Bobos, Sumber, Indonesia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As for Flagg... he's a well traveled shit-stirrer. Where there's trouble, he tends to be there, and he works for the Crimson King, so that doubles his dastardly duties. His ability to use sorcery of whatever sort to travel between dimensions helps him easily end up in various places.

AND NO HATING ON EYES OF THE DRAGON, ASHLEY. It's really good and involves a dollhouse, kthx. Plus he wrote it for his daughter because she didn't like his previous gory-scary books.

It's THAT that idea of him as a "shit-stirrer" that makes me find him less significant overall. I don't quite get it. Plus, then you mention characters from The Dark Tower and I just feel like "Robert Smith Cannot hear you".

That's probably one of the main reasons I find it HILAAAAAAAAAAAARIOUS. Liek I said last night, I like the story, I hate the writing style.

Also, Ash, if Wizard & Glass is bothering you that bad, you can skip over the backstory and go straight back to the ka-tet. I found it to be easier to read the second time around, when I wasn't in such a rush to get back to the main characters. It would've made a good stand-alone book.

I love you.

I hoped someone noticed that.

Yep. Only nine tracks on the album ...?

11 :(. shit

Also, Ash, if Wizard & Glass is bothering you that bad, you can skip over the backstory and go straight back to the ka-tet. I found it to be easier to read the second time around, when I wasn't in such a rush to get back to the main characters. It would've made a good stand-alone book.

You know my OCD won't allow for that.

There's some nine track 2008 demo of Mind Chaos and that's what I downloaded? UGH.

Best part is, the blog I downloaded it from gives all the 2009 details and you wouldn't know until you've downloaded it that it's different.

:crack:

What now, then?

I'm thiniking of possibilities. Most of them involve streaming, but that will not work on your interwebz will it.

Ugh, it's just like, every chapter I'm just like "GET TO THE FUCKING POINT STEPHEN!"
Bless :lol:

What year is it from, btw? Mid-80s, right? I was reading On Writing recently and have began to wonder if/how much his writing changed after he got sober in the late 80s :hmm:

I'm reading Cujo right now (it's making me want a St. Bernard, which is kinda absurd) and he's said he actually doesn't remember writing it, he was so wasted at the time that it's all a blur, which he regrets because he likes looking back on his memories of writing each book.

EDIT: Eyes of the Dragon is from 1987, same year as his intervention.

I'm thiniking of possibilities. Most of them involve streaming, but that will not work on your interwebz will it.

If it's just the song on YouTube with the cover and no actual video, those never require much bandwidth and I can keep browsing.

You folks don't have this original version? And if it's from 2008, why are we considering it as a 2009 album then?

Bless :lol:

What year is it from, btw? Mid-80s, right? I was reading On Writing recently and have began to wonder if/how much his writing changed after he got sober in the late 80s :hmm:

I'm reading Cujo right now (it's making me want a St. Bernard, which is kinda absurd) and he's said he actually doesn't remember writing it, he was so wasted at the time that it's all a blur, which he regrets because he likes looking back on his memories of writing each book.

EDIT: Eyes of the Dragon is from 1987, same year as his intervention.
Like I said hte other day, the only thing that bothers me THIS MUCH about Eyes of hte Dragon is how childish the writig-style is, but, given what you've just told me, I give it a bit of a break, just as I do the same for Tommyknockers and Dreamweaver.

Drugs are bad mmk?

If it's just the song on YouTube with the cover and no actual video, those never require much bandwidth and I can keep browsing.

You folks don't have this original version? And if it's from 2008, why are we considering it as a 2009 album then?
Sure, let's try that, let me ssee if Ican find it in playlist form.

The album came out in 2008 but it's not the FULL albumfor one thing. For another, no one really heard it. For a third, they were signed with ...interscope? Capitol? and said record company quickly took the album down so they could revalmp it and rerelease it. I think they were thinking, as was I, that Hockey was going to be HUGE.

Just so you folks know, Skippy likes Mexican cuisine. I'm cooking tacos with kangaroo mince.

(I'm really just posting this to horrify Ashley. Mmm, 'roo.)

Char- On Writing starts out really good then kinda trails off. The best parts are him talking about growing up and getting started in his career, but once the book switches over into exercises and writing techniques, it's a little snorey, unless you really want to learn.

Ash- Yeah, I'm not looking forward to reading The Tommyknockers, everything I've heard about it was bad. And I haven't read Dreamcatcher yet either. Although at least for the latter, he had a reason to be on drugs (getting run over sucks, I imagine.)

Back
Top Bottom