Bogan Gate, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:

Wow, 23 out of 30?

Your playlist must be extremely different this time around.

You think that's crazy? My new list has, last time I checked, 33 (out of 38) new artists. :lol:

bumpsad.gif

KhanadaRhodes said:
my new stats would be:

KhanadaRhodes -- 125 songs, 87 different artists = 69.6%

i have 23 new artists out of 30 songs on my playlist. how's THAT for diverse?

Dayyyyyum.

There's a funny farm with our names written all over it.

Axver can get the train set.

Okay, not to sound thickheaded, but I don't understand the title of this thread at all. Or even how it's less funny than Daniel Day-Lewis' mustache on a baby.

Kiwi thing?

Apparently. I don't understand it at all. They keep calling '85 U2 Bogans. I don't know what the fuck that means.

Hey Axver, please explain the Bogans thing to me. How does it work? Tell me how it works.

Keith Bogans plays for the Magic, but that's not funny either. Adonal Foyle, however, is.

20070313_035732_foyle1_GALLERY.jpg

predator.jpg

LemonMacPhisto said:
Okay, not to sound thickheaded, but I don't understand the title of this thread at all. Or even how it's less funny than Daniel Day-Lewis' mustache on a baby.

Kiwi thing?

1. It's a real place.
2. Imagine a town called White Trash Gate or Redneck Gate or something like that.
3. Read the first post.

Axver said:

1. It's a real place.
2. Imagine a town called White Trash Gate or Redneck Gate or something like that.
3. Read the first post.

I'm American, so some of us don't have maps.

Saw the first post, still didn't get it. Oh well, just gotta post until you come up with another funny one.

Also, George Bush does not care about black puppets.

phanan said:
So in my boredom at work, I was playing with stats for DI. The first one was for diversity, which I mentioned yesterday. Here's the full list - it's based on a minimum of three DI tournaments, of which only nine people qualified:

1. LJT -- 131 songs, 116 different artists = 88.5%
2. phanan -- 99 songs, 76 different artists = 76.7%
3. Lancemc -- 87 songs, 60 different artists = 68.9%
4. Screwtape2 -- 90 songs, 61 different artists = 67.7%
5. KhanadaRhodes -- 95 songs, 64 different artists = 67.3%
6. LemonMacPhisto -- 148 songs, 87 different artists = 58.7%
7. BonoIsMyMuse - -110 songs, 64 different artists = 58.1%
8. impy13 -- 93 songs, 50 different artists = 53.7%
9. Axver -- 136 songs, 73 different artists = 53.6%

Is this including stats from the very first edition of DI, where we could use multiple tracks by the same artist? I imagine those of us who competed in that would have weaker diversity percentages as a result.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I'm American, so some of us don't have maps.

Saw the first post, still didn't get it. Oh well, just gotta post until you come up with another funny one.

Also, George Bush does not care about black puppets.

Well, I did give the link to Wikipedia proving it's a real place.

And I thought that song does a rather nice job of highlighting pretty much all important aspects about bogan culture. Maybe it's in far too much Aussie slang for other people to get, though I've successfully used it with Americans before ...

Axver said:

Well, I did give the link to Wikipedia proving it's a real place.

And I thought that song does a rather nice job of highlighting pretty much all important aspects about bogan culture. Maybe it's in far too much Aussie slang for other people to get, though I've successfully used it with Americans before ...

A picture's worth a thousand words, my friend, while Wikipedia is full of lies.

I'm just yankin' your chain a bit, it's no big deal. I just don't think the joke is particularly funny, but that's okay. Life goes on.

LemonMacPhisto said:

A picture's worth a thousand words, my friend, while Wikipedia is full of lies.

I'm just yankin' your chain a bit, it's no big deal. I just don't think the joke is particularly funny, but that's okay. Life goes on.

If Wikipedia says it exists, it must be real! It's how my apartment suddenly acquired a backyard!

We were joking about bogans at the end of the last thread, so it seemed fitting. A couple of others we had floating around were Geebung, Queensland and Lake Minnewanka, Alberta. Got to use Lake Minnewanka sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom