Bogan Gate, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there are some hilarious quotes from Peterrrrrrrrrr and co. in the Best Tour for Bad thread, but I really don't want to have to look for them.

The Sad Punk said:
You're right, Ax - this place is moving crazily slow. Better start posting your photos soon, non?

:lol:

It's no fun when there's nobody else around to partake in picture posting and discussion. It's funny, I easily have the highest post count out of the lot of us, yet am one of the more reluctant to sit and spam.

The Sad Punk said:
I'm sure there are some hilarious quotes from Peterrrrrrrrrr and co. in the Best Tour for Bad thread, but I really don't want to have to look for them.

Yeah, I really cannot be arsed with that thread. You just know what's coming. Those threads used to be interesting - a good way to find quality performances of Bad I hadn't heard before or had overlooked. But now it's just an "OMG HIGH C" fest.

Too dead a thread.

But I've a couple of pictures to share, once they upload. THEY AREN'T TRAINS.

Two pictures from a Darrell Lea shop in Melbourne.

I want to emphasise that I took these on 29 March 2008.

s640x480

s640x480

Christmas is in March now?

phanan said:
On a different note, two weeks until the new special edition of Lightbulb Sun arrives.

:drool:

Oooh. :drool:

I wish it had some cool unreleased stuff, though.

hey guys, i think i have to check out of interference for 10 days or so, except maybe voting in survivor. and maybe posting once in each thread.

:wave:

Axver said:

Oooh. :drool:

I wish it had some cool unreleased stuff, though.

At the PT store, if you bought the special edition there, they gave you a bonus CD with two rare items: a song called "Novak" which had never been on CD before, and the instrumental take of "Buying New Soul", clocking in at over 14 minutes and including roughly four minutes of previously unheard music.

Because the U.S. dollar sucks, it wasn't worth it for me to spend that much more money for just two songs, so I didn't bother. I'll get the regular 2CD set in the local store for cheap, and then just find those two songs online somewhere. I'm really curious to hear that instrumental.

phanan said:

At the PT store, if you bought the special edition there, they gave you a bonus CD with two rare items: a song called "Novak" which had never been on CD before, and the instrumental take of "Buying New Soul", clocking in at over 14 minutes and including roughly four minutes of previously unheard music.

Because the U.S. dollar sucks, it wasn't worth it for me to spend that much more money for just two songs, so I didn't bother. I'll get the regular 2CD set in the local store for cheap, and then just find those two songs online somewhere. I'm really curious to hear that instrumental.

I have an MP3 of Novak, evidently sourced from vinyl. As for the instrumental Buying New Soul, I must admit I'm skeptical, as I think it's the vocals - both melody and delivery - that really carry that song.

Axver said:

I have an MP3 of Novak, evidently sourced from vinyl. As for the instrumental Buying New Soul, I must admit I'm skeptical, as I think it's the vocals - both melody and delivery - that really carry that song.

Oh, I agree, but I'm interested in what the extra music sounds like.

phanan said:

Oh, I agree, but I'm interested in what the extra music sounds like.

Yeah, me too - I'm just skeptical that it will be anything of sufficient interest to make me return to it after the first listen.

I'm looking forward to at least downloading it, though. Buying New Soul is my favourite on Recordings, with the exception of the full version of Even Less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom