Bogan Gate, New South Wales Superthread - Page 50 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2008, 03:58 AM   #736
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:33 AM
Quote:
anyway, he would say several times in class (and he meant it) that sweet home alabama should be our nation's anthem. what the fuck.
Oh, that's like here when bogans want Khe Sanh as our anthem. Totally understood.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:59 AM   #737
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
In some ways, the moderating in that section isn't bad at all or, at least, in the most obvious definition of the word; people rarely break out into namecalling or insults. But it's arguably one of the least fun sections of any forum I've ever been on. You have a fucking word document full of bullet points to support your argument, or you'll be eaten alive instantly.

This is also why I agree with you in that discussing politics in person is way better, because you're not expected to have a link to support each of your points, if you get what I mean.
yeah, i agree. if you post a concise post saying why you feel why you do, you risk getting a ton of posts calling you a moron since you didn't link any sources or whatever.

since when is it about facts? when i post, i post my opinion. even in there. i never state my posts are fact, unless it's about me which is of course implied. unless i provide a link, which is rare. but i don't want to write a research paper every time i want to post in that forum. even to be less strawman about it, i don't want to troll the internet looking for a story or two (cuz god forbid you'd link to some news source that's not so reputable, how am i supposed to know what uk news sources are good and what aren't, i don't live there!) every time i post about something.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:00 AM   #738
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:03 AM
You know what Australia's national anthem should be? Waltzing Matilda. It's better than Advance Australia Fair!

The jokes from us Kiwis would be endless.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 04:03 AM   #739
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
It seems you guys don't do the boganmobiles, just redneck utes (er, redneck pickup trucks) or cars that are needlessly big and must guzzle shitloads of petrol.

What cracked me up is that in Australia, some carparks will have special smaller carparks just for little cars, while in Franklin, the two main parking buildings had special parks for LARGE vehicles. Way to encourage people buying idiotic and inappropriate vehicles.
if by the obnoxious, noisy cars you mean like a coupe that sounds like shit, we get that here too. i just call those things shitboxes. they sound like they're falling apart. although to avoid sounding racist, it's usually blacks or hispanics driving them. and even though we have inspection here every year (memphis is horrible in terms of car pollution), most have expired tags because you know they failed inspection.

yet they pull people over for going 31 in a 30 zone

really? i've never seen separate lots anywhere around here (or nashville!) for larger cars. the closest i've ever seen, and i've seen this ever since i was a kid, is tiny ass spaces marked "compact cars only." the funny thing about that? i drive a compact and i'm not sure i'd want to park in one, but the hotel we always stay at in nashville has a spot designated as such, and there is ALWAYS an suv crammed in there. sure, you're really fucking compact.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:03 AM   #740
The Male

Local Time: 11:03 AM
Here's part of another post that would have gotten me suspended or worse. I won't give out the name of the thread this was supposed to be for, or who it's directed to but, rest assured, they deserved this. And I have nothing at all against atheists. Not a damn thing. But this guy was just trying to push my buttons for the sake of it:

Quote:
Yeah, you're an atheist. How fucking brilliant of you. I have a cookie nearby that you can have if you want it. But you're clearly not sharp enough to figure out that no one here really gives a damn what you think about anything, nor will we ever. Make no mistake, even if I were an atheist, this thread would be a complete waste of time and I would treat it as such.

Now.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:04 AM   #741
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

they do. i've seen it posted before on the forums. there's a liberal bias
I honestly don't see any bias in the current modding. yolland in particular is absolutely exceptional. Anybody who's calling the FYM modding biased is clearly somebody who knows they're in the wrong but can't admit it.

Quote:
well sorry guys. the last mod i remember that was conservative was...fuck i forget his name. lol it just went out of my head! but it's someone who was demodded YEARS ago for being a shitty mod. and coincidentally, my ex got banned from the forums for calling said person a cunt although i don't want to dredge up old drama since neither person posts here anymore, i was just mentioning that that's the only conservative mod i can think of that we've ever had.
I don't suppose that was someone called Spanish Eyes or something like that? That's a wild stab in the dark, as I never knew them (so it fits with your "doesn't post anymore" thing), but I recall reading that they'd pushed for The Goal Is Soul and modded it initially, which possibly baseless stereotypes tell me would be far more likely to be done by someone on the right.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 04:05 AM   #742
Blue Crack Addict

hey politics loving whores
Old 05-14-2008, 04:05 AM   #743
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:03 AM
Hello jen
Old 05-14-2008, 04:07 AM   #744
Vocal parasite

G'day Jen.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 04:07 AM   #745
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Yeah, he'd probably fit right in with bogan culture here.
he probably hates australia because of "that guy with the alligators" or whatever ignorant thing he'd say people like him is why i'd never want to go to a high school reunion.

Quote:
I think those people just qualify as racist fucks!
seriously. i look at it like this. the confederacy ceased to exist in 1865 when they lost the civil war. that's 143 years these rednecks have been going around with these dumb flags. i don't know if it's southern pride or what, but it's insulting to me because it's idiots like them that'll make us never be able to get past any intolerance (yeah i know calling them racist isn't tolerant either, lol), what with them walking around calling blacks niggers and such. or locking their doors if they see a black person standing on the street corner when they're at a traffic light. WHY YES, HE'S STANDING THERE BECAUSE HE'S WAITING TO CARJACK SOMEONE! AND HE WANTS ALL 500 OTHER CARS TO GET A GOOD LONG LOOK AT HIM SO THEY CAN BE YOUR EYEWITNESS!! dumbasses.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:09 AM   #746
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

btw, i saw a bumper sticker once in high school that said "you lost. get over it!" with a confederate flag on it. it cracked me up! i wanted to get one too for my car but i was afraid someone would vandalize it. "ain't no bitch gonna tell me what ta believe in!"
Old 05-14-2008, 04:10 AM   #747
Blue Crack Addict

FYM makes pleba look like a productive use of bandwidth .
Old 05-14-2008, 04:10 AM   #748
Vocal parasite

Quote:

if by the obnoxious, noisy cars you mean like a coupe that sounds like shit, we get that here too. i just call those things shitboxes. they sound like they're falling apart.
No, not quite like that. To me, a boganmobile is a fairly bulky car from the 1960s-70s with a loud motor, two exhausts, a bass-heavy soundsystem, and driven by a twat with a mullet drinking VB and singing along out-of-tune with AC/DC. The kind of dickheads who think it's real fucking cool and manly to do burnouts at the lights or whatever.

Quote:
really? i've never seen separate lots anywhere around here (or nashville!) for larger cars. the closest i've ever seen, and i've seen this ever since i was a kid, is tiny ass spaces marked "compact cars only." the funny thing about that? i drive a compact and i'm not sure i'd want to park in one, but the hotel we always stay at in nashville has a spot designated as such, and there is ALWAYS an suv crammed in there. sure, you're really fucking compact.
Typical. And yeah, if I remember correctly, it was the bottom level of the main parking buildings, they were set aside specifically for stupidly large vehicles. Idiots who buy SUVs to take their kids to school. Keeping in mind Franklin's an affluent town chock-full of idiots with too much money to spend on cars too big for practical use, I suppose it isn't a shock.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 04:11 AM   #749
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:03 AM
Quote:
btw, i saw a bumper sticker once in high school that said "you lost. get over it!" with a confederate flag on it. it cracked me up! i wanted to get one too for my car but i was afraid someone would vandalize it. "ain't no bitch gonna tell me what ta believe in!"
Old 05-14-2008, 04:11 AM   #750
The Male

Local Time: 11:03 AM
Quote:
That's hysterical! I can hardly believe those even exist.

The people that shunned Obama in the polls today...I know them, and live among them. They have the worst accent imaginable and are indeed racist fucks by and large.

Now.

Tags
superthread