Bob Dylan has the #1 record in America.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060906/music_nm/sales_dc

Pretty fecking cool.

Bob Dylan has the #1 record in America. Feels so strange saying that. He's up against some sexy/flashy stuff (Christina Aguilera/Jessica Simpson/Method Man), but wrinkly old Bob Dylan has the #1 record in America. This is a wonderous world we live in.

It's a really good record. Go buy it, along with "Time Out Of Mind (1997)" and "Love And Theft (2001)."

Bob's on a fecking roll.

Incredible!

Mr. Brau, your post is one of the best written ones in here. I agree that his last three are worthy of everyone's time and money.

I haven't picked up the album yet, but I plan to next time I'm out. What I've heard of it on iTunes is phenomenal, and I was so glad to see that it had reached #1.

I've seen him four times in the last eight years, and he's brilliant. He's not compromising--he's making music the way he wants to, not caring if he's following the latest trends or if it will be marketable.

The article about him in the last issue of Rolling Stone was quite good, too.

Too bad the new Justin Timberlake album comes out next week. Bob's reign at the top is probably going to be short-lived :(

Ain't talkin', just walkin'
Through the world mysterious and vague
Heart burnin', still yearnin'
Walkin' through the cities of the plague

:drool:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
he's bringin' FolkyBack

:giggle:

I'd take Dylan (even weird 80s gospel Dylan) over Justin Timberlake any day, as I think anyone with sense would. But, Billboard charts aren't known for their sense.

I saw him in concert just before Love and Theft came out. It was an incredible show. He played a lot of the "hits," if you will. I was surprised, actually.

phanan said:
I'm shocked that Dylan only has four number one albums over his entire career...

I'm not.

Never overestimate the music-buying taste of the American public.
:(

Last edited:
I just saw his iTunes commercial. It's way cool. I'm glad he did one too, especially after the RHCP gave U2 crap for doing theirs.

I'm REALLY enjoying the following tunes:

Workingman's Blues #2
Rollin' And Tumblin'
Thunder On The Mountain
Beyond The Horizon
Nettie Moore
Spirit On The Water

The whole record has LOADS of hiss. Bob did it old school.

MrsSpringsteen said:
That's great, but yeah it will be over once the Timberlake CD comes out

It's all relative. Will people be excited to hear JT at 60 years of age? Will JT make a great record at 60? Will JT still be recording at 60? These questions all have a simple answer.

Nope.

MrBrau1 said:
I'm REALLY enjoying the following tunes:

Workingman's Blues #2
Rollin' And Tumblin'
Thunder On The Mountain
Beyond The Horizon
Nettie Moore
Spirit On The Water

The whole record has LOADS of hiss. Bob did it old school.

I'm really into Workingman's blues #2 and nettie more

those two are far and away the standouts of the album for me, the rest is pretty solid though

although beyond the horizon, when the deal goes down and ain't talkin' haven't been clicked for me yet

4:55 = shortest tune on the album.

A few six minutes numbers, a couple of sevens, an eight.

Dylan rambles on in a good way.

Back
Top Bottom