Bob Dylan announces summer tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess he's not touring with an opening act, since I still haven't seen one announced. That's kind of disappointing, since he always chooses such great openers.

Only three more weeks until I see him :hyper: I'll have seen him as many times as I've seen U2 after this show.

Ok, just scored a pair of nice seats. I'm taking an older friend who used to see him in tiny clubs in Australia and England back in the 60s. :drool:

Great show in Abq last night. We've had torrential rains every night for the last week so I was afraid it might be a miserable night but not a drop of rain for ol' Bob. I hadn't seen him in so long, I got verklempt when he came out on onstage and especially when I heard the opening notes of Lay, Lady, Lay (not even one of my favorites really, but part of the soundtrack to my life nonetheless.)

1. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
2. Lay, Lady, Lay
3. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
4. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
5. To Ramona
6. Watching The River Flow
7. Workingman's Blues #2
8. Rollin' And Tumblin'
9. I Believe In You
10. 'Til I Fell In Love With You
11. Just Like A Woman
12. Highway 61 Revisited
13. Spirit On The Water
14. Summer Days
15. All Along The Watchtower

(encore)
16. Thunder On The Mountain
17. Ballad Of A Thin Man

I saw him about a month ago, and what amazes me is that it was almost a completely different set list. He played It's Alright, Ma, Highway 61, Thunder on the Mountain, and All Along the Watchtower, but those are the only songs in common. It was my fifth time seeing him and my first time seeing him outside, and he never sounded better. I love how much he rearranges his own songs, so that even if you've heard them live before, you've probably never heard that exact version.

The weather was disgustingly hot and humid and the crowd was cranky, but I moved around until I found a spot around good people, and I still had a blast. There are very few performers I'll always see when I have the chance, but he's definitely on the list.

Saw him last week for the first time. I'm not a huge fan and went along with no real expectations, and knowing how erratic he can be, and he really, really impressed me. Sure he didn't chat or anything, but he really seemed to be enjoying playing. And his band was tight as :drool: And he occasionally turned and acknowledged the crowd's existence. :wink: I spoke to other bigger fans and they were also impressed, both by the quality of the gig and the way he rearranged his songs so that they weren't immediately recognisable.

And a big :up: to the support, the Frames from Ireland. 30 minutes was nowhere near enough. :mad:

yep Bob and Elvis Costello are touring together.. They are playing right by my house at this outdoor ampitheatre but my husband's damn navy schedule just f'd it up.. He is gonna be out to sea when they play here on 9/28... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

Back
Top Bottom