BLUR News!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://nme.com/news/102529.htm

IT'S ALL A BLUR!

Blurnew0900_L.jpg

The new BLUR album will definitely be released in January, according to frontman DAMON ALBARN.

The as yet untitled follow-up to 1999's '13' has been the subject of much speculation oscillating between rumours of its near completion and it just being at the beginning of the process.

Speaking to MTV last weekend ahead of a Gorillaz live show, Albarn was keen to nail the rumours.

"The record itself will definitely be out in January," he said. "We'll put a white label out in the next couple of months and it won't have our name on it, but it'll take a lot of people by surprise. We're hoping people play it not knowing who it is."

Albarn added that Blur had benefited from the work he had been involved in with the Gorillaz project. "Hopefully the record we're just finishing will represent a shift," he said. "We're working with some really interesting producers, Neptunes and Norman CookFatboy Slim]."

However, his remarks have caused confusion within the Blur camp. A spokesperson said this afternoon that despite his remarks, the album had no definite release date scheduled, and that while some producers had been approached none had been confirmed. A spokesperson for Neptunes confirmed that the super-producer duo had been approached, but could not confirm which, if any, tracks had been completed. Fatboy Slim recently told NME he wasn't sure if he was needed for the LP following a drunken row with Albarn

In addition, Albarn hinted that Gorillaz may head off now in a new direction.

"It's probably our last ever gig, before we morph into a film," he said of the animated group. "Next time anyone will see them is in a blockbuster."

Published: 31-07-2002-18-06

I love the coffee and tv video where the wee milk cartons go to heaven *sniff*

:drool: I love these guys :drool:

"The record itself will definitely be out in January," he said. "We'll put a white label out in the next couple of months and it won't have our name on it, but it'll take a lot of people by surprise. We're hoping people play it not knowing who it is."

was jsut tinkin about that......Who buys a random album and everyone is gonna know its a Blur album now Damon has opened his big mouth LOL :lol:

I :heart: the milk carton.

Lara Mullen said:
I love the coffee and tv video where the wee milk cartons go to heaven *sniff*

That's the BEST video. I love when the milk carton's walking down the street! :lol: He's so cute!! :love:

Re: I :heart: the milk carton.

meegannie said:

That's the BEST video. I love when the milk carton's walking down the street! :lol: He's so cute!! :love:

aaaw thats my fave video of ALL time :heart: aaw i love when he hops onto the bike and all

"coffeeee and ttvvvv do doo do doooo"

Back
Top Bottom