Boards of Canada? More like "Bored of Canada"!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Hahahahahahahahahahha!!!!! Whatever.

Boards of Canada have a new album coming out. Here is the information I have found on this fancy little treat:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-07/21.shtml#boards

Boards of Canada Prep New Album

Caroline Bermudez reports:
As sentimental as aged childhood Polaroids, as pastoral as an endless green meadow, the ambient electronica of Boards of Canada is infused with a nostalgic soul that feels as familiar as home. The Scottish duo of Michael Sandison and Marcus Eoin create sonic palettes that pulsate the warmth of a summer day or make cherished memories come alive, especially in the now classic Music Has the Right to Children. Boards of Canada is the soundtrack for the search of time lost.

The search will renew itself again when a new album from Boards of Canada is released stateside on October 18. Their first effort since 2002's Geogaddi, the album was produced by the duo themselves and is "very much classic Boards, building on themes and sounds that can can be heard in their intervening remix work for Beck, cLOUDDEAD and Boom Bip," according to their label, Warp Records. No album title has been announced yet and the tracklist is still being confirmed.

In between albums, Boards of Canada remixed Boom Bip's "Last Walk Around Mirror Lake," have had their work performed by the London Sinfonietta, contributed a psychedelic remix of cLOUDDEAD's "Dead Dogs Two," seen the reissue of Music Has the Right to Children, and remixed Beck's "Broken Drum" off Guero. Come October, these shards of light will burst through as a blinding parade.

While I have not heard any of their recent remixes, I've read on another forum who's fans are described as "pretentious jerks" that the remixes have been amazing. This bodes (is that really a word?) well for the new album. Hopefully BoC will keep the trend up of teaching us something new about music with this one also (Music has the Right to Children, Music is Math, etc).

This is a group that I've always wanted to hear more of, but just haven't managed to do so. I think I'll have to start. As soon as I get my new hard drive so I can download something more, that is...

I'd check out the album, 'Music Has the Right to Children' first. It seems to be everyone's favorite (I cant say, because it's still the only album of their's that I have). Let me know if you need some song recommendations too.

A bit off topic but Michael Sandison was a few years ahead of me in school. They lived just up the road from me.

The title and the content are both superb.

That's right. Super plus B= This thread.

:shh:

I like that Boards of Canada song that mofo put on a mix for me, the one that goes "beep beep boop blip boop boop beep BOARDS OF CANADA!" :up:

Zoomerang96 said:
i find them to be incredibly over-rated in their field.

and yes, boring.

That's probably just because "Canada" is in their name.

Take that and stay fashionable!!!!!
hohohohoheheheheheahahahahaha

etc.

Last edited:
Zoomerang96 said:
i find them to be incredibly over-rated in their field.

and yes, boring.

I just lost all my respect for you, dude...I'm so dissapointed.

They are ANYTHINg BUT boring. easily the best ambient-electronic group out there. There's no better experience than lying down and chilling out to a boc album.

maybe you were being sarcastic or something. but I don't know how someone could say BoC are boring and then love Godspeed

I knew somebody who liked them a lot, so I put them on my Amazon wish list. Nobody bought the CDs for me, so I guess it was a sign from above to skip on this one.

Basstrap said:

They are ANYTHINg BUT boring. easily the best ambient-electronic group out there. There's no better experience than lying down and chilling out to a boc album.

maybe you were being sarcastic or something. but I don't know how someone could say BoC are boring and then love Godspeed

Oh Snap!

Actually I agree.....

Basstrap said:

first things first:

i do not love godspeed. i think they're ok, even alright. but i certainly don't "love" them by any means, even though i have a most kickass gy!be shirt. :sexywink:

secondly, i stand by my mark. i realize where boa are, and that there really aren't any other artists doing what boa is, but that doesn't change the fact that i find them to be boring.

you can give me fsol any day of the week - and for that matter, give me manitoba/caribou over anyone in that entire field, though i suppose now my genre-bending/twisting is getting a little bit out of hand.

naw, by'
I still think youre alright
I was just 'jesting'

you are still an ass-prick...but you're alright

I still think you should give Music has the Right...another listen though

i actually like geogaddi or however you spell it, better.

but WHATEVER MAN.

WHAT!! EEEVERRRRR!!!

More info:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-08/10.shtml

Ray Suzuki reports:
OK, time for all you IDM people to start freaking out: Scottish duo Boards of Canada have unveiled details about their highly anticipated forthcoming album. As Pitchfork reported way back in July 2005, the LP will be released via Warp on October 17 in Europe and on the following day in the U.S. What we didn't know then was that the album will be titled The Campfire Headphase, suggesting that this could be a collection of nostalgia-informed delicacy and layered analogue melodies. Just a guess. We also didn’t know what the album cover was going to look like, or what the tracklist would be. We do now!

But seriously, those who moan that Boards of Canada are simply retracing themselves from record to record can now rightfully stake that claim with their album art-- the front of The Campfire Headphase, with its weathered look, faceless cover star, and idyllic color scheme looks not unlike the image gracing the band's classic Music Has the Right to Children. Also, those who moan that Boards of Canada are simply retracing their own sound are heartless meanies. Here's what the rest of us will be listening to this autumn:

01 Into the Rainbow Vein
02 Chromakey Dreamcoat
03 Satellite Anthem Icarus
04 Peacock Tail
05 Dayvan Cowboy
06 A Moment of Clarity
07 '84 Pontiac Dream
08 Sherbert Head
09 Oscar See Through Red Eye
10 Ataronchronon
11 Hey Saturday Sun
12 Constants Are Changing
13 Slow This Bird Down
14 Tears From the Compound Eye
15 Farewell Fire

campfire.jpg

We learn nothing about music this time :( I have the right to learn something about music, screw you Boards of Canada!!!!

Back
Top Bottom