Bogan Gate, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, they were interviewing Simon during the 7th inning....I'm curious of his....mental clarity? While he was talking. He was very interesting.

Okay, so this mustache I bought for my Daniel Plainview costume totally came with an eye-patch.

1970s David Bowie from the Ziggy Stardust Tour would be very pleased.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Okay, so this mustache I bought for my Daniel Plainview costume totally came with an eye-patch.

Actually, the same thing happened to me when I wore an eyepatch. It was always, "Look, Bowie's bumped into a door again!"

phillyfan26 said:

Actually, the same thing happened to me when I wore an eyepatch. It was always, "Look, Bowie's bumped into a door again!"

Wear the eyepatch, Bret. Wear the funky, funky eyepatch. Goodbye, Bret.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Daniel Plainview costume?

bono_212 said:

Daniel Plainview costume?

For a history project called Decades Day. We take a character or style from a certain decade, dress up, make a poster, and walk around school lookin' like badasses.

phanan said:

I can't recall the last time I heard the guy speak.

Khan would probably know. :wink:

He sounded like he was high is what I'm saying. It was weird. And the baseball announcer, usually very talkative, got really quiet after he started explaining the history of the song Take Me Out to the Ball Game, as he learned from Wikipedia, since, before last week, he didn't even know how the song went (this is only the second baseball he's ever even been to, he's a cricket fan)

LemonMacPhisto said:

For a history project called Decades Day. We take a character or style from a certain decade, dress up, make a poster, and walk around school lookin' like badasses.

:bow: amazing :D

LemonMacPhisto said:
Wear the eyepatch, Bret. Wear the funky, funky eyepatch. Goodbye, Bret.

The media monkeys and the junky junkies will always invite you to the plastic pantamime. Just throw the invites away.

And don't be afraid to do something completely outrageous.

phanan said:

When the Raconteurs finished their album, they decided to rush release it ASAP, so that leaks could be avoided as much as possible. The album was announced, and next thing you knew, it was out.

OOOOH! I thought they were saying, hey look, they told people when the album was coming out :ohmy: and I was just kind of like :scratch:

phillyfan26 said:

The media monkeys and the junky junkies will always invite you to the plastic pantamime. Just throw the invites away.

And don't be afraid to do something completely outrageous.

So, you showed your penis to the man from the greeting card company.

So, I just read that two shows into the US leg of their current tour, The Cure had already done 48 unique songs.

U2 struggle to play more than 48 unique songs on an ENTIRE TOUR.

Radiohead's been messing with their sets the way I wish U2 would.

Keeping the same group of songs, shifting the order every night, playing a rarity every night.

LemonMacPhisto said:

So, you showed your penis to the man from the greeting card company.

I've used up all my good advice. In fact, I've lost total confidence in my ability to help people.

I think the ultimate person for varied setlists is Neil Finn. I believe that on Crowded House's current tour, they've played almost every song the Crowdies have ever released, plus some new songs and covers. The Finn Brothers tour in 2005 had serious variety too.

Springsteen does sets well. I got to see songs like Candy's Room at the show I went to.

I still want to see Jungleland or Backstreets live at a Bruce show.

phillyfan26 said:

I've used up all my good advice. In fact, I've lost total confidence in my ability to help people.

I'm useless.

Yeah, Bruce doing Darkness and Born to Run in their entireties in one show is insane.

Oh yes, Springsteen's sets are amazing as well.

U2, are you taking notes?

Axver said:
So, I just read that two shows into the US leg of their current tour, The Cure had already done 48 unique songs.

U2 struggle to play more than 48 unique songs on an ENTIRE TOUR.

I think someone said for the rest of the tour after his organist, Danny Frederici, died, Springsteen played 60+ different songs. I think that was five or six shows, I'm too lazy to look. But I'm beating the horse on this topic now I know. Springsteen's just making me jealous now is all. I just wish U2 would do something exciting. Shake it up a little.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Yeah, Bruce doing Darkness and Born to Run in their entireties in one show is insane.

I enjoyed his explanation as to why he did Darkness first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom