Bob Dylan: No Direction Home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joyfulgirl

Blue Crack Addict
Anyone catch this excellent Scorcese documentary on PBS this week? It was riveting. If you missed it, it's rerunning throughout the week (check your local listings) and is also out on DVD. Netflix has it. The live footage of the young Dylan is just extraordinary. I highly recommend it. Even if you aren't a Dylan fan, it is a fascinating look at an important time in music history.

How cute was he?? Had I been a wee bit older and saw him live in the 60s I would have dropped out of school and followed him to the ends of the earth, lol. His genuis really comes through in that footage. Watching him perform some of those brilliant, wordy songs, then realizing he was only like 20 just blew my fucking mind all over again. Never a big fan of his voice, I found myself totally loving it when I could see him singing. Plus, he was actually so likable! I may have to buy the DVD for the bonus stuff.

I thought that documentary was amazing..I loved the way Bob Dylan handled the press and fans with the ultimate coolness:cool: some of Bob Dylan songs are so insperational he is one of the best singer/songwriters in history.:up:

no words to describe it, i definitely made sure i watched it and recorded it on tivo as well. it was definitely a lot more insightful than say "Dont Look Back", which I own and enjoy, but this was very much superb. :up:

bob dylan didnt want them to go past the motorcycle accident....
my guess is thats about where his book ends off and i know there's more volumes on the way....but thats just my conclusion

anyone know the official reason for this?

martha said:
I was thinking about buying it. Even though I don't even watch the U2 dvds I have. :|

It's worth it. You'll love it and it's a nice thing to have in you R&R library.

Back
Top Bottom