Bobby Brown's Kids are off the Hook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numb1075

ONE love, blood, life
If this silly little story doesn't belong in B&C, please move, thanks !!

Whitney Houston's husband, R&B crooner Bobby Brown, has enough troubles, but he should check out what his kids are up to on the Internet.
He might need a tranquilizer after reading the myspace.com profile of his 16-year-old daughter, LaPrincia - whose mom is Brown's ex-girlfriend Kim Ward.

The teen, who lists her favorite alcoholic beverage as Smirnoff raspberry vodka, entertains a battery of off-color questions:

"Would you ever be an exotic dancer?"

"Ohh yess," LaPrincia answers.

"Have you ever danced like a whore?" "Yess all the time."

More innocently, she also confesses to streaking, kissing a girl and skinny-dipping.

Fourteen-year-old Bobby Jr. - also Ward's child - boasts on his myspace.com profile: "i can read but i choose not to."

Twelve-year-old Bobbi Kristina, Bobby's daughter with Whitney, used the toe-curling screen name "nimpho babby," and wrote: "i love swimmin with hot guys lol (memories), i love makingout, i love cheerleading, i love driving, and last but not least i love BOYS, BOYS, BOYS!!!!!!!!" Her profile was removed recently after bloggers outed her celebrity parentage.

MrBrau1 said:
Children of the rich.

Actually, its more like the children of self absorbed crackheads who provide no supervision. I think kids acting like idiots on myspace crosses all economic lines.

I think there should be an age limit on the Internet.....like there is an age limit for driving, voting and drinking.....no kids allowed on the internet until age 16.

it would be impossible to enforce an internet age limit.

Bono's American Wife said:
I think kids acting like idiots on myspace crosses all economic lines.

indeed. it has absolutely nothing to do with kids being rich or not, as brau stated above. kids are all over myspace like flies on shit and i hate it every time i see my own on there.

i hate myspace so much, in fact, that when i discovered it could be accessed from the young person's areas of the library district i work for i single-handedly campaigned to get it blocked, and it was - at all twenty-five branches.

i've seen my own daughter's friend's profiles and they're shocking. i'd like to say that it's nothing more than typical teen behavior but, unfortunately, it's much too dangerous to be dismissed.

i know it's totally unrealistic, but i would love to see myspace pulled from the web completely.

i agree bg

i coach approximately 40 swimmers aged 13-19 and they are ALL over this shit.

they constantly tell me about their "friends" who literally have completely nude pictures of themselves on myspace

its sick and it should be against the law

it's almost unbelieveable how predator central that place is.

the search feature not only lets you narrow it down by age but by mile-radius from your own zipcode. and what these kids don't get is that it's SO easy to figure out which ones are younger than they claim to be.

but this thread wasn't about the evils of myspace, i suppose. it just makes me so mad.

bonosgirl84 said:
but this thread wasn't about the evils of myspace, i suppose. it just makes me so mad.

in some ways it is though.

I remember when I first heard about myspace I thought it would be a good place to check out bands...and in some ways it is. But it's just soooo sleazy I hate going there. I can't imagine parents letting their children on it if they know what's going on there.

indra said:
I can't imagine parents letting their children on it if they know what's going on there.

i mean what i'm about to say very sincerely. it is so difficult, even as an extremely responsible parent, to keep one hundred percent track of what your kids are doing at all times.

because even if you keep them off of the internet at home or monitor what they're viewing, and even if you block every children's library in the country, there are still trips to friend's houses and times when you're not around, especially as a single parent. i'm not making excuses, i'm just talkin' to ya...

i run a history every week of what's been looked at on our computer but i can't do that on some other mom's computer. and i certainly can't deny a child a normal social life which, naturally, consists of spending time at other people's houses.

it's exhausting sometimes. it really is.

sometimes i almost envy people who don't have to deal with these kinds of issues day in and day out.

I agree you can't, and probably shouldn't, block everything, even some sleazy stuff. But I do think if parents make the effort to know what is going on in their child's life and surroundings and discuss their values etc., with her/him/them, they will be more able to resist the pitfalls facing them (such as at their friends houses).

So I didn't mean parents could completely control what their children do, see or hear. But parents can do just what you are doing, and if they discuss why they are doing it in a rational manner and assure their child it isn't because they hate her/him, but because they love them and don't want them to get hurt, I really do think it can help. I do think most kids do care what their parents think and they do put more stock in that than most people think.

Doing the best you can, and letting your child know how much you care, goes a long way toward helping your child develop into a decent, thoughtful person. From what I've read from you I think you're doing great and your daughter is and will continue to be a fine person. :yes:

very nice post, indra, and i wholeheartedly agree.

sometimes you'll hear such easy solutions from people who don't have children, in life and here on the boards (i didn't get that at all from your post, i'm just touching on another point here) people say things like, "just stop them from using the web" or "if parents were watching their kids" and it can be frustrating.

i also agree that it isn't healthy to block every bad thing they see or hear. better to teach them to be smart, and to be aware. and talk. talking to children is the most importatnt thing a parent can do.

thank you for that last thing you said there, it's quite a compliment. it's not an easy thing, being a parent. sometimes i wonder myself how the hell i'm doing it.

Back
Top Bottom