Bobos, Sumber, Indonesia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Curse This City much more than Work. Work felt really uninspired. Just so much work work work to not record filler.

yeah, it's definitely better, just, they remind me of one another.

The reason this album isn't my favorite, or at least top 5 fare, is that the five best songs are th e first five tracks of the album. I hate when that happens. (Work's grown on me a LOT).

I am moderately entertained by this album. Back to sleep. - my contribution to the Ocean of Noise entry

:giggle: I don't have anything constructive to write, and it would probably only be about one woman anyway.....

Maybe I should try write something, and send it to you, see what you think?

Hey, it just helps make the blog more well rounded, I don't see any of us writing about Tori.

The reason this album isn't my favorite, or at least top 5 fare, is that the five best songs are th e first five tracks of the album. I hate when that happens. (Work's grown on me a LOT).

Got to disagree there. Song Away and Curse This City are considerably superior to the first four tracks, besides Too Fake's chorus.

Got to disagree there. Song Away and Curse This City are considerably superior to the first four tracks, besides Too Fake's chorus.

Maybe I should rephrase. The first five songs are the singles. (They released a lot of singles over the last year, since, as you know, this album has already come out once). Though now that I think about it, I think Work was Learn to Lose's b-side.

Maybe I should rephrase. The first five songs are the singles. (They released a lot of singles over the last year, since, as you know, this album has already come out once). Though now that I think about it, I think Work was Learn to Lose's b-side.

Ah, right. By the fourth track, I don't know, I was finding it getting a bit mediocre, but from Song Away it's picked up.

:doh: I'm so sorry. The Hi-Fi Bar....fuck, sorry :lmao:

:lol: Ah, well, they've got a good venue then! I was expecting you'd say the Corner or the East Brunsy, but the Hi-Fi's quality.

Actually, both the gigs you're eyeing off that day are at good venues.

Does anyone listen to Neko Case? Saw a gig for her on the HiFi Bar website as well. Sounds interesting.

I agree with Ashley, we need some Tori obsessives on the blog; we already have every other genre in existance

Well okay. I have wanted to write something for the blog, its just been finding the time. Plus I haven't written for anything since high school, so it might be interesting!

Fuck.

Out of Moscato.

star-wars-vader-orly-owl-nooorly1.jpg

Holy fucking SHIT, Devin Townsend's coming to Melbourne in March!

/music-only-ax-likes

This album really does veer erratically between mediocre and unexpectedly inspired. Preacher could hardly prove my point more.

Well I was wondering if anyone else had, and was gonna ask did ask who/what she sounds like....

Oh, I see. Well, I only know Middle Cyclone. She's folk-rock, full stop. I wouldn't go as far as to classify her as country, but her music is...rustic, I suppose you could say. The most important part is that her voice is AWESOME. Similar artists? Maybe Emmylou Harris, The Band, that sort of thing.

Oh, I see. Well, I only know Middle Cyclone. She's folk-rock, full stop. I wouldn't go as far as to classify her as country, but her music is...rustic, I suppose you could say. The most important part is that her voice is AWESOME. Similar artists? Maybe Emmylou Harris, The Band, that sort of thing.

A wise guy eh? Well I don't know either of those artists you listed (are you surprised? :) ) I shall listen to some previews on iTunes in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom