Bob Seger!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Back in '98 I used to listen to the Armageddon soundtrack more than usual (yeah I know it's not that great but it's got some good tunes), I was just getting REALLY INTO music (again yeah I know I'm so young and blah, blah, blah...) and there was this song Roll Me Away from Bob Seger that I really liked but I never paid much attention to the guy, just the song. Anyway I stopped listening to that cd and got into U2 and eventually a billion other bands!!!! :hyper: So a few weeks ago I listened to that soundtrack again after a few years and I got into that song again so I decided to check Bob Seger out, I downloaded some of his music and WOW he is amazing! I don't know much but Katmandu, Old Time Rock N' Roll (I already knew this song but didn't know it was his), Sunspot Baby, Like A Rock, Hollywood Nights and a few others are amazing songs!!! :up: He has a little Bruce Springsteen kind of feel, I really like his voice and one of the best things about him is that he's got a lot of guitars in his songs! When I go to NYC in July I'm definitely going to buy his two part best of. I was wondering if anyone here is a Bob Seger fan and if you know any good cds from him that you think I should buy. :yes:

My mom introduced me to BS 25+ years ago and he is still one of my all time favorites.

The 2 Best of CD's are great but Night Moves is the CD I would highly recommend :up:

Some more great songs: Rock & Roll Never Forgets, Turn the Page, Against the Wind, Still the Same (my all time fave)

My dad loves Roll Me Away...always makes me think of him when I hear it :)

Live Bullet is :up: (especially Travelin' Man and Beautiful Loser).

What else...I've always liked Main Street for some reason...but I'm not ashamed to say that I dig Seger.

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:
My mom introduced me to BS 25+ years ago and he is still one of my all time favorites.

The 2 Best of CD's are great but Night Moves is the CD I would highly recommend :up:

Some more great songs: Rock & Roll Never Forgets, Turn the Page, Against the Wind, Still the Same (my all time fave)

:up:

~LadyLemon~ said:

I'm not ashamed to say that I dig Seger.

That's nice. :up: It's an awesome song!!

I would never be ashamed to say that now I'm a Bob Seger fan cause that's not only good music but good rock n' roll music! :yes:

Thanks for the tips so far. :hug: :hug:

~LadyLemon~ said:

Live Bullet is :up: (especially Travelin' Man and Beautiful Loser).

What else...I've always liked Main Street for some reason...but I'm not ashamed to say that I dig Seger.

Beautiful Loser is a great song :yes: :up:

Against the Wind always makes me think of my Dad :)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
My Dad had all of his albums and always used to tell me how he partied with him once back in the 70's, lol.

My cousins in Pontiac used to tell me the same thing! :laugh:

I'm a Bob Seger fan too.

My favourite albums are 'Stranger In Town', "Night Moves' and the live album that I can't remember the name of.

I was lucky enough to see him in concert once and he was great.

He tore the fucking place down when I saw him at Pauley Pavilion at UCLA in the late (or mid) 70s. Poor, inept Sammy Hagar had the misfortune to be the opening act, with his Sesame Street "Red" song. :rolleyes: Bob and the Silver Bullet band came on and that place was in danger of collapsing! So was most of the audience when he was through with us. It was one of the best concerts I have ever been to. As for albums, I think the only one I have is the live one, although there may be others on vinyl somewhere in this very room.

I haven't heard tons of stuff by him, but I do like what I have heard. A bunch of the songs mentioned here are good ones of his. And "Main Street"...:heart:. God, that song's awesome.

Funny story my dad told me about "Turn The Page"-a few years back, when our family was still living in Iowa, my dad had come down to Nebraska for something involving his workplace. As he was heading back home, he'd gotten just east of Omaha, and "Turn The Page" came on, and here he is, driving alone on the road late at night, with Bob singing the opening line about being on a lonesome road east of Omaha. He thought that was rather eerie.

The one song of Seger's that I've never cared much for was "Like A Rock"-probably because I always associate it with the truck commercials and all that, and I've just never gotten into that song. But other than that...yeah, I like his music. :).

Angela

Thanks for posting on this thread everybody. :hug: I?ve been listening more and more to Bob Seger lately, I think I will be a big fan, I just have to buy his stuff. Thanks to everyone who shared stories about Bob, I guess you can tell when an artist is good in what he does when people have stories about him. :yes:

By the way has anyone ever heard Metallica?s version of Turn The Page? It?s great!! :hyper:

:wave:

Ah!!! I had been trying to remember what songs he did when I first saw this thread. I really like 'Turn the Page', great song. Other than that, 'Like A Rock' is probably the only other of his songs I can think of. What are some more of his more popular songs?

u2popmofo said:
Ah!!! I had been trying to remember what songs he did when I first saw this thread. I really like 'Turn the Page', great song. Other than that, 'Like A Rock' is probably the only other of his songs I can think of. What are some more of his more popular songs?

*Night Moves :up:
*Against The Wind

And pretty much everything else mentioned in this thread :wink:

My personal favorites are Roll Me Away, Night Moves, Turn the Page, Main Street, Katmandu, Traveling Man, Beautiful Loser and Hollywood Nights. I cannot stand Old Time Rock and Roll. Guess I've heard it too many times in my life....

I like him. My ex-boyfriend was a huge, huge fan (although I liked Seger long before I met him). It was a bit hard to listen to BS for a while after we broke up because it reminded me too much of my ex!

I mainly like Seger's earlier stuff, but I also dug "Like A Rock" until the Chevy commercials ruined it. Oh, and his version of "Little Drummer Boy" on the first Very Special Christmas album kicks ass. :up:

Back
Top Bottom