Bobos, Sumber, Indonesia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A wise guy eh? Well I don't know either of those artists you listed (are you surprised :) ) I shall listen to some previews on iTunes in a bit.

JUST DON'T LISTEN TO THE LAST SONG ON ,MODDLE SCYLEONE!

GOD HELP YOU lF YOU LISTEN TO THE LAST TRACK ON MYIDDLE SCYLEONE!

This album really does veer erratically between mediocre and unexpectedly inspired. Preacher could hardly prove my point more.

Erratic is a really great word for this album. The band has no idea what they want to do, and the songwriting is pretty inconsistent. I'll give them their inspired moments, but they need to pick a sound at some point, or they'll likely become a novelty and nothing more.

Ok, now for a Hockey song I haven't heard before!

Does this mean I have to delete some posts in the 'album you just listened too' thread, because I've never listened, technically in full before.

JUST DON'T LISTEN TO THE LAST SONG ON ,MODDLE SCYLEONE!

GOD HELP YOU lF YOU LISTEN TO THE LAST TRACK ON MYIDDLE SCYLEONE!

I had never been curious about Neko Case's music until this post.

I gotta go guys, later

And guys Rage Against the Machine for Christmas number one single!

I saw that! I hope they get the #1, haha.

Have a good one. :wave:

Ok, now for a Hockey song I haven't heard before!

Does this mean I have to delete some posts in the 'album you just listened too' thread, because I've never listened, technically in full before.

I love this song :( Shame it means the album is over.

:laugh:

Erratic is a really great word for this album. The band has no idea what they want to do, and the songwriting is pretty inconsistent. I'll give them their inspired moments, but they need to pick a sound at some point, or they'll likely become a novelty and nothing more.

Yeah, I feel like I've heard ten different things, and none of them a complete album. They seem to be able to do choruses decently enough, but some of the seemingly hasty, ill-thought-out verses really cost them (see: Too Fake).

I was hoping there'd be more Song Aways on here, but no, that really does stand out very obviously from the pack.

Yeah, I feel like I've heard ten different things, and none of them a complete album. They seem to be able to do choruses decently enough, but some of the seemingly hasty, ill-thought-out verses really cost them (see: Too Fake).

I was hoping there'd be more Song Aways on here, but no, that really does stand out very obviously from the pack.

This is why I'm so excited for whenever they put out a second album. I have faith that it will be far far better, and I alreayd love this one.

Jesus, Song Away is a good song. :listens again:

Well, cheers for making that possible, Ashley! :up:

I reckon the start of the album is pretty weak, but it picks up with Song Away, and tracks like Curse This City, Preacher, and Put The Game Down are other good moments. Hope they can just focus in future and play more to their strengths. Diversity is well and good, but not at the expense of what you do best.

Random, but one of my friends just met Patrick Wolf again :lol:

She first met him in sydney about a week ago, and as he walked into the venue tonight he said "Hi Linda" :laugh:

Daniel, see my last.fm. I hope you are content now!

Meyers: As Roger Meyers Jr., the owner of the park, I'd like to thank
you for stopping the killer robots, and to show my appreciation,
here are two free passes.
Homer: But there are five of us.
Meyers: [angry] Here are two free passes!
Homer: That's better.

I'm loving the previews of Neko Case. Travis, I know it probably doesn't matter too much. But is there an album I "should" start with?

Or just go with Middle Cyclone?

Traviud, if you're still out there. You. Me. John if he's around. Hellyeah. Alcohaulin' Ass. Sometime this week.

Y/Y?

Oh yes, the Rate The Song Series is back after a minor hiatus. Now to vote ...

Back
Top Bottom