Bogan Gate, New South Wales Superthread - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2008, 03:13 AM   #706
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Dang, I'm really upset right now. I just typed out two posts in a row for FYM that I couldn't use because they were too profane and inflammatory.

Who wants to see?
Share, share!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 03:17 AM   #707
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:30 PM
Hello Ax

It's taking forever to get through this fucking gate.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:19 AM   #708
Vocal parasite

Are we going to have to share more pictures or something?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 03:30 AM   #709
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:30 PM
i've been gone for two hours and only 13 posts? lame.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:31 AM   #710
The Male

Local Time: 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Share, share!
Here's a rather vague one about how much FYM sucks in general:

Quote:
Damn, threads like this are why FYM is worthless now. Random drive-by threads are made daily (by those on either side) simply to piss off those with a belief system that differs from their own and/or in attempt to convert them (which will never fucking work in a million years).

The liberals/atheists/whatever the fuck they're into write a bloody essay on whatever is being discussed that is never taken apart because the Bible thumpers are too busy quoting scripture from a book the people they're debating with couldn't give two shits about, and this causes the smileys and snide, condescending comments about people's nationalities (American) or religions (Christian) to begin.

And then there's the shock articles made specifically to show how much of a hellhole society is becoming. In those, the first page involves a host of people posting smilies and talking about how little a person can say about a story like this. By the second, the conservatives are requesting blood and the head of the criminal on a stick. In response, the liberals turn a 180 and all of a sudden begin to coddle the criminal. When you say the word "coddle", their response is always "we're just trying to make sense of the situation". Yeah fucking right, you wuss. I'm glad you're not in a position of power, or I'd be able to set your house on fire and all you could do about it is laugh. The other side is just as foolish. Red is my favorite color but, fuck, I don't want to get it all over me like they do.

In conclusion, all of you can fuck off. You're all idiots and I hate you.
The last bit was superfluous because I knew I wouldn't post it anyway.

Now.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:35 AM   #711
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
i've been gone for two hours and only 13 posts? lame.
The bogans with their mullets and crappy beer are scaring everyone. Close the bogan gate!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 03:36 AM   #712
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

you just pretty much summed up why i hate debating politics online.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:37 AM   #713
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
The bogans with their mullets and crappy beer are scaring everyone. Close the bogan gate!
it's hilarious and sad how much bogans are apparently similar to white trash. this sounds like people i know/have known here in the states as well
Old 05-14-2008, 03:38 AM   #714
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

random post: you know what i hate? in the time it took me to open a new tab (which doesn't take long obvs), i already forgot why i opened it. now i'm trying to rack my brain to figure out what i wanted to look up.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:38 AM   #715
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:30 PM
That's a great post
Old 05-14-2008, 03:39 AM   #716
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Here's a rather vague one about how much FYM sucks in general:

The last bit was superfluous because I knew I wouldn't post it anyway.
I agree with a fair chunk of that. It seems to me that basically what happened on FYM was a shitload of extremely idiotic right wingers managed to shit over almost any topic, exhausting both people on the right with their heads screwed on (not that there were many in the first place) trying to pull them into line as well as the lefties who felt like talking to these people was the online equivalent of bashing your head against a brick wall. Accordingly, both groups left and their place has been taken by idiotic and embarrassing lefties to nicely complement the idiotic righties, or tumbleweeds.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 03:39 AM   #717
The Male

Quote:
you just pretty much summed up why i hate debating politics online.
Besides the over-the-top profanity and namecalling, I think it's one of my best posts ever. Too bad I'd get suspended if I were to actually post that in a thread over there.

Now.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:43 AM   #718
The Male

Quote:

I agree with a fair chunk of that. It seems to me that basically what happened on FYM was a shitload of extremely idiotic right wingers managed to shit over almost any topic, exhausting both people on the right with their heads screwed on (not that there were many in the first place) trying to pull them into line as well as the lefties who felt like talking to these people was the online equivalent of bashing your head against a brick wall. Accordingly, both groups left and their place has been taken by idiotic and embarrassing lefties to nicely complement the idiotic righties, or tumbleweeds.
Definitely. I can't believe some of what I'm reading over there. It's unbelievable. My problem isn't simply the constant debating, which comes with the territory, but the vague callout threads that have the tact and wit of an elementary school bullshitting match.

Now.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:46 AM   #719
Vocal parasite

Quote:

it's hilarious and sad how much bogans are apparently similar to white trash. this sounds like people i know/have known here in the states as well
Do they drive obnoxious, noisy cars and have trouble forming one coherent sentence?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-14-2008, 03:46 AM   #720
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Besides the over-the-top profanity and namecalling, I think it's one of my best posts ever. Too bad I'd get suspended if I were to actually post that in a thread over there.
i agree. i can also imagine you getting suspended over something like that. i try to stay out of fym stuff since i don't mod it.

it's a shame though how politics makes so many people...irrational i guess is a good word. i'm not even naming names in fym. any board i've ever been to where there's a politics forum, it's always like that.

it's much more fun discussing it in person anyway, because the other person/people have to respond to your statements/opinions, unless they want to sit there silently like an idiot. it's not like i stonewall people when debating of course. but i've posted a handful of times this year, and i see no reason for me to post there really, unless i become a mod of the forums. and even then, my posts will consist of telling people to behave.

Tags
superthread