Bogan Gate, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
:lol:

I don't even really feel compelled to try to meet any band members. I don't want to just do some quick "hi, you rule, sign my stuff" thing after a gig or whatever. If I meet someone, I want to be able to sit down and have a good chat with them. And that isn't about to happen. But U2 needs a good talking-to about their setlists!
usually when i meet musicians, it ends up not even being that! i clam up and act like an idiot. :rolleyes:

i hope when i see liam again, if i can meet him again, i won't clam up, cuz i felt pretty comfortable around him when i met him last september.

coolian2 said:
And their choices when it comes to what they do with their albums lately.
let's just scrap what we've been working on and go with an album of ear-piercing radio-friendly crap, because larry doesn't like it! who cares if he's only a quarter of the band and a hundredth of their talent!

coolian2 said:

And their choices when it comes to what they do with their albums lately.

Yes. Whoever ditched Native Son for Vertigo needs to be kicked in the shins.

KhanadaRhodes said:

usually when i meet musicians, it ends up not even being that! i clam up and act like an idiot. :rolleyes:

i hope when i see liam again, if i can meet him again, i won't clam up, cuz i felt pretty comfortable around him when i met him last september.

Tell him to tell his father to play Recurring Dream whenever in Melbourne.

Axver said:

Tell him to tell his father to play Recurring Dream whenever in Melbourne.
hehe, okay :D

i'm bringing crap to have signed by each band (i'm going to see duran duran and liam finn) but i have no idea how likely i am to meet either of them. liam i think i have a good chance of meeting, because at least he might be out selling his merchandise or something.

KhanadaRhodes said:

he's a strange guy, that's for sure. i'll be seeing him this weekend (lol that makes it sound like we're buddies)

I was so disappointed when he sang Take Me Out, and my sister's like, I don't even know who the guy is, but I thought it sounded fine. And I told her, Yeah, but you weren't expecting it to somehow end up sounding like Hungry Like the Wolf now were you?

It was kinda depressing, the Cubs lost, and right after they did, they played Ordinary World and I was like...way to be depressing WGN

coolian2 said:

And hard.

Although if i had creative control and hindsight i'd have put both on the album. Native Son and Vertigo (Native Son Reprise).

It would have been cool.

Nah, put that on the single. I still can't believe that live, they did Vertigo x2 instead of using Native Son.

Axver said:

Yes. Whoever ditched Native Son for Vertigo needs to be kicked in the shins.

Isn't there a story floating about that it was Bono? That he hated the song or something?

bono_212 said:
I was so disappointed when he sang Take Me Out, and my sister's like, I don't even know who the guy is, but I thought it sounded fine. And I told her, Yeah, but you weren't expecting it to somehow end up sounding like Hungry Like the Wolf now were you?

It was kinda depressing, the Cubs lost, and right after they did, they played Ordinary World and I was like...way to be depressing WGN
:lmao:

coolian2 said:
Just finished the season premiere of SVU.

Can the Law and Order franchise please stop the mindfuck episodes.

Was that the split personality episode?

Just when I thought SVU was getting a little played out, that ep sucked me right back in

KhanadaRhodes said:

same here. sure it can be a dominating figure if you elect the wrong people (ahem ahem ahem george w ahem ahem ahem) but when it's right, it's a source of social benefit, like you said. and i do know for things i'd like, such as universal healthcare, they will be paid for by increasing my taxes, but i see it as a benefit regardless. besides, that at least will probably be a wash as i might not need my employer's healthcare plan, which i pay for. and better education, roads, doing more to help the poor, sick, old, all these things just need to be done. they need to be done more. government-run nursing homes are a joke. roads are full of potholes, neighbourhoods have streets with no streetlights. it shouldn't be like this.

and yes, i've heard about the labour party. well actually, are you referring to the australian or uk labour party? because i have heard about the uk's labour party's shift, thanks to tony blair. i've heard about john howard, but looking him up, it looks like he was a member of the liberal party. so i don't know.

Yeah. And even if your taxes do go up, the personal cost to you overall will go down. That's what people don't look at. With such a vast pool of tax income funding the system, it reduces the costs to everyone since you aren't paying huge private premiums for services you MAY need but probably WON'T use. It's not run for profit, but for cost-recovery. I think it is nauseating that things such as healthcare and public transport are hocked off to the private sector and run for profit when they should be run as a service aimed at cost recovery.

Howard was Liberal, who are our right wing dumbfucks (though not nearly as extreme as your Republicans) who are socially conservative, focus solely on the economic short term, and basically don't like anybody who isn't upper class and white. Labour here, as in the UK, has tended towards the centre and our Prime Minister is the leader of the centrist faction. I can deal with it, as I know they're not going to fuck over the less fortunate too much, but it's still not as good as the social democrat faction leading like it used to.

Fuck the right wing. If we listened to them, society wouldn't have made it to the Enlightenment.

bono_212 said:

Isn't there a story floating about that it was Bono? That he hated the song or something?

I thought the story was that he liked the lyrical theme but didn't think it would work as a single or something?

coolian2 said:

Yeah, but this comes just days after the Criminal Intent episode where Goran was committed.

I...have tried to get into CI. My mom loves that show beyond express, but...I don't know. I've watched like three episodes, one being the one where he goes undercover in prison to help his..Nephew? And it was kinda just weird, but, he's been committed? is this long-term? Maybe that's why mom hasn't been talking about it much, she doesn't like that other guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom