Bogan Gate, New South Wales Superthread - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2008, 09:47 PM   #571
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I've only heard one NMH song; didn't see what the fuss is all about as it sounded pretty silly.

Spoon just seemed to be pointless bullshit for indie kids who want to pretend they're listening to something meaningful. Perhaps 'pretentious' was the wrong word, but I got the feeling that if you went to one of their concerts, 9 out of 10 people would be irritatingly pretentious indie rock fans.
I disagree about the "meaningful" point, since it seems they make music for the sake of having a good time - not terrible self-important.

The fans themselves may be pretentious, but you can't fault the band for that.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:48 PM   #572
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:38 AM
Quote:

Interesting to note in this current round that The Fly has a vote while OTH doesn't.
It's probably pepokiss changing his vote each round just to piss people off.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #573
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Really? What was different?
Different arrangement (less funk at the beginning, for instance), stronger ending, about half of the songs were switched out.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #574
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

I disagree about the "meaningful" point, since it seems they make music for the sake of having a good time - not terrible self-important.

The fans themselves may be pretentious, but you can't fault the band for that.
I can't think of a more "looser" album over the last year than Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga. You can't listen to that and think they didn't have a good time fucking around on that one.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:49 PM   #575
Blue Crack Supplier

YLB: New Bowie's up.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #576
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Different arrangement (less funk at the beginning, for instance), stronger ending, about half of the songs were switched out.
That big of a change? Wow.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #577
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002
I'm so sick of work!, and need a change! I think I need to be lazy and go to Uni. I've actually been looking up some courses.

Ax, you could probably help me out. I know I fall under the "non-year 12 applicant" thingy.....I just wonder if it would be harder for me to get in.
I believe it depends on how long you have been out of high school. If your ENTER score is within a certain bracket (I've heard three years, but don't quote me on that), they'll take you on that. However, I expect you might have to sit some sort of exam - even if your ENTER score will be taken, that is probably a good idea anyway if you think you can improve on your ENTER. My friend in Queensland sat the exam as his OP (Queensland's ENTER) was shit; he blitzed the exam and got into uni.

I applied as non-year 12 when I came down to Melbourne, but of course I was coming out of my first year of uni in Queensland, so all they wanted was my OP and my first year results. Different context.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #578
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

I can't think of a more "looser" album over the last year than Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga. You can't listen to that and think they didn't have a good time fucking around on that one.
Exactly. "Don't Make Me a Target" was my Spoon pick this time around.

Yeah, apart from the funk choices, I definitely downgraded my own list with excessive tampering.

Goin' to Bowie.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #579
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Their idea of a good time must be radically different to mine, as Kill The Moonlight is one of the most dull listening experiences I've ever heard. It plods and drags and goes nowhere.

Calling an album Ga Ga Ga Ga immediately puts me off.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-13-2008, 09:54 PM   #580
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

It's probably pepokiss changing his vote each round just to piss people off.

pedokiss's idea of strategy is ... bizarre, to say the least. I love that whenever anybody calls him on it, he just responds with something implying we're taking the game too seriously. No, it's not that, it's just that his conclusions aren't logical!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #581
Blue Crack Supplier

My original opener was a PT track, but now it's an EITS track.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:56 PM   #582
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
My original opener was a PT track, but now it's an EITS track.
I'm very close to not having a PT track at all.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-13-2008, 09:56 PM   #583
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I believe it depends on how long you have been out of high school. If your ENTER score is within a certain bracket (I've heard three years, but don't quote me on that), they'll take you on that. However, I expect you might have to sit some sort of exam - even if your ENTER score will be taken, that is probably a good idea anyway if you think you can improve on your ENTER. My friend in Queensland sat the exam as his OP (Queensland's ENTER) was shit; he blitzed the exam and got into uni.

I applied as non-year 12 when I came down to Melbourne, but of course I was coming out of my first year of uni in Queensland, so all they wanted was my OP and my first year results. Different context.
I believe the RMIT site says, basically If I'm over 21 or over by Jan 1st of my starting year the enter and everything is not taken into account. I think I have to explain why I want do the course in essay format, and then have an interview.

Media Communications has interested me the most so far....but I have a lot to sort out before anything becomes serious.

Thanks Ax.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:57 PM   #584
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Their idea of a good time must be radically different to mine, as Kill The Moonlight is one of the most dull listening experiences I've ever heard. It plods and drags and goes nowhere.

Calling an album Ga Ga Ga Ga immediately puts me off.
Coming from the prog rock guy...

You're missing the fith Ga, by the way. Stop being such a bogan.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:00 PM   #585
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002

I believe the RMIT site says, basically If I'm over 21 or over by Jan 1st of my starting year the enter and everything is not taken into account.

Media Communications has interested me the most so far....but I have a lot to sort out before anything becomes serious.

Thanks Ax.
That sounds familiar. Even if your ENTER is valid, though, I highly recommend sitting the mature age entrance exam, whatever it's called. It will almost certainly boost your chances. It's more recent, which works in your favour, and odds are you'll get a better result on it than your ENTER.

Also, don't go to Melbourne University. The Melbourne Model will just fuck you around. I'm so glad I avoided that, but all new intake gets shunted into that piece of crap.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread