Blur's "Think Tank," what do YOU think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeadsOnSticks

New Yorker
I'm a long time Blur fan. I really liked "13" and I really am beginning to love this album. I think they managed to pull it off without Coxon. Or at the very least make something worth listening to; even if it doesn't sound like Blur.

What do youz people think?

I havent heard it yet. 13 is the only album of theirs that I've ever owned.

The album sure has gotten good reviews everywhere I've looked. I like the single.

You def have to give it a couple of spins, but "13" was the same way.

Coffee & TV= :drool: :bow:

i like it, just heard it tonight

coffee and tv was my favourite song for a whole week about a year after i got "13"...i hated blur for a while cos i hated "tender"...i was staying with my friends in vermont and the radio station kepy playing it over and over...hey had a contest called the mosh piut where they would play 3 songs all at once and you'd win a three pack of cds if you called up naming all three correctly, and we won that album (that, lo fidelity allstars, and i think the third was hole's album that was out at the time...got collective soul--dossage, lit--a place in the sun, and silverchair--neon ballroom that way too...)...the next year i was staying with them again and at about 4 am my best friend goes "hey let's listen to that blur album!" and it was the coolest thing i'd ever heard...the next day (at a time when my brain was functioning as close to normal as it can function) it still sounded really cool, and i got hooked on "coffee and tv"...

i played "crazy beat" on my radio show tonight, and a freind of mine who has a show after me played "sweet song" (i think that's what it's called)

Sweet Song is really pretty & melodic. BTW, I agree with you about not listening to "13" for awhile and busting it out. Qu'elle surprise!

Tender has honestly been my favorite Blur song to date. I know lots of people dont like it, I love it.

u2popmofo said:
Tender has honestly been my favorite Blur song to date. I know lots of people dont like it, I love it.

I agree. It really is a"tender" song. Bwahahahaha!

a fervoured image of another world
means nothing in particular now
and imitation comes naturally
but i never really stopped to think how
and everyone is a clever clone
a clone of a clone am i
but in the absence of a way of life
i'll repeat this again and again
and again

hey hey come out tonight
hey hey come out tonight
popscene
alright

i'm leaving town to run away
run into your twisted arms
no queues and there's no panic there
just dangling your feet in the grass
my lack of a natural lustre now
seems to be losing me friends
so in the absence of a way of life
just repeat this again and again
and again

hey hey come out tonight
hey hey come out tonight
popscene
alright...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.q4music.com have a review of the London Astoria gig. They say Simon Tong looked really bored throughout the show, even during Song 2. :shrug:

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:
There's a really great remix of Tender by Cornelius, with some neat drum and bass effects.

My favourite Blur song is 'This Is A Low'.

One of mine too.

heard the album. nothing spectacular but then i'm not really a blur fan so what can i really say. i really like crazy beat though.

Sweet Tart said:
heard the album. nothing spectacular but then i'm not really a blur fan so what can i really say. i really like crazy beat though.

Give it a couple more spins, it groooooows on you.

got it. in 'enhanced' version. it came in one of those irresistably cool red cloth covers. with mtv live videos. yes i'm a sucker for probably buying it, but at an extra dollar more, what's stopping me!

Back
Top Bottom