Bogan Gate, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:
Here's part of another post that would have gotten me suspended or worse. I won't give out the name of the thread this was supposed to be for, or who it's directed to but, rest assured, they deserved this. And I have nothing at all against atheists. Not a damn thing. But this guy was just trying to push my buttons for the sake of it:

I think I know exactly who you mean, and I hope they go to Fundies Say The Darndest Things because they'd fit right in. I stopped posting on the forums there because of a handful of militant atheists who have axes to grind. I once tried to say something vaguely positive about religious people, I forget exactly what it was but it was in response to somebody posting brash generalisations, and instantly got a response along the lines of "GTFO n00b". Yeah, fuck off. If you can't debate the point and have to call someone a n00b instead, then why should I bother?

how long for christ sake until the us election? this is the most rediculous fucking concept i have ever seen . JUST VOTE ALREADY YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!! get it over with.

LemonMelon said:
The people that shunned Obama in the polls today...

Oh? What happened?

I know them, and live among them. They have the worst accent imaginable and are indeed racist fucks by and large.

Even worse than central Kentucky? Good God, what awful accents. I was amused that on the drive north from TN to KY, the accents got more stereotypically Southern.

Axver said:
:lol: No, not quite like that. To me, a boganmobile is a fairly bulky car from the 1960s-70s with a loud motor, two exhausts, a bass-heavy soundsystem, and driven by a twat with a mullet drinking VB and singing along out-of-tune with AC/DC. The kind of dickheads who think it's real fucking cool and manly to do burnouts at the lights or whatever.
ahh i see. i get what you're describing, i just can't think of any examples right now. but i've seen stuff like that before.

Typical. And yeah, if I remember correctly, it was the bottom level of the main parking buildings, they were set aside specifically for stupidly large vehicles. Idiots who buy SUVs to take their kids to school. Keeping in mind Franklin's an affluent town chock-full of idiots with too much money to spend on cars too big for practical use, I suppose it isn't a shock.
that's ridiculous. luckily, all of the parking garages around here i think are kind of old so they'd have to repaint them all to do something like that. i've actually never been to franklin (i don't think, i believe even when going to the outskirts of nashville the places i went were still in nashville) but my best friend in high school had family there so i know what that place is like. very affluent. bunch of country singers and shit and upper middle class housewives who think they're entitled to driving their huge suvs that seat nine kids and two dogs when a minivan will do the same thing, which also gets twice the gas mileage.

i've been reading articles that the suv bubble has probably burst, and suv owners here in the states are putting them up for sale, losing money on the sales just because they can't afford to spend $80-90 every week to fill up their car. OH YOU POOR BABIES. i spent $25 last MONTH to fill my car up. and it's not even a hybrid.

mysterious_jen said:
how long for christ sake until the us election? this is the most rediculous fucking concept i have ever seen . JUST VOTE ALREADY YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!! get it over with.

It's not until the first Tuesday in NOVEMBER.

The first primary was TEN MONTHS before the election. Meanwhile, Aussie and Kiwi election campaigns take SIX WEEKS.

Good fucking god, people.

Axver said:

Oh? What happened?

West Virginia primary. Obama got under 30% of the vote last time I checked, and many West Virginians were openly saying that they wouldn't vote for the man because he was black. Ernie Shavers was balking at this in the primaries thread.

Even worse than central Kentucky? Good God, what awful accents. I was amused that on the drive north from TN to KY, the accents got more stereotypically Southern.

Just as bad. It's the classic southern drawl, but with less dignity.

LemonMelon said:
:laugh: That's hysterical! I can hardly believe those even exist.

The people that shunned Obama in the polls today...I know them, and live among them. They have the worst accent imaginable and are indeed racist fucks by and large.
i know! i found the sticker online :hmm:

and that's ridiculous. but unsurprising. my grandparents used to live in west virginia (in a small town right by the virginia border) and...everyone i've ever encountered there is sweet, but it's like a whole other country there. very backwoods. very racist. at least here it's a big city, and my state may be red, but my county is blue. i have to hold on to that if i want to keep my sanity :wink: and our governor is a democrat, which isn't bad. even if he's fucked with our medicare :tsk:

mysterious_jen said:
NOVEMBER. first tuesday of november. it's ridiculous. i don't think i've ever seen the primaries go on this long.

lol oops, axver beat me :wink:

Axver said:

It's not until the first Tuesday in NOVEMBER.

The first primary was TEN MONTHS before the election. Meanwhile, Aussie and Kiwi election campaigns take SIX WEEKS.

Good fucking god, people.

NO WAY. NOVEMBER ???????????????????????
:crack:

i thought it would be over sooon
:scream:

at least the daily show and the cobert report will have plenty of fodder to keep me amused for ages !

KhanadaRhodes said:

he probably hates australia because of "that guy with the alligators" or whatever ignorant thing he'd say :rolleyes: people like him is why i'd never want to go to a high school reunion.

:lol: I'd thought he'd like Steve Irwin for being all "brave and manly" or something?

And I'm looking forward to my high school's reunion, just so I can see who's a miserable failure.

seriously. i look at it like this. the confederacy ceased to exist in 1865 when they lost the civil war. that's 143 years these rednecks have been going around with these dumb flags. i don't know if it's southern pride or what, but it's insulting to me because it's idiots like them that'll make us never be able to get past any intolerance (yeah i know calling them racist isn't tolerant either, lol), what with them walking around calling blacks niggers and such. or locking their doors if they see a black person standing on the street corner when they're at a traffic light. WHY YES, HE'S STANDING THERE BECAUSE HE'S WAITING TO CARJACK SOMEONE! AND HE WANTS ALL 500 OTHER CARS TO GET A GOOD LONG LOOK AT HIM SO THEY CAN BE YOUR EYEWITNESS!! :rolleyes: dumbasses.

It absolutely STUNS me that all that sort of shit is still alive and well. FFS. Truly, the Enlightenment was something that happened to other people as far as they're concerned. What a bunch of fuckwits. It's not even worth the time of day dealing with people like that.

mysterious_jen said:
NO WAY. NOVEMBER ???????????????????????
:crack:

i thought it would be over sooon
:scream:

at least the daily show and the cobert report will have plenty of fodder to keep me amused for ages !
i wish! :scream:

i voted in my primary back in JANUARY!!!!!!! now i did early election, but still. my state (tennessee) was part of super tuesday, which was the first (second maybe?) tuesday in february. and now it's may!!

KhanadaRhodes said:
i've actually never been to franklin (i don't think, i believe even when going to the outskirts of nashville the places i went were still in nashville) but my best friend in high school had family there so i know what that place is like. very affluent. bunch of country singers and shit and upper middle class housewives who think they're entitled to driving their huge suvs that seat nine kids and two dogs when a minivan will do the same thing, which also gets twice the gas mileage.

YES.

That's exactly it. It's a fairly nice town, really, but far too many absolute twats like that. And plenty of people who think they're wealthier than they are. You know the sort, lower middle class but trying to look classy and wealthy upper middle class.

i've been reading articles that the suv bubble has probably burst, and suv owners here in the states are putting them up for sale, losing money on the sales just because they can't afford to spend $80-90 every week to fill up their car. OH YOU POOR BABIES. i spent $25 last MONTH to fill my car up. and it's not even a hybrid.

Haha owned. Suck shit is all I have to say to them.

Axver said:
:lol: I'd thought he'd like Steve Irwin for being all "brave and manly" or something?

And I'm looking forward to my high school's reunion, just so I can see who's a miserable failure.
lol, who knows. he just seems like an isolationist who doesn't like other countries. the type who surely supported dubya when it came to bombing them towelheads!

It absolutely STUNS me that all that sort of shit is still alive and well. FFS. Truly, the Enlightenment was something that happened to other people as far as they're concerned. What a bunch of fuckwits. It's not even worth the time of day dealing with people like that.
i know! it's hilarious how some people just choose to hear and believe what they want to. even now with the internet, it's just become worse. because now hate sites pop up, and instead of looking at online dictionaries, (and i don't even mean wikipedia where i could edit the spanish revolutionary war's page to be a war between bono and edge over whether or not they should use the spanish intro in vertigo or not and some 10 year who doesn't know better will see it and wonder if that's true) they see this vile shit and just keep feeding their hatred. it honestly baffles me.

LemonMelon said:

West Virginia primary. Obama got under 30% of the vote last time I checked, and many West Virginians were openly saying that they wouldn't vote for the man because he was black. Ernie Shavers was balking at this in the primaries thread.

Fucking hell.

Seriously. Fucking hell.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

mysterious_jen said:
hey axver how long till we can kick the brumby gov the fuck out of victoria ?

State elections are next year, I think.

Can't say I'm looking forward to it. I'll take an incompetent Labour government over a dangerous Liberal government any day of the week, but I'm not going to be happy about it. I'm very disappointed and pissed off by the recent state budget. Ah well, preferential voting at least means I can vote Green and put both Labour and the Libs very low down the preferences.

No matter who's in power, Victoria's going down the tubes unless somebody with genuine long-term vision comes along.

Axver said:

Fucking hell.

Seriously. Fucking hell.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

I know, right?

It's difficult to believe race is still even an issue in one of the world's most important nations. We can send a man to the moon, but we can't accept that a man with a bit of extra melanin in his skin could be a competent leader. Wow. :(

Anyway, 4:30 AM. Time for bed. :wave:

mysterious_jen said:

:| very very uncool. who did they vote for ? john Mccain???

It's the Democrat primary, so it would've been Hillary.

Axver said:

State elections are next year, I think.

Can't say I'm looking forward to it. I'll take an incompetent Labour government over a dangerous Liberal government any day of the week, but I'm not going to be happy about it. I'm very disappointed and pissed off by the recent state budget. Ah well, preferential voting at least means I can vote Green and put both Labour and the Libs very low down the preferences.

No matter who's in power, Victoria's going down the tubes unless somebody with genuine long-term vision comes along.

BRING BACK JEFF.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

i cried the day he was voted out.

Axver said:
YES.

That's exactly it. It's a fairly nice town, really, but far too many absolute twats like that. And plenty of people who think they're wealthier than they are. You know the sort, lower middle class but trying to look classy and wealthy upper middle class.
lol yeah, we have franklins here too. we don't have a ton of musicians here, though. well actually, there's quite a few soul singers who live here, but that's more of a retro thing. who makes more money today, isaac hayes or rascal flatts? yeah, exactly. but anyway, we've got our affluent suburbs here as well and i see them driving around in the hugest suvs manufactured and they just have this sense of entitlement that humours me. they'll walk into places in their designer sunglasses, on their cell phones (like that's cool? everyone has a cell phone these days), and keep yapping away while they pick up their load o' dry cleaning like that somehow makes them seem important before they go onto their next errand: picking up their daughter bryttanieeeeyyeyeeeeeeiiiieee from the tanning salon. then onto get her belly button pierced. because she's the COOL mom, damnit! if her and her friends want to come over and drink, that's fine because she had a LOSER mom and she doesn't want to be the loser mom :sad:

Haha owned. Suck shit is all I have to say to them.
i know. i don't feel sorry for them. it's sticker shock on a much delayed reaction. they didn't pay attention to the gas mileage? i have no sympathy. i however pay attention to that shit, and it's one reason i'm glad i actually bought my car when i did. i have an 07 model, and the 09 model (i got my car about a couple months before the 08 one came out) has worse mileage because of some tweaks to the look and engine. it's only a couple mpgs worse, but to me that's like $10 more a fillup. and when it's things like me driving to atlanta this weekend, that makes a huge difference.

i can drive to nashville (about three hours) on a full tank and still have gas left. that's awesome.

Axver said:
It's the Democrat primary, so it would've been Hillary.
it must've been hard for them to choose a woman over a black person. i mean, her place is in the kitchen, right? :tsk:

i'm surprised people didn't vote for john edwards out of principle, since he was the only candidate left who was a white man until he dropped out.

mysterious_jen said:

so mc cain is the only guy for the whoever the other american party is ?

:huh:

most powerful nation in the world my ass.

The Republican primaries were settled a while ago, when McCain got an unassailable lead over Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee. The Democrat primaries are dragging on because it's the most agonisingly close race in years.

So whoever wins between Obama and Clinton (and Obama WILL win now, but Clinton won't concede defeat) will be the Democrat nominee and go against McCain in the election in November.

KhanadaRhodes said:

it must've been hard for them to choose a woman over a black person. i mean, her place is in the kitchen, right? :tsk:

i'm surprised people didn't vote for john edwards out of principle, since he was the only candidate left who was a white man until he dropped out.

i didnt think they would be too keen to vote for her .

if she drops out do they stop all this fucking state by state shit ?

Axver said:

The Republican primaries were settled a while ago, when McCain got an unassailable lead over Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee. The Democrat primaries are dragging on because it's the most agonisingly close race in years.

So whoever wins between Obama and Clinton (and Obama WILL win now, but Clinton won't concede defeat) will be the Democrat nominee and go against McCain in the election in November.

god help the world if that white old fuck does win the election.
are americans that apathetic to let it happen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom