2010 DOWNUNDER
Posts: 15,556
Local Time: 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Oh God, Jen. He's the primary reason this state's about to go down to the tubes. The way he fucked up infrastructure just leaves me gobsmacked. I mean, I've seen incompetent infrastructural management, but this is easily top five material.

And I don't say that out of any bullshit pro-rail sentiment. I don't do the politics of sentiment.


nope nope nope. he fixed this state so labor could run it into the fucking ground again like always. and now they will do it to the whole country. i am too scared to even check what the budget has in store now.
__________________
mysterious_jen is offline  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:52 AM   #794
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 81,104
Local Time: 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

lol, yes and yes. he's got an awesome speaking voice, but he loves to ramble.
fair enough. I felt so awkward listening to him talk cause he just kept going on and it was strange.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 05-14-2008, 04:56 AM   #795
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,027
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen




nope nope nope. he fixed this state so labor could run it into the fucking ground again like always. and now they will do it to the whole country. i am too scared to even check what the budget has in store now.
Yes, Kennett's idea of shutting down infrastructure or selling it off to private interests who just want to milk it for short-term profit while running it into the ground is fantastic. Follow that policy and enjoy your over-crowded, potholed roads. Meanwhile, I'll move somewhere populated by forward-thinkers.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com